Real Spirit Weeks

It's a week of fun, games, and healthy competition! Welcome to the ToO's first-ever Spirit Week, "a game of knowledge and skill"! \:D/

Real Spirit Weeks

Postby LizzieG » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:27 pm

I decided it was about time we started putting this main Spirit Week forum to more use. :yes:

For those of you who've been a part of non-virtual ( ;) ) Spirit Weeks in your schools, what have you enjoyed about those Spirit Weeks? Are there aspects of this Spirit Week that strike you as particularly similar (or different!) to your school's Spirit Week?
I love the \:D/ smiley
LizzieG

Honourary Canadian!

Cash on hand: 33.86
Bank: 660.73

Re: Real Spirit Weeks

Postby Danielle Abigail Maxwell » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:50 pm

Enjoyed? Seeing the hilarious costumes and ideas people come up with... we had twin day once. Some guys came in SUITS! Others were in Hula skirts... then we had injury day. :) Oh wow... my most memorable one was Ricky. He couldn't see a thing. And Eder was no help. He was soo sweet though... it was kinda funny!
And how everyone comes together to just have fun during the day. Actually joins the school, even though... there isn't much afterwards... sadly.

Similar.. how we all are working together to achieve something, the final goal. We have teamwork, and I've seen it A LOT in my own group. :) Their amazing!

Different would be how we're doing it. Definitely different. :) But exciting all the same!
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author
Danielle Abigail Maxwell

Bone Marrow Transplant Registered Nurse

Cash on hand: 228.66
Blog: View Blog (13)

Postby Laura Ingalls » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:21 am

Well, I've never participated in a Spirit Week and didn't really know what they were. :- But it has been a lot of fun - thanks for planning it, Lizzie. :D
“Home is the nicest word there is.”
― Laura Ingalls Wilder
Half Pint
Half Pint
Laura Ingalls

Happily married to Almanzo

Cash on hand: 393.98
Bank: 80.45

Postby Irwin » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:27 am

I've never exprienced a real one, but might some day...
Springer from Odyssey
Irwin

misses "Spam-Happy Spammonger!"

Cash on hand: 0.00
Bank: 0.00

Postby EK » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:57 am

Real spirit weeks always striked me as lame. Because the days would be so randomly chosen...but the ToO spirit week was pretty beast. \:D/
sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare
The Original EK
The Original EK
EK

Cash on hand: 28,902.77
Bank: 192.84
Blog: View Blog (5)

Postby Trent DeWhite » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:00 am

I've never participated in spirit weeks before, but I'm glad I got the chance to experience one here. I've enjoyed every minute of it. \:D/

Except for the fact I got teamed up with that EK guy. :(
Last edited by Trent DeWhite on Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Former Mayor
Trent DeWhite

Cash on hand: 55.12
Bank: 962.00

Postby Chandler » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:12 am

You look more like you're planning an election campaign. ;)

P.S., Oh, and great job on the song, guys. I hope it's okay for me to say that I absolutely loved it. :-$
Chandler

Международный экспертный центр 8(800)20002-79

Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked

Postby Trent DeWhite » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:22 am

Chandlah wrote:Oh, and great job on the song, guys... I absolutely loved it. :-$

I told you our team was the best! :x

Thanks. ;)
Last edited by Trent DeWhite on Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Former Mayor
Trent DeWhite

Cash on hand: 55.12
Bank: 962.00

Postby EK » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:26 am

I feel rather scourged by LizzieG that she would make me work with Trent DeWhite. :(
The Original EK
The Original EK
EK

Postby Taq » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:54 pm

I've participated in several spirit weeks over the years, and the ToO's definitely owns. I'm quite impressed by the collaboration y'all have displayed!

Tyler wrote:I feel rather scourged by LizzieG that she would make me work with Trent DeWhite. :(

Haha! We were worried about the random drawing, but the teams have worked out beautifully.
I post like Shadowpaw
Taq

Cash on hand: 45.68
Bank: 8.85

Postby darcie » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:30 pm

Well, I did Student Government my senior year of high school, so I definitely remember having to dress up on the different themed days during homecoming week. Pajama day (I hear those are outlawed now due to school dress codes! :lol: ), twin day, decade day (I remember picking to dress 80s) were the ones I best recall.

The ToO Spirit Week definitely seemed to have more spirit and sense of community and working together toward a common goal than the ones in real life. \:D/
Interested in an offsite group for LBGTQ ToOers and friends to talk? Message me.

"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
darcietastical
darcietastical
darcie

Nothing to see here.

Cash on hand: 159.09

Postby EK » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:37 pm

darcie wrote: (I hear those are outlawed now due to school dress codes! :lol: )
I wore Pajamas to high school on any day! \:D/ Pretty much because they're comfortable and I had just woken up.
The Original EK
The Original EK
EK

Postby Taq » Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:36 pm

Oh yeah, Pajama Day in high school was the best! I toted a pillow around to all my classes, much to the chagrin of my teachers.
I post like Shadowpaw
Taq

Cash on hand: 45.68
Bank: 8.85

Postby Catspaw » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:51 pm

Pajama Day was the best! I remember having one of those in junior high. I went all out with Mickey Mouse pajamas that my Grandma had given me for Christmas, and then most of the other girls who dressed up were just wearing plaid PJ pants that could almost pass for regular pants with regular tops. But I was totally comfortable and had fun! \:D/ I remember twin day, future day, sports day, farmer day, spirit days where everybody of whatever grade wore all the same colour...good times. I participated in a bunch of spirit weeks over the years, though I never went really far out of my way to dress up. ;) But the ToO spirit week sure seemed to get people involved, which is great!
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Catspaw

Cash on hand: 5,195.07
Bank: 1,958.31

Postby Johnny » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:32 pm

At the end of the week, there's a pep rally. That is what I enjoy in Spirit Week the most \:D/
Local Conspiracy theorist
Local Conspiracy theorist
Johnny

Cash on hand: 0.00
Bank: 174.50

Postby LizzieG » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:32 pm

I enjoyed Spirit Week in high school. We had a pep rally every day, complete with dress-up themes (oh the days of haunting the Costume Corner shop, being a dalmatian with the rest of my class for Twin Day, or winning Wacky Day by basically piling on every out-of-place article of clothing I could find, from my AWANA uniform to my karate uniform; no Pajama Day was ever permitted for us, though) and all manner of games in which the classes competed. The main competition was a bleacher decoration contest, in which each class was free to decorate a section of the bleachers however they saw fit (my class always lost that one :( ), and at the end of the week, the team with the greatest number of points won the Spirit Trophy. :-

I think I had even more fun with the ToO's Spirit Week than the ones in high school, though; I didn't participate as much in high school, but here, I got to run it! \:D/
I love the \:D/ smiley
LizzieG

Honourary Canadian!

Cash on hand: 33.86
Bank: 660.73

Postby Shennifer » Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:49 pm

Spirit Week was always an awesome thing to look forward to. My class won 3 years in a row, the 2nd year being the toughest. I'll really miss dressing up for wacky day, and especially dressing up like smurfs for class color day (ours was blue, and we even had matching sweatshirts and hats! it was EPIC. Even though when the paint dried, our faces felt really stiff! For our bleachers, we made a huge monopoly board and other huge cardboard props. We kicked booty to say the least :D

Till the end of the line.
Random sister
Random sister
Shennifer

figuring out life: one dream at a time

Cash on hand: 1,369.33
Bank: 0.00
Blog: View Blog (13)

Return to Spirit Week