Spirit Week: RESULTS!

It's a week of fun, games, and healthy competition! Welcome to the ToO's first-ever Spirit Week, "a game of knowledge and skill"! \:D/

Spirit Week: RESULTS!

Postby LizzieG » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:11 am

Most of you probably know all about what’s been going on the last few days, so I’ll spare you the details. Basically, I’ve agonized the past 48 hours over four choices. Well, I can’t agonize any longer. The time is now, and the choice is upon me. AIO #405, “The Graduate.”

The winning item was created by The Rath of the Israelites, and is a ToO Time Capsule! \:D/

All four of the items will soon be available for purchase (with the winning item clearly designated), in addition to an entire shop full of items commemorating this epic Spirit Week! :D

Here are the descriptions of each team-submitted item:

The Rath of the Israelites:

ToO Time Capsule

Short description: ToO memorabilia all in one place! Ahh, the nostalgia!
Long description: Over the past 4 years of the ToO, many ToO members have contributed to this time capsule. Open this little treasure, and you'll feel the waves of nostalgia sweep over you! A rubber ducky, a first edition copy of the Tattler, the ugliest of EB's Random Roulette of Doom avatars, a signed script of Catspaw's Young ToO Hearts Turning, and so much more!

Rainbow Unicorns:

Name: Hillingdale Straightjacket
Cost: $25
Short description: Own your own little piece of Hillingdale.
Long Description: Once a method of containment at Hillingdale, the straightjacket is no longer used. (Mind control is used instead! \:D/) Also, the straightjacket is great fun at parties! You can own this antique today! Disclaimer: This is an actual straightjacket. If you injure yourself or others while playing with the item you alone are responsible.

Peanut Butter Lollipops:

Short description: This Peanut Butter and Honey Lollipop epitomizes the sweetness of the people here and our love for AIO!

Long Description: The Town of Odyssey is made up of Odyssey lovers, Randoms, and sweet, amazing people who have a thirst for God. Suck on this Peanut Butter and Honey Lollipop to feel the awesome power of God's love and Odyssey!

Captain Crunch and the Cereal Killers:

Short description: Because it might have magical powers.....

Long description: RARE COLLECTIBLE! The Stick of Spirit Week is truly and amazing shop item. It contains a built-in clock, microwave, four-person tent, and shower! You can use it for fishing! Ice Skating! Hiking! Sportsmen will love it! Collapses into a bed in less than 30 seconds! Perfect for any special occasion, including birthdays, home remodeling, or disciplining those screaming children! Plus, it might.... you know.... have magical powers....

~*~

And now, what you’ve all been waiting for – the final scores! :D

• 1st Place: Rainbow Unicorns (115 points)
  • 2nd Place: Peanut Butter Lollipops (111 points)
  • 3rd Place: The Rath of the Israelites (94 points)
  • 4th Place: Captain Crunch and the Cereal Killers (40 points)

CONGRATULATIONS, Rainbow Unicorns – or more commonly known as American Eagle, Eugene, JesusIsAlive, Kairi, Trent DeWhite, Tyler, and V-lady! \:D/ In addition to getting the Spirit Week Trophy, these winners will also get to come up with a brand-new set of auto-titles for the board! :D

-----

I am also pleased to hand out ribbons to the other teams' members who participated, based on individual team qualities I observed during Spirit Week.

To the Peanut Butter Lollipops (Chandler, Danielle Abigail Maxwell, Invisible Ninja, Lieutenant Aeva, Sapphire, and Pseudonym), I would like to give the Teamwork Award. I was especially impressed with how they truly came together as a team to tackle each challenge.

Captain Crunch and the Cereal Killers (Elisha Blackgaard, humdedum, Irwin, NateMaxwell, Regis Blackbeard, and Termite) get the Perseverance Award. They never gave up, and their team spirit and positive attitudes were commendable.

The Rath of the Israelites (JesusFreak777, King Butter Turtle, Laura Ingalls, prestoncamden11, and The King s Daughter) earn the Dedication Award. This team had the smallest number of participating members, but those who did participate gave it their all and I'm proud of them. They will also get free copies of their winning item.

All four of the teams get a hearty "good job!" from me - if you're not proud of yourselves, then I'm proud of you. =D> ( ;) ) AIO #294, "Unto Us a Child is Born.

