Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post Post subject: Bible Day!
Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:57 am 
I love the \:D/ smiley
Honourary Canadian!

Cash: 33.86
Bank: 660.73
Monday is BIBLE DAY! \:D/

All signer-uppers have been added to one of the following groups: Team Whit, Team Connie, Team Eugene, or Team Wooton. Original, I know, but it was better than Team A, Team B... ;) See below for info on changing your team name and getting points! Various other opportunities to earn points are also detailed below; stuff under the blue headings is today-specific. Please review the informational thread in your faction for more important details about how to submit answers for the group challenges, and how to make sure your avatar-for-the-day gets credit. Also, if you signed up and don't see your new group (which will show up as a sub-forum under this Spirit Week forum), please PM me! I'm pretty sure I got everyone, but I do have the occasional bout of humanness. ;) Finally, a reminder: if you haven't signed up yet but you would still like to participate, you have until today to do so! Don't delay! :)

TEAM NAME

As lovely as Team Whit, Team Connie, Team Eugene, and Team Wooton are, all teams are strongly encouraged to come up with their own team name. Your team will get points for deciding on a name, and the sooner you do so, the more points you'll get!

WEEK-LONG GROUP CHALLENGE

Come up with the best shop item for even more team points! This is no ordinary shop item, however; we're looking for something that best shows the spirit of the ToO, and does so creatively! Shop items - complete with a short description, long description, and small image - will be due Friday.

PUT YOUR HEADS TOGETHER!

Today's group challenge will be a series of Bible trivia. Please do not discuss the questions/answers in this thread - that's what your groups are for. Each group will need to nominate someone to submit their answers (for more information on that, see your group's faction) by 11:59 PM, EDT. Points will be given to the team(s) with the most correct answers. Using Internet search engines is discouraged.

• 1. What is the only book of the Bible that offers a blessing to those who read it, hear it, and pay attention to it?
  • 2. In Bible times, what were the three main kinds of birds caught for food in Palestine?
  • 3. Which coastal Palestinian city was founded under the name of Straton?
  • 4. List a Bible verse and a song that quotes that verse (include lyrics and a link to where the lyrics are available):
  • 5. What important event in biblical history occurred during the Intertestamental Greek period of Jewish history? What number is significant to this event and why?
  • 6. List 5 qualities of a fool, with references.
  • 7. Who were the five people in the New Testament named James?
  • 8. Of the following three coins, which is Hebrew, which is Greek, and which is Roman? Also, what are the general names for each of the coins?

• Coin 1: Image
    • Coin 2: Image
    • Coin 3: Image
  • 9. Which "Azariah" in the Old Testament is better known by another, foreign name?
  • 10. Which prophet has the longest-recorded lineal genealogy (meaning, goes back the most generations)?
STAND OUT FROM THE CROWD!

Today's individual challenge is also Bible trivia, but instead of coming up with as many answers as you can, you're only required to choose one question to answer. And because this is a non-group-related challenge, there are no special instructions for submitting your answer - just PM your question/answer to me by 11:59 PM EDT. All completers will be rewarded equally.

• 1. Name a book of the Bible where God is not mentioned, nor is there a reference to worshiping him through prayer or sacrifice.
  • 2. What is the name of James and John's (Jesus's disciples) father?
  • 3. What do Christians have in common with salt and light? Name the reference.
  • 4. Name five generations above Joseph, the husband of Mary.
  • 5. Who was the son-in-law of Annas, and what role did he play?
AVATAR DRESS UP DAY - BIBLE DAY!

Simply change your avatar to your group's theme, and follow the instructions in your faction for getting credit. The team with the highest percentage of avatar-changers will get today's "avatar points":

• Team Whit: Bible characters
  • Team Connie: Bibles
  • Team Eugene: Church buildings
  • Team Wooton: Israel/other Bible locations

The Taylor University AIO Club's YouTube channel.

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject: Re: Bible Day!
Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:34 am 
Springer from Odyssey
misses "Spam-Happy Spammonger!"

Cash: 0.00
Bank: 0.00
Haha, this will be fun!

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:26 am 
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author
Bone Marrow Transplant Registered Nurse

Cash: 231.86
Blog: View Blog (13)
Um, just wondering, for #4 on the individual, does that mean the 5 ABOVE Joseph in the lineage line, or just about any name that comes to mind that is way up in the genealogy line?

EDIT: also, can everyone have the same avatar per team or each different?

Offline Profile  

Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:14 pm 
I'm finally not a No0b

Bank: 318.75
This is a great idea!!

Offline Profile  

Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:09 pm 
I love the \:D/ smiley
Honourary Canadian!

Cash: 33.86
Bank: 660.73
Danielle Abigail Maxwell wrote:
Um, just wondering, for #4 on the individual, does that mean the 5 ABOVE Joseph in the lineage line, or just about any name that comes to mind that is way up in the genealogy line?

EDIT: also, can everyone have the same avatar per team or each different?

It doesn't matter now, but I was thinking each of the 5 directly above Joseph. Either one counts, though. :)

I just saw your edit... similar avatars are fine.

I've enjoyed peeking in the team factions throughout the day, and seeing all the teamwork at work!

Stay tuned for Game Day! \:D/

The Taylor University AIO Club's YouTube channel.

Offline Profile  

Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:03 am 
I'm finally not a No0b

Bank: 318.75
Wow, Game Day was ingenious, Lizzie G.

Offline Profile  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 [ 6 posts ]