Life, life

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Post by Stop Wooton' Around »

Penguin wrote:
NatetheGreat wrote:
Penguin wrote:I spent the better part of yesterday working on a programming assignment that is due today only to realize, after I had finished, that I did the wrong one. >_> So I completed the right one today and it actually was much easier.
Ooh, programming! Are you a CS major? What are your favorite languages?
Yes I am! :) I've only learned Java. My sister knows C++ and I've seen very little of python.
As stated previously, I am still technically a CS major, but changing to a different aspect after this semester. Creating programs and solving algorithms is not what I want to do with my life. With that being said I know python, C, C++, and Java.

I say all that though to say that I figured out what my final project is going to be and I am stoked. I previously thought whiteboard but I am not very good at finding out how to do that. Instead I went back to chemistry, because I can breakdown the steps of a chemistry problem (in this case...Empirical Formulas) to find out how to do each aspect of the problem.

P.S. Marvin...I love syntax errors, because at least it tells you what is wrong. The worst errors are the ones in which the program doesn't complain but it doesn't do what you wanted it to.
NatetheGreat
Got Pancakes?

Post by NatetheGreat »

Penguin wrote:
NatetheGreat wrote:
Penguin wrote:I spent the better part of yesterday working on a programming assignment that is due today only to realize, after I had finished, that I did the wrong one. >_> So I completed the right one today and it actually was much easier.
Ooh, programming! Are you a CS major? What are your favorite languages?
Yes I am! :) I've only learned Java. My sister knows C++ and I've seen very little of python.
That's great. Python is definitely fun to use. I do envy Java's stricter approach, though. :anxious:
Marvin D. wrote:Computer languages are the WORST. I get frustrated in five seconds once the error codes start showing up. BEGONE, FOOLISH SYNTAX ERRORS :x
A good IDE plus a dose of test-driven development would take care of a lot of that. Anyway, to enjoy programming you really do have to learn to enjoy one problem after another. Just think of it as a string of never-ending puzzles. :)
Pengwin
Penguin-tastic
Penguin-tastic

Post by Pengwin »

*high fives the computer nerds*
:wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky:
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I'm home for the summer! \:D/

Till the end of the line.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

YAY, cool, Shen! \:D/ *highfives*
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

snubs wrote:YAY, cool, Shen! \:D/ *highfives*
:highfive:

thanks snubs!

and it just so happens that my parents just announced that they're going to sell the house and move to town (which is only 30 minutes away, and we go there all the time, but still it was unexpected). So yeah, processing that *insert unsure emoticon*
Last edited by Shennifer on Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

The weather here in upstate New York is DELIGHTFUL.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Pengwin
Penguin-tastic
Penguin-tastic

Post by Pengwin »

I'm finished with all my finals! \:D/ I got an A+ in University Physics which my counselor said was the one that most people in my school would fail. I'm just waiting for my other professors to post my final grades for my other classes.
Pianoman
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Pianoman »

Congratulations Mr. Pengwin!!!! \:D/ :highfive:
Arwen
No way I broke the window

Post by Arwen »

Good work, Penguin! Are you graduating this year, or next year?
Marvin D. wrote:The weather here in upstate New York is DELIGHTFUL.
Where are you from, Marvin? I'm from the Capital Region (Saratoga Springs area) originally.

Tomorrow I get the keys to the house in the Philly area where I'm moving in June! My friends are moving on Saturday, and my name is with theirs on the lease, so I will have two homes in two states for about 6 weeks.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

By upstate do you just mean north of NYC, or the eastern half of the state? Because we like to call western NY separate from upstate ;)
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Pengwin
Penguin-tastic
Penguin-tastic

Post by Pengwin »

Arwen wrote:Good work, Penguin! Are you graduating this year, or next year?
I graduate from highschool on Saturday! :shock: And I graduate from college in 2 years, hopefully. ;)
Arwen
No way I broke the window

Post by Arwen »

Very cool!
DanP740 wrote:By upstate do you just mean north of NYC, or the eastern half of the state? Because we like to call western NY separate from upstate ;)
I'm from straight north of NYC, but not "just" north. I'm from about halfway between NYC and Montreal. And I've heard western NYers call where they live "upstate" as well, although I agree that it's a different region.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless
Young&Mighty
Pilgrim

Post by Young&Mighty »

Just finished typing up some reports for my supervisor for my water research. The last time I was here, it was... when I was still in 3rd year undergraduate I think?

Now I'm doing my Masters in Biology. So weird to be back here now...
"Adventure is Out There"

~Charles Muntz from "Up"
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

@Young&Mighty: WELCOME BACK. I'm glad you decided to stop by again. =D
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Young&Mighty
Pilgrim

Post by Young&Mighty »

snubs wrote:@Young&Mighty: WELCOME BACK. I'm glad you decided to stop by again. =D
Thanks! I gotta say though, it doesn't look much has changed since I was last here. Things were I am changed a lot though. Masters programs require a lot of time... That's for sure.

Got to plan lots of experiments and get things done!
"Adventure is Out There"

~Charles Muntz from "Up"
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Wow, a Masters program! That does sound like a lot of hard work. Good for you!

Tonight I spent a few hours with a group of former co-workers that I hadn't seen for a while. It was a lot of fun to catch up and chat. And fortunately for me, we were in a restaurant that was showing the hockey game, so I still got to watch the Montreal Canadians win tonight! \:D/
Pengwin
Penguin-tastic
Penguin-tastic

Post by Pengwin »

My oldest sister and my nephews came to visit this past week! :) I really fun having them here. I only wish they could have stayed longer. However, my sister was using my room while they were here so I get to have it back now! ;)
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

we are skyping with my sister in about an hour \:D/

so much has happened since I last posted here; my room looks way different with everything off the walls. Decluttered and put away a lot of stuff too
my art stuff is still there though, so that makes me happy ;)

Pengwin
Penguin-tastic
Penguin-tastic

Post by Pengwin »

I spent all day today working in our backyard. It looks nicer, but my feet hurt so much. :(