Dating

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
beka8910
Catspaw Rocks!

Dating

Post by beka8910 »

My parents say I'm not aloud to date until I'm 16(not a big deal for me) but some of my friends think its stupid. I was just wondering if anyone else had a certain age they had to be before they could date.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I think I wasn't allowed to until 16... I don't know, I didn't until I was 18, anyway... \:D/
dancer02248
I've been working out

Post by dancer02248 »

well, my paretns say i can't date untill i'm 16, but i'm waiting untill i get out of High School

i hate when people act like that's so wierd
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

I suppose maybe there can be exceptions. In general I really don't think it's "proper" for kids younger than that to date, anyway. But, I'm hardly a father-figure, nor do I know from experience, so... I'll leave that up to others to decide. :-k
beka8910
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by beka8910 »

I know what you mean. I hate it when people that are my friends ask me out and then get mad at me when I say i dont date until I'm atleast 16. They think im odd or something.[/i]
mr. mellow
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by mr. mellow »

dont think my parents care.
Image [img]
beka8910
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by beka8910 »

Yeah, if my parents sisnt care I still dont think I would date. It just doesnt seem right.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Woah. :o

I saw the thread entitled, "Dating." For some reason, the topic below immediately caught my eye. "Stupid things."

:headscratch:

Nothing personal against those who presently date. :anxious:
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
skeeter
Lurker

Post by skeeter »

I dont think I'm nice anough to date. :-k all thought I try. what would I know anyway. I'm only a tattler writer
Last edited by skeeter on Tue May 10, 2005 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

It really depends on how you look at it. If you're like me, then dating is a way for us to look for our future spouse. I don't think it's great for kids under 16 to date. Even people who are "just having fun" are still getting emotionally involved in something that probably won't last. I know that for me, as a girl, I am more likely to get emotionaly attached to my b/f than he is to me. (I am not making any statements against guys here, just to clarify) If/when I break up with him he will, wheter he realizes it or not, take a piece of my heart with him that I will never get back again; a piece that should belong to my husband.

I personally have never dated anyone (never been asked), and I really stuggled with that the last two years. Then I got to thinking about it. What if, instead of feeling lonely and sorry for myself all the time, I instead take the time that would normally go to my boyfriend, and spend it with God? Kinda like I'm dating God until he places a guy into my life. It's totally awesome.

The other thing I've done is since I turned 16, every night before I go to sleep, I pray for my husband, whoever he is, that God would keep him safe, and that we will save ourselved for eachother. Also that God would guard/keep my heart until I am ready to be married and that He would only give it back so to speak when I meet the man who will be my husband. That doesn't mean I don't have feelings or crushes etc, it's just that I've put God in control of my emotions and relaionships with guys in that way.

I hope I didn't sound harsh or anything. I probably came off stricter than I am. It's hard to explain it in writing. Oh well, you all know what I mean.

EDIT: I just realized I never really answered the question. I had to be 16 in order to date someone. (Parents) Mine is more like out of high school (mine)
Last edited by JesusFreak777 on Tue May 10, 2005 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

I think my parents would've set and age if I cared. But I don't care. :noway:

I'm happy to be single right now and I'm NOT LOOKING!
:x
*glares at Top*
mr. mellow
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by mr. mellow »

*glares at top too* :noway:
Image [img]
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

lol mellow, somehow it just doesn't have the same effect.
Jessicado
Love to love

Post by Jessicado »

I wasn't supposed to date before I was 16; however, I got a boyfriend at age 15 and my parents didn't care as long as we didn't go out on a "date". We could still hang out alone together though.... :-s I don't quite get their logic.....
Manda
Someone's favorite

Post by Manda »

The topic has never really come up, nobody is interested, and all of the guys that I would ever date, would wait until they were of age. My mother has stated that she wouldn't care if I got married at 18. So I have no idea.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

I WILL NEVER!!!!!!!!!!! :insane:
mr. mellow
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by mr. mellow »

yes thats what they all say Dan.... but all of sudden I dont know what happens but you start to nottice Girls a way you've never known to see them before.
Image [img]
Jessicado
Love to love

Post by Jessicado »

That's cuz we're so cute and cuddly...... :D
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

DanP740 wrote:I WILL NEVER!!!!!!!!!!! :insane:
You say that now, but once you get tired of cooking and cleaning on your own...
Bmuntz
Former Mayor

Post by Bmuntz »

The topic hasn't really come up with me and my parents so I just asked my dad. He said when I could afford it I could. And looking at my wallet...its going to be a while.