Introvert or Extrovert?

Well...we know how you all are here...

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

Which are you?

Introvert!
45%
Extrovert!
18%
Some of each!
27%
Depends on the phase of the moon.
9%

Total votes: 22

MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

Shy and reserved
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

Trent DeWhite wrote:Where's the poll? :protest:

I'm typically more of an introvert, but I've learned to develop some extrovert qualities over the years. :-
Uhh...sorry I didn't put one...can a mod do it? (Cause a poll would be very nice.)

*backs away into her corner again*
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I'm an introvert. I'd rather stay at home with just my family than go out and *shudder* TALK to strangers! I get headaches whenever I have to talk to a lot of people just 'cause I'm tensed up, I guess.

But around my family...(espcially Doc) I am very loud and wacky. :D No one would ever know it though! We kinda chuckle to ourselves when people comment on how quiet we are. If they only knew how we act at home! :-
Manda
Someone's favorite

Post by Manda »

You're not about to move into a shack in remote Montana all by yourself, but then again, you'd rather do that than be bugged all the time about how you're feeling or what you're thinking about. That's because you're much more of an introvert than an extrovert. What does that mean? Well, we're guessing you usually try to keep a low social profile (it's handy being your own best friend, after all). Chances are you feel like you know enough people, and you don't go out of your way to meet new ones. But that doesn't mean you don't go out and let loose every once in a while, especially if you're in the company of your core group of close friends. A few of those is all anyone really needs anyway, right? And most nights a good book and a glass of wine beats even your nearest and dearest hollow. All well and good, but try testing your limits occasionally and breaking out of your comfortable shell. The results may surprise you.
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

It depends on the moon. Weretrovert! :D

...mostly intro.
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

I'm an introvert, and my brother is an extrovert. We're exactly opposite.. :noway:
...I hate marquees.
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

J-man wrote:I'm an introvert, and my brother is an extrovert. We're exactly opposite.. :noway:
In everything except gender?
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Yeah.. =;
...I hate marquees.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

It totally depends on who I'm with, which makes me more of an introvert, I guess. When I'm with a couple of good friends, I can be pretty crazy, but in larger groups with people I don't really feel comfortable with make me much quieter. I'm definitely much louder with my "Catspaw" online identity than in real life. I would never say some of the things I say here (ex. Top fan club stuff) to anybody in real life! :oops: It's fun being weird without worrying about what people will think! ;)

When I was younger, I was really quiet, and there are still some people who probably think that I never say anything to anybody. When people make comments like that, it's a sure sign that they don't know me at all!
Manda
Someone's favorite

Post by Manda »

Catspaw wrote:It totally depends on who I'm with, which makes me more of an introvert, I guess. When I'm with a couple of good friends, I can be pretty crazy, but in larger groups with people I don't really feel comfortable with make me much quieter. I'm definitely much louder with my "Catspaw" online identity than in real life. I would never say some of the things I say here (ex. Top fan club stuff) to anybody in real life! :oops: It's fun being weird without worrying about what people will think! ;)

When I was younger, I was really quiet, and there are still some people who probably think that I never say anything to anybody. When people make comments like that, it's a sure sign that they don't know me at all!
:: Wonders what she would be like around her darling Top ::
EugeneFan
OK

Post by EugeneFan »

I am definately an introvert, like most people who have voted so far. At any kind of gathering, I can be so quiet that others will hardly notice I am there.
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Post by Rachael Blackgaard »

I'm an introvert, although I'm much more outgoing now than I was five years ago. I used to be able to carry on intelligent conversations with adults and small children, but I was lost when it came to chatting with my peers. I'm much better at communicating with people my age than with adults, now, though. I'm much more confident in myself when I imagine myself as a character in a story I'm writing. If I tell myself I'm a Jedi knight or a secret agent, I can talk more comfortably than if I tell myself I'm a shy, unattractive teenager. I know I'm not really any of those, but it helps just the same.

I've been going through this weird 'phase' the last year or so. When I was younger I was a lot more responsible-- I had a part-time job as a nanny when I was twelve years old! I was tall and well developed, so people thought I must be sixteen or seventeen. Now I'm sixteen, and instead of getting more patient with children I've gotten less patient, to the point where I can barely stand to babysit. I'm going through my teenage years in backwards order; At thirteen I had a job and commitments, at sixteen I'm discovering mascara, spending my hard-earned cash on stylish teen clothes, and rolling my eyes and saying 'Duh,' and 'What-EVER!' when things don't go my way. I'm also way more outgoing than I ever was at thirteen. I speak my mind more than I probably should, and I'm starting to think that I don't want to get married after all if my husbands going to have as many weird quirks as my mom! But I digress...
Frodo
Classic

Post by Frodo »

Rachel that was great! =D>
Priscilla

<><
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Post by Rachael Blackgaard »

What was? I was just kind of rambling...
Frodo
Classic

Post by Frodo »

well I liked it. :anxious:
Priscilla

<><
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

Laura Ingalls wrote:But around my family...(espcially Doc) I am very loud and wacky.
Believe her ladies and gentleman, she telleth the truth. :anxious:
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Monday wrote:
Catspaw wrote:It totally depends on who I'm with, which makes me more of an introvert, I guess. When I'm with a couple of good friends, I can be pretty crazy, but in larger groups with people I don't really feel comfortable with make me much quieter. I'm definitely much louder with my "Catspaw" online identity than in real life. I would never say some of the things I say here (ex. Top fan club stuff) to anybody in real life! :oops: It's fun being weird without worrying about what people will think! ;)

We would both sit there twiddling our thumbs, refusing to make eye contact.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

The Top Crusader wrote:
Monday wrote:

We would both sit there twiddling our thumbs, refusing to make eye contact.
That is so true! A few words of awkward conversation, wondering how to politely exit the situation, then wishing that I was at home reading a Christian ficiton novel or hanging out with my best friend...
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Trent DeWhite wrote:I'm typically more of an introvert, but I've learned to develop some extrovert qualities over the years. :-
No one said that introverts can't learn! :noway:
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

The Top Crusader wrote:We would both sit there twiddling our thumbs, refusing to make eye contact.
Catspaw wrote:That is so true! A few words of awkward conversation, wondering how to politely exit the situation, then wishing that I was at home reading a Christian ficiton novel or hanging out with my best friend...
One reason that I'd rather not meet you guys in person. I don't know what you think of me now O:) but I'm sure you'd find me even duller in person. :-#