-----

Anyone who completed at least one of the individual challenges will get a small cash prize and, depending on how many challenges they completed, either a gold (all 5), silver (3-4), or bronze (1-2) medal.

Gold: Chandler, Danielle Abigail Maxwell, JesusIsAlive, Laura Ingalls, Trent DeWhite
Silver: Eugene, humdedum, Invisible Ninja
Bronze: American Eagle, darcie, Elisha Blackgaard, Irwin, JesusFreak777, Kairi, The King s Daughter, Lieutenant Aeva, prestoncamden11, Regis Blackbeard, Termite, Tyler

All of the medals, ribbons, and the trophy are shop items, of course! \:D/

-----

The Spirit Week Shop will be up soon (along with the return of the other shops), so stay tuned! In addition to each team’s specially-created item, highlights of this new shop will include a Spirit Week Answer Key, special items to commemorate each team, the Spirit Week Soundtrack, a Lizzie-the-Insomniac Doll, and more! \:D/

The Spirit Week forums will remain open (and private) until the Rainbow Unicorns have selected the new auto-titles; then, they will be archived and viewable to everyone.

I hope you all enjoyed Spirit Week – I know I sure did! :D Last Sunday night, when I was creating the forums and putting together the first day's thread, I had no idea what to expect from all you participants. Seeing it take off like it did, and the teams work out so well, really made it all worthwhile for me. Thank you all - and a special thanks to my fellow admins for their support and input when I needed it. :hug:
I love the \:D/ smiley
LizzieG

Honourary Canadian!

Cash on hand: 33.86
Bank: 660.73

Re: Spirit Week: RESULTS!

Postby Eugene » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:25 am

Yay! \:D/ Congratulations to everyone who participated! It truly was an awesome week!

A BIG thanks to LizzieG for all her hard work! :thumbsup:

Everyone came up with such good shop item ideas, it's just too cool!
...to borrow the colloquialism...

"Beam me up, Scotty! There's no intelligent life here."
Official Brainiac
Official Brainiac
Eugene

aka Eliab... In case you were confused.

Cash on hand: 20.97
Bank: 220.00

Postby Catspaw » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:26 am

Wow, congratulations to the Rainbow Unicorns! \:D/ What a close race - the Peanut Butter Lollipops were so close, and definitely also deserving of commendation, as are all the teams for working together. :D I really enjoyed seeing what all the teams came up with and how they all stepped up to the challenge(s)! I cant wait to see all the shop items once they've been added.

And kudos to Lizzie and Taq, who made this past week a special and unforgettable one! Spirit Week was a blast for everybody involved, it seems! :D
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Catspaw

Cash on hand: 5,199.27
Bank: 1,958.31

Postby Laura Ingalls » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:37 am

LizzieG wrote: The winning item was created by The Rath of the Israelites, and is a ToO Time Capsule! \:D/

Oh yay! \:D/ *high fives team* :highfive:

Congrats to the overall winners! Wow, that was a close finish. :shock: And once again, thank you to LizzieG and the other admins for thinking up and then running this...it definitely was a whole lot of fun. :yes:
“Home is the nicest word there is.”
― Laura Ingalls Wilder
Half Pint
Half Pint
Laura Ingalls

Happily married to Almanzo

Cash on hand: 393.98
Bank: 80.45

Postby jelly » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:34 am

wow sounds like it was awesome, even though I never figured it out.

Great work, Lizzie! \:D/
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob
jelly

the guy who used to watch a lot of films

Cash on hand: 1,056.42
Bank: 4,500.00

Postby Aeva » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:33 am

Jellyfish11 wrote:wow sounds like it was awesome, even though I never figured it out.

