What makes a good Mayor?

What do you think?

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
Fenix
The Rich

What makes a good Mayor?

Post by Fenix »

Post what you think would make a good Mayor of Odyssey?

I think he/she should be very respected and kind to all forum members. He/She should have integrity and be someone of their word!
Hope
You like me! You really like me!
You like me! You really like me!

Post by Hope »

I think they should have a good understanding of the citizens opinions. And they should want to hear the opinions.
Fenix
The Rich

Post by Fenix »

I Agree I love how the system is in place. It will ensure that only the best candidate will be running for Mayor.
Sarah
Someone's favorite

Post by Sarah »

I think, that a good mayor, has to be someone that listens. Not just talks.

I mean, you could say all you want, make as many promises as you want, until your face turns blue, but if you don't listen, you aren't going to get anywhere!

I view it in ratio form: for every one promise that you make, you should have to listen to 3 ideas. Just my thoughts. :D

Sarah
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

A good sense of responsibility. He/she needs to be able to take on the duties of mayor, whatever that may entail.

A mayor needs money, money, money too! :D
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Hope wrote:I think they should have a good understanding of the citizens opinions. And they should want to hear the opinions.
exactly. couldn't have said it better myself.
Fenix
The Rich

Post by Fenix »

This forum is relatively new but seeing as this is the first election we must be sure that we choose someone that will respect the role. This time in the forum is very fragile and needs to be handled with care and by someone with responsibility.
Fenix
The Rich

Post by Fenix »

It is our role as citizens to ensure the future of this forum.
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Indeed. Much like the United States, if the first few transfers of power can occur peaceably and with an upholding of the current values, there is no reason why the trend should not continue indefinitely.
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Post by Eugene Blackgaard »

Q: What makes a good Mayor?
A: The Top Crusader makes a good Mayor.
Bmuntz
Former Mayor

Post by Bmuntz »

Dr. Watson wrote:A mayor needs money, money, money too! :D
The mayor themselves don't need to be rich but have many supporters. The people need a leader that stands up for what they, the people, are calling for. This means they listen to the needs of others and respect all opinions of all people.
Last edited by Bmuntz on Sun May 01, 2005 8:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fenix
The Rich

Post by Fenix »

Ask voters what they're looking for in a new mayor, and they might tell you they want someone with leadership abilities or a knack for working well with others.

Other voters hone in on the essence of the job.
Elf of Rivendell
random passerby elf
random passerby elf

Post by Elf of Rivendell »

The mayor must not run simply for the sake of earning the status-- that's something many candidates seem to overlook. A worthy candidate runs because he sincerely believes that he would be the best one to manage the town(for its good *cough*) and to take on all the responsibilities that come with the position. Why else would a candidate run?
Eagle Eye
Just visiting

Post by Eagle Eye »

Fenix for mayor O:)
Fenix
The Rich

Post by Fenix »

Eagle Eye wrote:Fenix for mayor O:)
This is like the 5th time someone asked me to run for mayor. I seriously don't think that I have enough influence, or even the credentials for such a task. I think the role would be better suited to someone who knows the people, as because I do not. Maybe sometime in the future if it is in my destiny. For now I am going to give my support to the person that I believe would make the best mayor. I can only hope that my decision carries through and that others within this board are aware of how important this first election reallly is. Please people think carefully before you make your vote, do whats is best for everyone and for the future longevity of this new home of ours. And thank you all who think that I would be good for the job. I am flattered.
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Post by Eugene Blackgaard »

Fenix, if our party is elected you just may find yourself a job in our human relations department. ;)
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

Eugene Blackgaard wrote:Q: What makes a good Mayor?
A: The Top Crusader makes a good Mayor.
You mispelled Bennett Charles.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I thought it was "-Bennett Charles"? ;)

(although, I think Eugene Blackgaard spelled what he intended to spell, although I could be wrong)
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

For me, a good mayor is someone who will represent the people of the ToO. As such, he or she should most definitely be someone the people will trust and respect. Someone who will listen to the suggestions of others and even try to incoporate those ideas into ways that would benefit the town. A good mayor must be willing to sacrifice his or her own time and money for the betterment of the citizens of the ToO.

Obviously, the mayor will need many supporters, but that does not necessarily suggest a good mayor. Many times, the majority is not always right. There was a time when people considered the earth to be at the center of the universe. :-s Sometimes those who may not have a huge crowd of followers deserve to be heard . . .
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

I think a good mayor will keep things under control here, and also make sure that we have a lot of fun.