Life, life

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Isaiah the Ox wrote:
Catspaw wrote:I went to a musical last night with a group of friends, and it was a ton of fun!
Coooool! \:D/ What did you see?
Sister Act, featuring a M*A*S*H joke and some catchy songs!

This morning I had agreed to help with the two-year-olds at church (with some trepidation, since I usually help with the three-year-olds and usually enjoy kids more once they can talk to me) ;) and then they were short in my usual area and I ended up exactly where I usually help! :lol: I stayed with the younger ones just long enough to see triplet girls come in, which was neat. Triplet two-year-old girls sound like a handful and a half to me! They were really cute.
Lizzy88
OK

Post by Lizzy88 »

Catspaw, I work with the 2yr olds one week every month; they are so cute! One little guy liked my rubber band bracelet so much he held my hand while I read him a book, just so he could wear it too! :D
On the Soda Shoppe I am HomeschoolCowgirl. On the Chat I am TheStepHat. Does that help ya?
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Aww, that's so sweet, Lizzy. :D Kids always keep life interesting!

I had a lovely day reading today! I finished one book and started (and am now about to finish) a second one, and they've both been really good. The days where I have the chance to do that are rare, so it's been fun!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

First day of school! I'm going into the 27th grade this year! \:D/
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Congrats, Top! Best wishes to you. Make sure you're nice to all the other kids, try to make new friends, and don't forget your backpack at school! :shame:

Last night was great - my church had a prayer evening, and it was wonderful to get together and pray with others.
Paula
insert dash here

Post by Paula »

Tonight is the first Youth Group meeting of this year *takes a deep breath* I'm curious to see how this church's youth group works =P Wish me luck!
Fast & Jelly are at it again. This time they face the evil fast clickers. Can fast be faster? Is Jelly too slow to turn them into jelly? Find out this week on Fast & Jelly! --> Penguin
#pPodPartnersWithPenguin
Pengwin
Penguin-tastic
Penguin-tastic

Post by Pengwin »

Isaiah the Ox wrote:Ewww, why C#? Wouldn't Bb or G be better?

#musicjokes :lol:
The name C# was actually inspired because of the musical notation. It was something about it better a bit better than C just how C++ is named like that because "++" means to increment by 1 suggesting that C++ is better than C. I have never programmed in C though, so I wouldn't know if they are better. :P
:wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky:
Graces4you
Love to love
Location: Somewhere in a Beautiful Valley That everyone ought a see.

Post by Graces4you »

I've been at college for almost two weeks!
What is life :mad:
Last edited by Graces4you on Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/
Moontide
No way I broke the window

Post by Moontide »

Penguin wrote:The name C# was actually inspired because of the musical notation. It was something about it better a bit better than C just how C++ is named like that because "++" means to increment by 1 suggesting that C++ is better than C. I have never programmed in C though, so I wouldn't know if they are better. :P
This is my simplistic understanding:
C is a very simple low-level language.
C++ is a complex behemoth that includes object orientation built on top C.
C# is a shiny Microsoft interpreted language that is sort of like Java.

I don't know very much about C# though.

C is useful for somethings like operating system design, embedded systems, and things that need speed.
C++ is useful for things that need speed, and if you want object orientation.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Today I ran some errands and was very proud of myself because I managed to avoid getting caught in any of the several construction zones currently happening! I managed to always be in the right lane or choose the streets that would not get some stuck at an intersection closed while they work on it. \:D/ This brings me much happiness. The other day I thought I had avoided it but then just got stuck at a different spot and had to backtrack.

The most interesting thing that happened was having the till do some odd glitch during the scanning of my cart of stuff and then they had to void it out and start all over again. Of course this was after well over half of my stuff had already been scanned. Oh well. Life happens. I probably looked weird taking things out of the bags and handing them back and then getting them again right away, though!
Pianoman
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Pianoman »

My little sister and I were baptized today. \:D/ And my Grandparents came out to watch, so it was pretty awesome. 8-)
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Wow, that's wonderful, Isaiah! Congratulations to you and your sister for the step you took today in your walk with God. :D

Today I was helping with the three-year-olds at church, which always makes for a busy morning! We managed to have three different kids trip and fall and cry today, which is above-average. Nothing major, just a minute of crying before they realized it didn't hurt any more. ;) The resiliency of kids is always amazing to see.
Dream Big
Lurker

Post by Dream Big »

Isaiah the Ox wrote:My little sister and I were baptized today. \:D/ And my Grandparents came out to watch, so it was pretty awesome. 8-)
Congratulations Isaiah! That's incredibly exciting! I'm so happy for you and your little sister. =)
☆Dream Big

✞The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.
-John 1:5
Lizzy88
OK

Post by Lizzy88 »

Congrats OxR!
On the Soda Shoppe I am HomeschoolCowgirl. On the Chat I am TheStepHat. Does that help ya?
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Graces4you wrote:I've been at college for almost two weeks!
What is life :crazy:
Crazy, Gracy! It seems like life is moving so fast these days :P Did you have to move far away for school, or stay close to home?
Graces4you
Love to love
Location: Somewhere in a Beautiful Valley That everyone ought a see.

Post by Graces4you »

Jesus' Princess wrote:
Graces4you wrote:I've been at college for almost two weeks!
What is life :mad:
Crazy, Gracy! It seems like life is moving so fast these days :P Did you have to move far away for school, or stay close to home?
I'm about 4 hours away from where I live! I moved in a week early because I am on the competitive speech team and this week is our first full week of classes finally!!

Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

I always forget how much I miss this place. <3 Has activity picked up on the board at all?
Life. Life has been crazy. It's been dishing out some pretty tough stuff...which makes me glad that I'm still at home and not busy with much at the moment. But there have been highlights these past few months too. This summer I was blessed to meet Torry Martin (writer, creator of Wooten). That was amazing. He told us to call him Torry...but I accidentally refer to him as Wooten whenever I talk about meeting him. :P He basically is Wooten! My brother and I got to hear some about his writing and faith. Also this summer, some friends who I only get to see once a year (on a good year) due to distance, decided to move to where I live. So I'll get to see them more often and their kids can actually grow up knowing me<3. My health has been a bit better, so that's a lovely bonus too. ^.^ But life is just generally crazy and messy still. It seems to do that a lot.

Congrats on getting baptized, Isaiah! :D That's wonderful.

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Lizzy88
OK

Post by Lizzy88 »

Wednesday night was the first night of AWANA! I am a Cubbie leader; I work with two other adults and about nine 3-yr-olds (tornadoes in blue vests). I was assured that it wouldn't be this crazy every week. I hope so.
Moontide
No way I broke the window

Post by Moontide »

I always forget how much I miss this place. <3 Has activity picked up on the board at all?
It feels like to me that it was fairly active over the summer, not like the olden days, but it has slowed with the start of school and all. HH is still highly active, but the SS seems to get all of debate discussion though.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

TDK, meeting Torry Martin sounds like a really cool experience! :D How fun!

I had a nice day today. My mom and I were able to meet for lunch at a little place that neither of us had been to before, which was really fun. We had a thunderstorm in the later afternoon, after I was home and didn't have to drive through the downpour or the flooded streets, so that's a bonus. \:D/