Games Day - group challenge

The headquarters for this Spirit Week team!

Games Day - group challenge

Postby Trent DeWhite » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:15 am

LizzieG wrote:PUT YOUR HEADS TOGETHER!

Today's group challenge will be a game of Scattergories! \:D/ The rules are simple: I will give you a list of categories and a randomly-chosen letter. Your groups will have to come up with words for each category that begin with the chosen letter (example: If the category was car and the letter was C, you could put down Chevrolet). The catch, however, is that if you and your opponent(s) come up with the same answer at any point, you both have to cross it off and neither of you get the points. Alliteration is encouraged (example: Chinese checkers is worth two points). Since the time limit is all day instead of a few minutes, however, there will be one modification: you can come up with as many words for the various categories as you can! :D

The List:
  • Office items
  • Toys/games
  • Historical figures
  • Cartoon characters
  • Desserts
  • Terms associated with the Internet
  • Places in Odyssey (AIO, not the ToO)
  • Bible characters
  • Movies
  • Things associated with Canada

The letter is M.

Since we are allowed to come up with as many words for each category, we'll need everyone to go crazy. ;) Guess away!

In order to make this easier, just quote the following list and then add on any words you can think of. Here's something to get us started.

Office items: markers, monitors
Toys/games: monopoly
Historical figures:
Cartoon characters: Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse
Desserts: mousse
Terms associated with the Internet: mail
Places in Odyssey: McAlister Park
Bible characters: Moses, Mary, Martha, Mark, Matthew
Movies: Madagascar, Mama Mia, Mean Girls, Meet the Robinsons, Million Dollar Baby, Mission Impossible, Miss Congeniality, Monsters Inc., Monsters vs. Aliens, Mr. and Mrs. Smith, The Matrix, The Mummy
Things associated with Canada: mittens,
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Former Mayor
Trent DeWhite

Cash on hand: 55.12
Bank: 962.00

Re: Games Day - group challenge

Postby V-lady » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:00 am

Are we supposed to post our answers here, or wait till everyone had made their own list, then come together and see what can be submitted (aka things we've put down that no one else had)?
Last edited by V-lady on Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Miss Independent
Miss Independent
V-lady

What is our life? A play of passion. And what our mirth but music of division? .... -Sir Walter Raleigh

Cash on hand: 0.81
Bank: 0.00

Postby JesusIsAlive » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:26 am

Trent DeWhite wrote:In order to make this easier, just quote the following list and then add on any words you can think of. Here's something to get us started.

Office items: markers, monitors, Macs, mouse (as in... computer mouse), magnets,
Toys/games: monopoly, Mother, May I?, Mousetrap,
Historical figures: Madison, Monroe, Martin Luther, Martin Luther King Jr.,
Desserts: Mousse,
Terms associated with the Internet: mail, myspace, messaging,
Bible characters: Moses, Mary, Martha, Mark, Matthew, Miriam, Methuselah,
Movies: Madagascar, Mama Mia, Mean Girls, Meet the Robinsons, Million Dollar Baby, Mission Impossible, Miss Congeniality, Monsters Inc., Monsters vs. Aliens, Mr. and Mrs. Smith, The Matrix, The Mummy
Things associated with Canada: mittens, moose, maple leaves,
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)
JesusIsAlive

grins bigly. Grins are contagious, you know! =D

Cash on hand: 137.50
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby American Eagle » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:41 am

JesusIsAlive wrote:In order to make this easier, just quote the following list and then add on any words you can think of. Here's something to get us started.

