A very interesting experience

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

A very interesting experience

Post by Evil Chick »

The other day I had a very interesting and weird but still kinda fun experience.

Something in our water pipes was all clogged up, which resulted in our having problems with water. While we could get water out of the sinks, etc., we couldn't dump any down the drains, since that flooded the basement. Well, this was not good news for me, since I needed to wash my hair. But, I couldn't take a shower! *help*

So, after thinking about my dilemma for a while, I came up with a solution. I went out to our patio, and set up a small table there. Then I got the largest Tupperware bowl I could find, and filled it with warm water, and took it outside. I got my shampoo and conditioner, and proceded to wash my hair in a Tupperware bowl outside. And, to make it more fun, it was raining while I was trying to do this.

Now, I don't know if any of you have ever tried this, but it was not an easy task. First of all, I couldn't fit my whole head in the bowl, so I had to use a cup to get all of my hair wet. And I got shampoo in my mouth, and it was incredably hard to rinse out. When I was done, not only was my hair wet, but also my clothes.

So, anyway, that was a very interesting experience, but not neccisarily one I would like to repeat.

Have any of you ever experienced similar situations? (Or any other interesting things you've done.)
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

I jumped off a high rise before (well kinda) I was in the air and my grandma snatched me up by my belt =D> =D> =D> yay grandma (i thought i was batman BTW i was like 6)
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Well there was third grade, where I used to run across the back lawn of a retirement home with one of my friends, and the old people would yell at us if they saw us. One of our favorite passtimes was spying on them from the tops of trees.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

I was at a public park recently putting some sunscreen on my face and neck. Right before I'd turned to do that, I saw someone dressed up as a dog (cartoon character) come out for the kids. I paid no attention to it. When I felt a nudge on my shoulder I assumed it was a family member. When another told me to turn and look the first thing I saw was a dog nose. :lol: I guess I'm still considered a kid. :-#
Manda
Someone's favorite

Post by Manda »

Me wrote:Well there was third grade, where I used to run across the back lawn of a retirement home with one of my friends, and the old people would yell at us if they saw us. One of our favorite passtimes was spying on them from the tops of trees.
Haha! Spying... Oh goodness... When my brother, a friend of ours and I were younger, we would go to the library (this was a very large deep and dark library, especially to a little boy of 5, a little girl of 9 and a-not-so little boy of 11!) and spy on people in the other side the the shelves or under desks where people were reading/studying. Let me tell you, if looks could kill, our spying victims would have been charged with murder and life in prison!
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Heh, I'd like to see someone doing that Monday.
...I hate marquees.
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

lol! Monday, that's really funny! :lol:
Bandit Squirrel
OK

Post by Bandit Squirrel »

Several years ago, my friend spent the week with me and brought her baby hamsters. One night I woke up and thought I saw something on the floor but didn't care and went back to sleep. In the morning, one of the hamsters was missing. We finally found out that it had gotten out of the cage and fallen down a vent into the furnace. We didn't want it to die, so my parents opened the furnace and let me get in it to try to get the hamster which was on a ledge inside it. I tried, but I couldn't get it, so we ended up drilling a large hole in the furnace right near the hamster. It worked, so we grabbed it and promply dropped it onto the concrete floor. Amazingly, it survived.
Now the hole in the furnace is covered with duct tape.
(I guess that was really a hamster's experience, not mine, but oh well.)
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Post by Rachael Blackgaard »

lol, Evil Chick, if you don't want your clothes to get wet you just go out onto the porch naked. I do it all the time.

(I hope that by now all of you realize that I'm just kidding.)

I can't think of any weird experiences I have, but I know I have them.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

:-s :-s *knows not to spy on racheal on google maps*
Linne
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Linne »

Heheh, there was that lovely time at camp one year....we were off campus at a camp-out when it started raining, so we plied back in the cars and went back. We were going to continue under this observation deck thing. Now, the things is, the deck was only held up by large pillars, so the rain could still come in and soak us. We bravely held out for another ten minutes, but by this time, it was pouring, everyone was rather wet, and getting cold. Some brave people ran back to their cabins, but I took a car all 20 yards back. ha.

Or the other time it rained....and we found out the cabins leaked. And one cabin left a window open...man, I felt bad for them.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Oh, random story! (since I've had my CA trip on the mind lately) :wacky: (I've also always wanted to use that smily, but never found a good spot)

When we went to the Santa Monica pier (before the biggest performance of my life) nothing was open. We were to be there from 9 to 1130, and the stuff opened up at 11. I'm dead positive this was the former conductors fault, as it was he who planned the trip before he got fired. So, we did what any card loving teenagers would; we played cards on the beach. People appearently thought this was funny and took pictures of us :lol:

-Jonathan
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Rachael wrote:lol, Evil Chick, if you don't want your clothes to get wet you just go out onto the porch naked. I do it all the time.

You know, that's actually really not very funny, because our back yard and our neighbor's back yard are like back-to-back, so we can see into their yard, and even in some of their windows, and vice-versa. Soooo, that would be a very bad idea!!
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

Evil Chick wrote:
Rachael wrote:lol, Evil Chick, if you don't want your clothes to get wet you just go out onto the porch naked. I do it all the time.

You know, that's actually really not very funny, because our back yard and our neighbor's back yard are like back-to-back, so we can see into their yard, and even in some of their windows, and vice-versa. Soooo, that would be a very bad idea!!
Yes...bad idea!
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

THat's the whole point isn't it? ;-) Sorry, I'm in such a strange mood today! I'm not usually this... risque, especially outside the Blackgaard Mansion. I have no idea what's going on with me, but I apologize in advance if I say anything inappropriate.
Last edited by Rachael Blackgaard on Sun May 08, 2005 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Okey dokey, I think we need to change the subject here....
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

Tsk Tsk Rachael :shame:
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

I know, and I'm sorry! I think I'm out of that mood... for now.
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

lol. It's ok Rachel, but keep that husband of yours in line.
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

[scoff] Like I could keep Regis in line! Sometimes I can convince him to do something or give me something, but only if I act like I don't really care about it and he came up with such a great idea.