Church hours

What time is church for you?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Church hours

Post by gimp80995 »

OK, seeing as after this post I must be leaving for church, I thought I'd find out when everyone else goes to church.

My church has an 8:30 AM service (or so I hear, I've never been to it)

Then a 10:30 service (that's the one I go to)

Obviously the 8:30 service is over before 10:30...........the 10:30 service is over between noon and 1 PM (though I don't think the service itself has actually gone to 1 PM..........I think it's the talking to ppl and stuff that took up that time).

Sunday school for kids 6th grade and under takes place during the sermon of both services..........then the youth groups (7th / 8th and 9th - collegian) meet other times..........my group (9th - collegian) meets Sunday nights from 5-9ish....or 6 to 9ish.,,,,from 5 to 6 there is a "guys" meeting and a "girls" meeting, then at 6 (or so) the whole group comes together until 9 (or so) but there have been times I've been 10:30 getting out of there (we tend to hang out in the church talking long after youth group is over which is between 8:45 and 9:30)...........the 7th and 8th graders are Wed night.

Anyway what is the schedule like at your church?

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Manda
Someone's favorite

Post by Manda »

Sunday morning: 10:00 and 11:00 (two different messages)
Sunday evening: 6:00
Wednesday evening: 7:00
Christian Cowgirl
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Christian Cowgirl »

10:00, Bible Time
10:30, Worship

I dunno I think that what we call it :p We started this church and I don't even know what we call the services... In two weeks its all going to change though. We have a ministry for campers visting the Louis and Clark lake area.
I never make mistakes. I thought I did once, but I was wrong.
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Sunday morning church service: 10AM
Sunday School: 11AM
Sunday evening service: 7PM
Wednesday prayer meeting: 7PM
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
mr. mellow
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by mr. mellow »

my church starts pretty late

10:45

and it ends at 12:00
Image [img]
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Sunday school is at 10, the main service at 11... I usually only go to the main service. :anxious:

Plus Sunday night, they move the time around... for a while we had a "contemporary" service at 4:30, and "traditional" at 6, but they seem to have given up on that. They moved the service to 5 during the winter, but now it's back to just one service at 6.

Plus Wednesday is at 7 now, I think.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

At college, it's 1030, with lunch and study after the service. At home, we have a service on Saturday at 5pm, 815 and 1045 on Sunday, with Sunday School at 930, and a service at 7pm on Monday, with the Pastor's Bible study immediately following at 8.

-Jonathan
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Post by Rachael Blackgaard »

Sunday School from 9-10, Church from 10-12 (Sunday mornings, at least)
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Starts at 9:30, ends at about 11:30
...I hate marquees.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Our church supposedly starts around 10:30AM, although we don't have a general end time. We finish between 12-12:30PM.
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

our church starts at 11:00 and ends at 12:15 usually. They have a night service that starts at 6:00, but our family doesn't attend that.

We used to be in a church that met in homes. That was very cool; we started at 10:30 and ended at noon. Then we would have a potluck lunch every week. Each family could stay as long as they wanted throughout the afternoon. We played basketball and badmiton, got out the guitars and banjos, or just sat and talked. Once, the last family finally left at around dinner time.

Cheerio
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

Well.....our Church service doesn't start till 10:30 (I think), and Sunday School for all ages is at 9:00 (and again I think). But, we get there at 7:30 (to be truly honest we get there at 7:35-7:40. Us girls! There are three of us girls, and my Dad! You understand!!) to set up the coffee. On Sunday nights it starts at 6:00, and on Wednesday it formally starts at 7:00. But, we go at 6:00 for a class I take, and you can also go for dinner at 5:15 (I think).
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

My grandpa (our pastor) is very strict about starting on time. We start at 10AM, and not a minute later. Too bad he isn't as strict about finishing on time... :roll:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

8:30 service
10:00 Sunday School
11:00 Second Service
6:00 Service/Celebrate Recovery and Cafe

Wednesday
6:00 AWANA
7:00 Jr. High
7:30 - 9:15 High School
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

Evil Chick wrote:My grandpa (our pastor) is very strict about starting on time. We start at 10AM, and not a minute later. Too bad he isn't as strict about finishing on time... :roll:
So....do you have a Grandpa that lives in Germany?
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

AIOfan11 wrote:
Evil Chick wrote:My grandpa (our pastor) is very strict about starting on time. We start at 10AM, and not a minute later. Too bad he isn't as strict about finishing on time... :roll:
Yes, I do. My maternal grandparents are also missionaries in Germany. But all of my other relatives live in the States.
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

Evil Chick wrote:
AIOfan11 wrote:
Yes, I do. My maternal grandparents are also missionaries in Germany. But all of my other relatives live in the States.
That must be really nice.

Okay, back on to topic!
Me
An original

Post by Me »

The first service starts at 8:30 (I think. I go to it so infrequently). The second, along with Sunday School and Youth Group start at 9:30. The third service, the one I go to, starts at 11:00. On Wed, youth group starts at 7:00.
Hope
You like me! You really like me!
You like me! You really like me!

Post by Hope »

sat 5:30 pm service
sunday 8:15 am service
9:30 am sunday school
10:45 am service
monday 7 pm service
8 pm sunday school
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Hope wrote:sat 5:30 pm service
sunday 8:15 am service
9:30 am sunday school
10:45 am service
monday 7 pm service
8 pm sunday school
heh, I take it you didn't read the whole topic?