Office items: markers, monitors, Macs, mouse (as in... computer mouse), magnets,
Toys/games: monopoly, Mother, May I?, Mousetrap,
Historical figures: Madison, Monroe, Martin Luther, Martin Luther King Jr., Malcolm X
Desserts: Mousse, Mint Chip Ice Cream,
Terms associated with the Internet: mail, myspace, messaging, Meebo, Mibbit,
Bible characters: Moses, Mary, Mary Magdalene, Martha, Mark, Matthew, Miriam, Methuselah,
Movies: Madagascar, Mama Mia, Mean Girls, Meet the Robinsons, Million Dollar Baby, Mission Impossible, Miss Congeniality, Monsters Inc., Monsters vs. Aliens, Mr. and Mrs. Smith, The Matrix, The Mummy, My Dog Skip, Meet Me In St. Louis, March of the Penguins
Things associated with Canada: mittens, moose, maple leaves,

Some ones added ^
"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice.” - Martin Luther King Jr.
Chief of Police
American Eagle

Cash on hand: 442.31

Postby EK » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:24 pm

American Eagle wrote:
JesusIsAlive wrote:In order to make this easier, just quote the following list and then add on any words you can think of. Here's something to get us started.

Toys/games: monopoly, Mother, May I?, Mousetrap, Mario, Madden, Metal Gear Solid
Historical figures: Madison, Monroe, Martin Luther, Martin Luther King Jr., Malcolm X,
Desserts: Mousse, Mint Chip Ice Cream, Molasses
Terms associated with the Internet: mail, myspace, messaging, Meebo, Mibbit, Meta, Megabyte, MP3, MySql, Malware, MAC Address,
Places in Odyssey: McAlister Park, Marus, McCullum Jr. High
Bible characters: Moses, Mary, Mary Magdalene, Martha, Mark, Matthew, Miriam, Methuselah,
Movies: Madagascar, Mama Mia, Mean Girls, Meet the Robinsons, Million Dollar Baby, Mission Impossible, Miss Congeniality, Monsters Inc., Monsters vs. Aliens, Mr. and Mrs. Smith, The Matrix, The Mummy, My Dog Skip, Meet Me In St. Louis, March of the Penguins, Moonlight Mile
Things associated with Canada: mittens, moose, maple leaves, maple syrup

Some ones added ^

^more added
sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare
The Original EK
The Original EK
EK

Cash on hand: 28,902.77
Bank: 192.84
Blog: View Blog (5)

Postby JesusIsAlive » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:55 pm

Tyler wrote:
American Eagle wrote:

Office items: markers, monitors, Macs, mouse (as in... computer mouse), magnets, maps, mats,
Toys/games: monopoly, Mother, May I?, Mousetrap, Mario, Madden, Metal Gear Solid
Historical figures: Madison, Monroe, Martin Luther, Martin Luther King Jr., Malcolm X,
Desserts: Mousse, Mint Chip Ice Cream, Molasses, mint brownies, mocha moolates, M&M cookies,
Terms associated with the Internet: mail, myspace, messaging, Meebo, Mibbit, Meta, Megabyte, MP3, MySql, Malware, MAC Address, map quest,
Bible characters: Moses, Mary, Mary Magdalene, Martha, Mark, Matthew, Miriam, Methuselah, Michael, Mordecai,
Movies: Madagascar, Mama Mia, Mean Girls, Meet the Robinsons, Million Dollar Baby, Mission Impossible, Miss Congeniality, Monsters Inc., Monsters vs. Aliens, Mr. and Mrs. Smith, The Matrix, The Mummy, My Dog Skip, Meet Me In St. Louis, March of the Penguins, Moonlight Mile, Mary Poppins, Miracle on 34th Street, Miracle of the Cards, Miracle, Marley and Me,
Things associated with Canada: mittens, moose, maple leaves, maple syrup, Montreal,

Some ones added ^

^more added

^^Even more added
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)
JesusIsAlive

Postby Trent DeWhite » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:04 pm

V-lady wrote:Are we supposed to post our answers here, or wait till everyone had made their own list, then come together and see what can be submitted (aka things we've put down that no one else had)?

