Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post Post subject: Re: Important End-of-Reading-Contest Procedures (8/24!)
Posted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:21 pm 
Former Mayor

Cash: 55.12
Bank: 962.00
So we have until Monday at 11:59pm EDT to post all our reviews? :)

Offline Profile  

Posted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:01 am 
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Milo Yiannopoulos

Cash: 567.29
Blog: View Blog (4)
I have a real technicality dilemma: If the books we read today count, I have two books that might be eligible to be counted. One of them was read far before midnight in any of the participating time zones, while the other one was finished several minutes before midnight in my time zone. Assuming that everyone (if being extremely literal) started the contest on the exact date assigned, wouldn't that mean that everyone would finish the contest at midnight in their own time zones? :anxious: I'm trying to finish calculating and I'm trying to make sure I'm following the rules.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:10 am 
I love the \:D/ smiley
Honourary Canadian!

Cash: 33.86
Bank: 660.73
Danielle Abigail Maxwell wrote:
LizzieG wrote:
Amethystic wrote:
Okay. :yes: I was also wondering if we count books that we've read today, also, and if so, do we stop counting at midnight in our own timezones or another timezone? :anxious:

Yes, you can count books read today... and I suppose Eastern time works, since that's usually the time zone I use for deadlines. :yes:

Yeah, and since no one seems to understand how to go back three hours from Eastern to make it to PST... (We could make it mountain time! Much more fun!)

8:59 PST = 11:59 EST (or whatever its initials are...)

Hmm... you live in PST, Lizzie. What's with the whole Eastern time zone?

Well, others greater than I have utilized that timezone in ToO events, so I'm merely continuing the legacy. ;)

Also, during Spirit Week especially, it meant I could get an earlier start grading the entries than I would've been able to had it been in PST.

And, I live in Eastern time most of the year, so I can't help but be a little partial to it. \:D/

Trent DeWhite wrote:
So we have until Monday at 11:59pm EDT to post all our reviews? :)

Everyone except you, Trent-dear - your deadline is Tuesday, 11:28 AM EDT. \:D/
;)

Amethystic wrote:
I have a real technicality dilemma: If the books we read today count, I have two books that might be eligible to be counted. One of them was read far before midnight in any of the participating time zones, while the other one was finished several minutes before midnight in my time zone. Assuming that everyone (if being extremely literal) started the contest on the exact date assigned, wouldn't that mean that everyone would finish the contest at midnight in their own time zones? :anxious: I'm trying to finish calculating and I'm trying to make sure I'm following the rules.

Technicalities - the scourge of the earth! :mad: ( ;) ) I'll... leave that one up to your discretion. :)

The Taylor University AIO Club's YouTube channel.

Offline Profile  

Posted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:08 pm 
The Council is GREAT!
figuring everything out - YAY

Cash: 67.18
Bank: 578.00
I started in Pacific time zone and ended in eastern. If that's the case, then I could have read3 more hours to make up for the 3 I lost - but I stopped at EST like the rules required...and I could have gotten a ton more pages in had I kept going....

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.

Offline Profile  

Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:15 pm 
I love the \:D/ smiley
Honourary Canadian!

Cash: 33.86
Bank: 660.73
JesusFreak777 wrote:
I started in Pacific time zone and ended in eastern. If that's the case, then I could have read3 more hours to make up for the 3 I lost - but I stopped at EST like the rules required...and I could have gotten a ton more pages in had I kept going....

Oops, I meant to reply to this sooner... I would've said, "I'll leave this one up to your discretion as well." :)

The Taylor University AIO Club's YouTube channel.

Offline Profile  

Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:03 pm 
The Council is GREAT!
figuring everything out - YAY

Cash: 67.18
Bank: 578.00
grr...I coulda had about 300 or so page added to my count then. :(

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.

Offline Profile  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2