SOCKS

I like socks

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

SOCKS

Post by gimp80995 »

OK, a friend and I was having this discussion..........and it caused me to wonder.

Do you have a specific color socks you always or almost always wear?

Me........I wear nothing but white socks.

The only exception to that is when I'm doing Pathfinder stuff (which I took a break from this year).........for the Pathfinder uniform you have to wear BLACK socks...........so when I do Pathfinders I have exactly two pairs of black socks (one to wear for my dress [formal] uniform and one to wear for my field [informal] uniform)...........and the rest are white.

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Why do I think that we've already discussed socks before? :-s

Oh well, whatever...

I wear blue, pink, white, black, or beige socks, depending on my mood and the rest of my outfit. Occasionally, I will wear socks with little figures on them (i.e. snoopy, eeyore, etc.) But, not too often.
gimp80995

Post by gimp80995 »

I've tried having different color socks..........it just doesn't work out for me..........with only white socks I know that they already match anything I'm wearing :D No, that's not really the reason............maybe I should figure out the reason that I only like white socks :)

Peace Out

-Gimp

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Yeah, white socks are cool, but they get dirty too quickly.
gimp80995

Post by gimp80995 »

Evil Chick wrote:Yeah, white socks are cool, but they get dirty too quickly.
That's how I feel about white sneakers........you can't do nothin' in them w/o getting them dirty.

Peace Out

-Gimp

Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Well, I don't have white sneakers. Do you?
gimp80995

Post by gimp80995 »

Evil Chick wrote:Well, I don't have white sneakers. Do you?
Unfortunately. I (should) wear white sneakers to work........however I find it a waste of time to wear a pair of sneakers for my errands, then have to come home and change into sneakers for work on the days I have to work afternoons............and inconvienient to come home to change sneakers before running afternoon errands when I work mornings.........so I uaully end up wearing my "work" sneakers most of the time.

Peace Out

-Gimp

Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Well, that would turn your white sneakers into grey sneaker pretty fast!
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
gimp80995

Post by gimp80995 »

Evil Chick wrote:Well, that would turn your white sneakers into grey sneaker pretty fast!
It does..........me needs to get in the habbit of keeping her white sneakers at work in her locker............then just change shoes in the staff lounge before starting or leaving work............

As far as my clothing..........while we're "suppose" to wear scrubs, we can (and often do) get away working in street clothes........or jeans and a scrub top..........so I really don't mind running errands in the clothes I intend to wear (or did wear) for work............so I don't have to change clothes (unless I want to).

Peace Out

-Gimp

Linne
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Linne »

I wear white and blue, sometimes black socks. I've also worn blue and green socks...at the same time. Ah, the joys of not caring whether or not your socks match!
Me
An original

Post by Me »

I wear white socks whenever possible. I have to wear black on the odd occasion that I am forced to dress up.

Yes, we did have another thread on socks back when the board first started.
gimp80995

Post by gimp80995 »

The only thing I don't like about white socks is when I have black sneakers (like the inside is black)...........then if my feet get at all sweaty, the socks tend to get dyed black from the inside of my shoes.............but I figure for the most part no one other than me sees that part of my socks, so it doesn't really matter what they look like................just so long as I know that at one point in time they were white :D

Peace Out

-Gimp

Me
An original

Post by Me »

gimp80995 wrote:The only thing I don't like about white socks is when I have black sneakers (like the inside is black)...........then if my feet get at all sweaty, the socks tend to get dyed black from the inside of my shoes
Gross. I'm glad I rarely get black shoes. I'm fine with white shoes since I don't care what they look like.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Evil Chick wrote:Why do I think that we've already discussed socks before? :-s
Hmm..it does indeed sound familiar... :-k Oh, yeah - because I started a topic on socks about amonth ago! \:D/

I usually wear patterned socks of all varities, and I love my Winnie-the-Pooh socks! I have to wear black socks for work, so I hate doing so, just because I have to. Once I forgot to change my socks, and I looked down in the luchroom on my last break of the day, and realized that I was wearing bright pink socks with hearts on them with my navy pants and the rest of my work uniform! :- I couldn;'t belive that I had done that! Fortunately, if anybody else noticed, they didn't say anything.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I pretty much always wear white socks, like Me, except when I have to dress up.
Jessicado
Love to love

Post by Jessicado »

I don't have a preference in the color of my socks, especially if no one can see them. If they can be seen, I generally just like them to match my clothes. Otherwise when I wear socks, I'll mos of the time have two different pattern socks on.

I actually usually don't wear socks, since most of my shoes are not "sock shoes", but when I do wear sock shoes, I like some white ankle socks I have with pink or blue toes/heels. Otherwise I have a bunch of socks with crazy patterns and colors. And I think that is about all you want to know about my socks..... :anxious:
gimp80995

Post by gimp80995 »

Me wrote:
gimp80995 wrote:The only thing I don't like about white socks is when I have black sneakers (like the inside is black)...........then if my feet get at all sweaty, the socks tend to get dyed black from the inside of my shoes
Gross. I'm glad I rarely get black shoes. I'm fine with white shoes since I don't care what they look like.
I prefer not having black shoes as well........there are times (like Pathfinderfs) where I "have" to wear black shoes.........but most of those times I also "have" to wear black socks.........so it's all good.

Although I prefer NO shoes.......when I'm at home, doing respite care (like my normal job, just in the ppl's house), or at work for night shift, I prefer to just walk around in my socks or barefoot.

Peace Out

-Gimp

Frodo
Classic

Post by Frodo »

I wear whatever I pull out the draw unless I want them to match my clothes.
Priscilla

<><
gimp80995

Post by gimp80995 »

Frodo wrote:I wear whatever I pull out the draw unless I want them to match my clothes.
When I did have different colored socks, that's how I did it...........usually didn't care if the socks matched my clothes..............or each other for that matter :D

Peace Out

-Gimp

MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

i tried to go white in my sox color