Add your words to the growing list! :D

Tyler wrote:Office items: markers, monitors, Macs, mouse (as in... computer mouse), magnets, memory stick
Toys/games: Monopoly, Mother, May I?, Mousetrap, Mario, Madden, Metal Gear Solid
Desserts: Mousse, Mint Chip Ice Cream, Molasses
Terms associated with the Internet: mail, myspace, messaging, Meebo, Mibbit, Meta, Megabyte, MP3, MySql, Malware, MAC Address,
Bible characters: Moses, Mary, Mary Magdalene, Martha, Mark, Matthew, Miriam, Methuselah, Matthias, Mephibosheth
Movies: Madagascar, Mama Mia, Mean Girls, Meet the Robinsons, Million Dollar Baby, Mission Impossible, Miss Congeniality, Monsters Inc., Monsters vs. Aliens, Mr. and Mrs. Smith, The Matrix, The Mummy, My Dog Skip, Meet Me In St. Louis, March of the Penguins, Moonlight Mile, Man on Fire, The Mighty Ducks, Mrs. Doubtfire, Maid in Manhattan
Things associated with Canada: mittens, moose, maple leaves, maple syrup

^ more added
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Former Mayor
Trent DeWhite

Postby JesusIsAlive » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:12 pm

Trent, you and I simulposted (sorta). Do you want me to add everything to your list or vice vera? :-k
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)
JesusIsAlive

Postby Trent DeWhite » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:14 pm

Weird. I should've gotten a notification of your post. :-k

Feel free to go ahead and add everything to my list. Thanks! :)
Former Mayor
Trent DeWhite

Postby EK » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:23 pm

Trent is so lazy! :x
sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare
The Original EK
The Original EK
EK

Cash on hand: 28,902.77
Bank: 192.84
Blog: View Blog (5)

Postby JesusIsAlive » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:44 pm

Trent DeWhite wrote:
V-lady wrote:Are we supposed to post our answers here, or wait till everyone had made their own list, then come together and see what can be submitted (aka things we've put down that no one else had)?

Add your words to the growing list! :D

Tyler wrote:Office items: markers, monitors, Macs, mouse (as in... computer mouse), magnets, memory stick, maps, mats
Toys/games: Monopoly, Mother, May I?, Mousetrap, Mario, Madden, Metal Gear Solid,
Desserts: Mousse, Mint Chip Ice Cream, Molasses, mint brownies, mocha moolates, M&M cookies, McFlurries,
Terms associated with the Internet: mail, myspace, messaging, Meebo, Mibbit, Meta, Megabyte, MP3, MySql, Malware, MAC Address, MapQuest
Bible characters: Moses, Mary, Mary Magdalene, Martha, Mark, Matthew, Miriam, Methuselah, Matthias, Mephibosheth, Michael, Mordecai,
Movies: Madagascar, Mama Mia, Mean Girls, Meet the Robinsons, Million Dollar Baby, Mission Impossible, Miss Congeniality, Monsters Inc., Monsters vs. Aliens, Mr. and Mrs. Smith, The Matrix, The Mummy, My Dog Skip, Meet Me In St. Louis, March of the Penguins, Moonlight Mile, Man on Fire, The Mighty Ducks, Mrs. Doubtfire, Maid in Manhattan, Mary Poppins, Miracle on 34th Street, Miracle of the Cards, Miracle, Marley and Me,
Things associated with Canada: mittens, moose, maple leaves, maple syrup, Montreal

^ more added

All better now. =P
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)
JesusIsAlive

Postby V-lady » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:37 pm

Office items: markers, monitors, Macs, mouse (as in... computer mouse), magnets, memory stick, maps, mats
Toys/games: Monopoly, Mother, May I?, Mousetrap, Mario, Madden, Metal Gear Solid, Mad Gab
Desserts: Mousse, Mint Chip Ice Cream, Molasses, mint brownies, mocha moolates, M&M cookies, McFlurries, Milskake
Terms associated with the Internet: mail, myspace, messaging, Meebo, Mibbit, Meta, Megabyte, MP3, MySql, Malware, MAC Address, MapQuest
Bible characters: Moses, Mary, Mary Magdalene, Martha, Mark, Matthew, Miriam, Methuselah, Matthias, Mephibosheth, Michael, Mordecai,
Movies: Madagascar, Mama Mia, Mean Girls, Meet the Robinsons, Million Dollar Baby, Mission Impossible, Miss Congeniality, Monsters Inc., Monsters vs. Aliens, Mr. and Mrs. Smith, The Matrix, The Mummy, My Dog Skip, Meet Me In St. Louis, March of the Penguins, Moonlight Mile, Man on Fire, The Mighty Ducks, Mrs. Doubtfire, Maid in Manhattan, Mary Poppins, Miracle on 34th Street, Miracle of the Cards, Miracle, Marley and Me, Mr. Smith Goes to Washington
Things associated with Canada: mittens, moose, maple leaves, maple syrup, Montreal, mountains

