Take a Picture of Yourself Reading by August 15!

Re: Take a Picture of Yourself Reading by August 15!

Postby Jugglah » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:53 pm

Wow. I can't believe I did well in this thing, since I just submitted mine for fun. I'm not particularly good at photography, especially not when using the self-timer in pitch blackness. ;) I liked everyone else's pictures better than mine. (Yes, even yours, Trent. :x) The whole idea was great - I always liked the photo contests in Clubhouse!
KING BUTTER TURTLE IS MY TWIN!
The Council must persist
Jugglah

is going to the oo-nee-vers-ee-tay

Cash on hand: 0.00

Postby Catspaw » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:55 pm

Wow, lots of great pictures! :D Jugglah, yours is definitely very creative! :D You did a great job! Though of course I liked Trent's better than yours too, since it has such great subject matter. :inlove: DAM, you look quite comfortable, which is great in a reading location! Irwin definitely wins the "least of the person in the picture actually appearing in the picture" award. ;) Laura, that's a great pose! I hope it wasn't as uncomfortable as it looks to me! Shennifer, that also looks quite uncomfortable, but I love the way you capture the sun in the picture. :yes: Stubborn, great expression! Remind me never to interrupt you while you're reading. :shock: Trent...what can I say about such a picture? It is simultaneously amusing and utterly ridiculous. If I were you, I would have been ashamed to submit such a picture. :( Lizzie, those are great! I can see why you didn't win the Clubhouse contest ;) but it's still fun to see, and the other two are quite creative and awe-inspiring.

I am a genius when it comes to pictures - thanks, Trent! That's a very kind compliment, coming from someone such as yourself. :) I wish I had won, after risking life and limb :x but hey, at least I had fun and got a decent picture!
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Catspaw

Cash on hand: 6,269.53
Bank: 1,958.31

Postby LizzieG » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:57 pm

Trent DeWhite wrote:Ooh, great pictures everyone! (Yes, even yours, Jugglah. :x)

Laura, I really liked how you incorporated your surroundings in your photo. Almost made me wonder if there was a needle in that haystack. ;)

Awesome entry, Catspaw! Whoever came up with that idea is a genius. :yes:

Especially enjoyed seeing yours, Lizzie. :lol: It reminded me of the entry I submitted for that same Clubhouse contest so many years ago. Do you remember which book you were reading for that photo?

I do! It was Mysterious Monday, a Juli Scott Super Sleuth book! :D

If I remember correctly, there wasn't a whoever-reads-the-most-pages-wins element in that contest; without that, it wasn't especially motivating to read gobs of books. :-

EDIT: Yes, we had a great selection of pictures! :D Taq picked the final winner, as I felt I had a bit of a conflict of interest in regards to a couple of the entries. ;)
I love the \:D/ smiley
LizzieG

Honourary Canadian!

Cash on hand: 39.64
Bank: 660.73

Postby Irwin » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:55 am

Just a note, I simply put the official guide on the floor and took a picture, so it sort of looked like someone was reading.
Springer from Odyssey
Irwin

misses "Spam-Happy Spammonger!"

Cash on hand: 0.00
Bank: 0.00

Postby LizzieG » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:24 am

Enjoy this belated picture from Ruthie! \:D/

I love the \:D/ smiley
LizzieG

Honourary Canadian!

Cash on hand: 39.64
Bank: 660.73

Postby Catspaw » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:33 pm

:lol: Great picture, Ruthie! I love the way you're peering over the book! \:D/
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Catspaw

Cash on hand: 6,269.53
Bank: 1,958.31

Postby Taq » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:40 pm

Awesome pictures. There were an abundance of good ones! Some of you had good scenery (Nice bale of hay there, Laura!) and some of you made me chuckle (Trent and Lizzie with the Whit head). What struck me most about Jugglah's picture was the mood - amazing lighting combined with a great expression while engrossed in the Frank Peretti book. Thanks to those of you who submitted pictures. This was fun!
I post like Shadowpaw
Taq

Cash on hand: 45.68
Bank: 8.85

Postby Termite » Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:49 pm

Was that The Oath by Peretti, Jugglah?
Love you always, SnC
"Satan can't take your joy unless he disturbs your sense of right-standing with God." -Roy H Hicks
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
"Stop boring me and think. It's the new sexy." -Sherlock
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Termite

was eaten by a dinosaur.

Cash on hand: 296.24
Bank: 1,599.64
Blog: View Blog (4)

Previous

Return to Summer Reading Contest