You didn't know what you were supposed to do? You should have PMed me. :shame: It would have been fun to work with another Random.
But break my heart, for I must hold my tongue. --Hamlet.
StrongNChrist ~ Remembered Forever <3
Men who kill without reason cannot be reasoned with. --Stoic the Vast
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
You have nice manners for a thief and a liar. --Smaug
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa
Pretzel
Pretzel
Aeva

Welcome to the masquerade

Cash on hand: 117.46
Bank: 2,315.95

Postby V-lady » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:45 am

*Cheers for the Rainbow Unicorns* \:D/

Congrats to The Rath of the Israelites for creating the winning item! :D
Miss Independent
Miss Independent
V-lady

What is our life? A play of passion. And what our mirth but music of division? .... -Sir Walter Raleigh

Cash on hand: 0.81
Bank: 0.00

Postby EK » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:21 am

Go Team! It was no-brainer we would win. :noway:
sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare
The Original EK
The Original EK
EK

Cash on hand: 28,902.77
Bank: 192.84
Blog: View Blog (5)

Postby Trent DeWhite » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:30 am

Go team! \:D/

Many thanks, Lizzie, for making last week a fun one. :D And thank you all, because without you, there would've been no one to clap for us. :yes:
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Former Mayor
Trent DeWhite

Cash on hand: 55.12
Bank: 962.00

Postby American Eagle » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:37 am

Yay! We won! Awesome job, team!

And thanks for all your hard work, Lizzie, it was a great week. :D
"Eating three pieces of KFC chicken does NOT make you drunk, throw up, or in Moses' case defile himself."
—American Eagle, September 9, 2008.
Chief of Police
American Eagle

Cash on hand: 364.77
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Termite » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:40 am

W00t! A bronze medal to match the one I got from Camp Decision last year! \:D/

Congrats to the team that won, too. \:D/
Love you always, SnC
"Satan can't take your joy unless he disturbs your sense of right-standing with God." -Roy H Hicks
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
"Stop boring me and think. It's the new sexy." -Sherlock
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Termite

was eaten by a dinosaur.

Cash on hand: 287.96
Bank: 1,599.64
Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby Kairi » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:41 am

We won? Totally beast! :lol: Also, congrats to all the other teams, it was a really fun week. :D
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
I'll catch up to Bren!
Kairi

SCREAMING BLASPHEMY.

Cash on hand: 121.94
Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby JesusIsAlive » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:39 pm

Yeah, go team! :highfive:

Good job to all of the other teams. Peanut Butter Lollipops, you were really close to claiming the victory. Good job! ^_^

Thanks for running the contest, Lizzie! It was really fun! \:D/
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)
JesusIsAlive

grins bigly. Grins are contagious, you know! =D

Cash on hand: 137.50
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Irwin » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:29 pm

That was awesome Lizze! Thanks for the fun!
Springer from Odyssey
Irwin

misses "Spam-Happy Spammonger!"

Cash on hand: 0.00

Postby Taq » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:03 pm

Thank you for participating, everyone. Congratulations, especially to the Rainbow Unicorns. Have fun coming up with the auto-titles, otherwise known as ranks!

Excellent job with Spirit Week, LizzieG! I was involved in minor brainstorming, but ToO Spirit Week was Lizzie's brainchild which she developed and implemented wonderfully. What a fantastic innovation!
I post like Shadowpaw
Taq

Cash on hand: 45.68
Bank: 8.85

Postby Danielle Abigail Maxwell » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:21 pm

humdedum wrote:
I always figured DAM'S team would win... =P~

YOU WHAT???????????

Do I look smart to you or something? (just kinda wondering...) The most brains of our team was Chandler... Other the Pseu, I came up with the lamest ideas! And the only Riddle for Odyssey day I could even comprehend was the rocking climbing one... I knew Nathan Hoobler was a rock climber...

Meh... congrats peoples.... Oh well... I'm not very creative when it comes to shop items... though, food does sound appealing for a shop that has only... objects.... (Yes, I came up with the concept of Whit's Lollipop... the description was altered from... IN?)

Hmm.... this was fun.... Now the idea has been taken... okay...
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author
Danielle Abigail Maxwell

Bone Marrow Transplant Registered Nurse

Cash on hand: 228.66
Blog: View Blog (13)

Postby Chandler » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:36 am

Congratulations to the winners! :truce:
Chandler

Международный экспертный центр 8(800)20002-79

Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked

Postby jelly » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:36 pm

Danielle Abigail Maxwell wrote:Other the Pseu, I came up with the lamest ideas!

:hilarious:

sorry.

Well DAM, you finally won something! \:D/
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob
jelly

the guy who used to watch a lot of films

Cash on hand: 1,056.42
Bank: 4,500.00

Postby Chandler » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:57 pm

She could've won more with your help. :P
Chandler

Международный экспертный центр 8(800)20002-79

Cash on hand: Locked