Introvert or Extrovert?

Well...we know how you all are here...

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

Which are you?

Introvert!
45%
Extrovert!
18%
Some of each!
27%
Depends on the phase of the moon.
9%

Total votes: 22

Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Introvert or Extrovert?

Post by Frank »

In "real life", which are you? Shy and reserved or loud and outgoing? :D Does your web personality match?

As for me, the Frank...it really depends on who I'm with...but I would be categorized as an introvert. I'm so shy it isn't even funny.
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

I'm kinda both. I love being around people, and can get kind loud, but I am totally fine just being home by myself and reading a book for hours as well.
Lucy Pevensie
sn33ky hobbitses
sn33ky hobbitses

Post by Lucy Pevensie »

I dunno... When I'm with my friends, I can be really talkative, but my best friend still calls me shy. I'm usually not shy in the sense that I don't like introducing myself to other people etc or like asking people who I don't know something(Believe me, I can do this stuff), but I can be.
Need a nice signature/avatar set? Take a look at my shop! :)
All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. John 6:37
Lucy is my twin Laura Ingalls = l33t ~*Robin Baggins/Respectahobbit*~
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Introverts aren't ALWAYS quiet. :lol: I'm definitely an introvert but that doesn't mean I don't ever get demonstrative around people I know. :)

The difference between the two is something like this. Extroverts LOVE to meet new people. Introverts are more reserved in that area and may shy away from making acquaintances with people they don't know. Extroverts get their energy from being around PEOPLE. Introverts tend to get drained by being around them. Extroverts feel cooped up if they can't get out and see people. Introverts can remain alone for much longer periods of time and be happy about it. Extroverts tend to talk more in general. Introverts are often told they're quiet.

Those are generalizations... some people are only mildly introverted or extroverted. Both kinds can exhibit the traits of the other, just less often.

Does that make sense to any of you? :)
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Good job, Frank... I've been thinking of starting a topic like this! :D

But, anyway... I was like extremely shy throughout high school. I've always been wild and zany around my friends, but back then around other people, I would like hardly say anything at all. ESPECIALLY to girls! ](*,)

But since then I've sort of adapted to being at least decently sociable. I can at least function now! :D I'm not like extremely comfortable around people I don't really know, but it doesn't really bother me either. I'm still a real weirdo around my friends, though... \:D/
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

Yes...except for half of your list I was introverted, and the other half extroverted. :lol:

Somehow, I don't think the talking to girls thing is a problem for you. At least not here anyway, Top.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

JesusFreak777 wrote: Somehow, I don't think the talking to girls thing is a problem for you. At least not here anyway, Top.
Alas... the Town of Odyssey is a magical place! It doesn't all carry over to the "real world". ;)
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

I know. Unfortunatly.
*wistful sigh*
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

The Top Crusader wrote:
JesusFreak777 wrote: Somehow, I don't think the talking to girls thing is a problem for you. At least not here anyway, Top.
Alas... the Town of Odyssey is a magical place! It doesn't all carry over to the "real world". ;)
Very true. :p I'm always told I'm too quiet. #-o
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Hm, that really depends on everything. If it's something I'm passionate about, I'll talk for hours, sometimes to myself. But on the other hand I have a nice little group of friends, and it takes me a long time to make new friends. It also depends on whether I'm with a bunch of fools or people that are respectable or my friends or classmates, etc.

But I'd say I'm more introverted. That, and with me what you see is what you get. I've been told I'm quite genuine.

Talk about a complicated answer to a simple question.

-Jonathan
Elf of Rivendell
random passerby elf
random passerby elf

Post by Elf of Rivendell »

I seriously don't know. It's probably either a 50/50 tie, or 60E and 40I. And yes, the only place where I'm never shy is here. ;)
sorrowing you must go, and yet you are not without hope

sarai: rice cookerrrr
uz: 'ice coakrrrrr!!
uz: that's like the next gen shad lexoooooorrrrr
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

It depends. When I'm with a few people (mainly my best friends and family), I can talk and talk and talk and get really loud and goofy, and everyone's like "Why can't she shut up?" But, when I'm in a group of people, esp. like my youth group, I am very, very quiet. :-$
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

How do you know if you are a introvert or an extrovert? Is there a web quiz I can take?

I think my sister told me what she was on the phone a couple days ago.......
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Yep. Here is a test.

This is what it said about me:

You're not about to move into a shack in remote Montana all by yourself, but then again, you'd rather do that than be bugged all the time about how you're feeling or what you're thinking about. That's because you're much more of an introvert than an extrovert. What does that mean? Well, we're guessing you usually try to keep a low social profile (it's handy being your own best friend, after all). Chances are you feel like you know enough people, and you don't go out of your way to meet new ones. But that doesn't mean you don't go out and let loose every once in a while, especially if you're in the company of your core group of close friends. A few of those is all anyone really needs anyway, right? And most nights a good book and a glass of wine beats even your nearest and dearest hollow. All well and good, but try testing your limits occasionally and breaking out of your comfortable shell. The results may surprise you.
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Frodo
Classic

Post by Frodo »

Chandler wrote:Introverts aren't ALWAYS quiet. :lol: I'm definitely an introvert but that doesn't mean I don't ever get demonstrative around people I know. :)

The difference between the two is something like this. Extroverts LOVE to meet new people. Introverts are more reserved in that area and may shy away from making acquaintances with people they don't know. Extroverts get their energy from being around PEOPLE. Introverts tend to get drained by being around them. Extroverts feel cooped up if they can't get out and see people. Introverts can remain alone for much longer periods of time and be happy about it. Extroverts tend to talk more in general. Introverts are often told they're quiet.

Those are generalizations... some people are only mildly introverted or extroverted. Both kinds can exhibit the traits of the other, just less often.

Does that make sense to any of you? :)
No I am now confused. According to what you said I am an extrovert, but I think I am a introvert. :-k
Priscilla

<><
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I am usually pretty quiet. I am very shy around people even my family. In fact they always tease me about how quiet I am.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Where's the poll? :protest:

I'm typically more of an introvert, but I've learned to develop some extrovert qualities over the years. :-
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

I am very introverted--that is, until I don Dr. Watson's cloak. :D
Christian Cowgirl
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Christian Cowgirl »

*cough* I can get loud at times *cough*
I never make mistakes. I thought I did once, but I was wrong.
PonysHorses
Found

Post by PonysHorses »

I'm not shy at all when I am with my family and friends, but otherwise, I'm the shyest person you could meet!