Heh, not much of a help, but I'm trying to think of more...
Last edited by V-lady on Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Miss Independent
Miss Independent
V-lady

What is our life? A play of passion. And what our mirth but music of division? .... -Sir Walter Raleigh

Cash on hand: 0.81

Postby Eugene » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:39 pm

V-lady wrote:Office items: markers, monitors, Macs, mouse (as in... computer mouse), magnets, memory stick, maps, mats
Toys/games: Monopoly, Mother, May I?, Mousetrap, Mario, Madden, Metal Gear Solid, Mad Gab,
Desserts: Mousse, Mint Chip Ice Cream, Molasses, mint brownies, mocha moolates, M&M cookies, McFlurries, Milskake, malt
Movies: Madagascar, Mama Mia, Mean Girls, Meet the Robinsons, Million Dollar Baby, Mission Impossible, Miss Congeniality, Monsters Inc., Monsters vs. Aliens, Mr. and Mrs. Smith, The Matrix, The Mummy, My Dog Skip, Meet Me In St. Louis, March of the Penguins, Moonlight Mile, Man on Fire, The Mighty Ducks, Mrs. Doubtfire, Maid in Manhattan, Mary Poppins, Miracle on 34th Street, Miracle of the Cards, Miracle, Marley and Me, Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, Mel, Miracle Dogs
Things associated with Canada: mittens, moose, maple leaves, maple syrup, Montreal, mountains, Manitoba

I added a few more items. If I think of more, I shall append them to our list.
...to borrow the colloquialism...

"Beam me up, Scotty! There's no intelligent life here."
Official Brainiac
Official Brainiac
Eugene

aka Eliab... In case you were confused.

Cash on hand: 22.59
Bank: 220.00

Postby Kairi » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:11 pm

Eugene wrote:
V-lady wrote:Office items: markers, monitors, Macs, mouse (as in... computer mouse), magnets, memory stick, maps, mats, mousepad, microphone
Toys/games: Monopoly, Mother, May I?, Mousetrap, Mario, Madden, Metal Gear Solid, Mad Gab, Minesweeper,
Historical figures: Madison, Monroe, Martin Luther, Martin Luther King Jr., Malcolm X, Marx,
Desserts: Mousse, Mint Chip Ice Cream, Molasses, mint brownies, mocha moolates, M&M cookies, McFlurries, Milskake, malt
Movies: Madagascar, Mama Mia, Mean Girls, Meet the Robinsons, Million Dollar Baby, Mission Impossible, Miss Congeniality, Monsters Inc., Monsters vs. Aliens, Mr. and Mrs. Smith, The Matrix, The Mummy, My Dog Skip, Meet Me In St. Louis, March of the Penguins, Moonlight Mile, Man on Fire, The Mighty Ducks, Mrs. Doubtfire, Maid in Manhattan, Mary Poppins, Miracle on 34th Street, Miracle of the Cards, Miracle, Marley and Me, Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, Mel, Miracle Dogs, Madagascar 2, Muppets in Space, The Muppets Take Manhattan[/b], The Muppet Movie
Things associated with Canada: mittens, moose, maple leaves, maple syrup, Montreal, mountains, Manitoba

What I added is in bold. \:D/ (My sister helped with some, I hope that's okay.)
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
I'll catch up to Bren!
Kairi

SCREAMING BLASPHEMY.

Cash on hand: 121.94
Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby Trent DeWhite » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:38 pm

Alrighty, I'm heading off to bed, so I'm submitting our list now. Thanks you all for your contributions! :D
Former Mayor
Trent DeWhite

Return to Rainbow Unicorns