Dating

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

that's what my coffee shop was started for, but no one has picked up on that fact yet.
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Post by Eugene Blackgaard »

*Is suddenly inspired to visit the Coffee Shop.*
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

jessicado wrote:(Chandler--I love your avatar!!!!!!!!)
I'll give it to you FREE when I'm done! :D
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Dating has never been an issue for me because I've never really wanted to, and I've never really been asked. There's nothing that I wish to discuss on a board where my brother will probably read stuff, anyway. :anxious: My parents probably would have had guidelines if they were necessary, but so far, they haven't been.

I'm 19, and I've never been on a date. I know people who find that odd. During an Adolescent Development class (at my Bible college, where I recently finished my second year at) we were having small group discussions about teens and dating, and when two of us said that we had never dated, one other group member was like, "Were you guys homeschooled or something?" We both spent 13 years in the public school system! :roll: Some people just can't comprehend the idea of not dating before you're old enough to make responsible choices, not to mention waiting even longer!
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

mellow wrote:thankgoodness we dont have that here. you can just debate about it at the TH. why do it here?
Exactly, there is certainly a place for debates (or "discussions" as EB would like to put it ;)), but the Town of Odyssey is not the place for it. I created this board with the intentions of creating an environment that would be lighthearted and fun. Debates have their place, but I believe it would change the original vision I had for this place... and the Town Hall is certainly a fine place to continue debating.

For the record, I believe my sister wasn't allowed to date until she was 16, though I don't think there was any restrictions placed on the rest of us. Not because we were allowed, but because none of us really pursued it so it was never something my parents had to stop us from doing.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Monday wrote:My "dates" would be a far cry from what many teens do now. More of a courtship. Going to an icecream shop for a cone or something.
I had a relationship like that once. And I learned that if you are truly seeking God's will concerning whom you should marry, he'll make it clear if the person in question isn't right or is.

And to clear the air around my brother's name (since I'm sure some of you are wondering about him) he's matured greatly since that incident.

-Jonathan
MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

i am 16 and i still havent dated
mr. mellow
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by mr. mellow »

Shadowpaw wrote:
For the record, I believe my sister wasn't allowed to date until she was 16, though I don't think there was any restrictions placed on the rest of us. Not because we were allowed, but because none of us really pursued it so it was never something my parents had to stop us from doing.
haveyou ever dated shadowpaw? or seeing someone now?
Image [img]
Christian Cowgirl
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Christian Cowgirl »

mdb17 wrote:i am 16 and i still havent dated
I'm 17 and I still havn't dated! :D I plan on dating after I'm married \:D/
I never make mistakes. I thought I did once, but I was wrong.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Christian Cowgirl wrote:
I'm 17 and I still haven't dated! :D I plan on dating after I'm married \:D/
Huzzah! Same here. Although I don't know if you'd want to be dating another person after you've already married. ;)
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

Trent DeWhite wrote:
Christian Cowgirl wrote:
I'm 17 and I still haven't dated! :D I plan on dating after I'm married \:D/
Huzzah! Same here. Although I don't know if you'd want to be dating another person after you've already married. ;)
Maybe she meant she won't date until she's absoluely ready for marriage. (Which is what I plan on doing.)

It's really hard though...in CA everyone dates and it's awful. Our community center had a sixth-grade dance a few weeks ago. It's going to a younger and younger age! AAAAAhhh! (I have a bunch of little friends who "like" their little school buddies. It's kinda cute...but is the start of a downhill slope.)

That's prolly why my youth group is always talking about the issue of dating.
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

My parents never really gave me an age when I could start dating. Mostly, probably, because there were never any datable guys around here. We only have like 3 single guys at our church (two of them are over 10 years older than I am), and I don't know any other single Christian guys.
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

I'm going to be thirteen tomorrow and thankfully I have never dated! \:D/

My parents won't let me until I'm 18.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Frank wrote:It's really hard though...in CA everyone dates and it's awful. Our community center had a sixth-grade dance a few weeks ago. It's going to a younger and younger age! AAAAAhhh! (I have a bunch of little friends who "like" their little school buddies. It's kinda cute...but is the start of a downhill slope.)
Indeed, I find it rather scary seeing such young kids 'dating,' even if they don't call it that. What makes it worse is when parents encourage kids to get a boyfriend or girlfriend. #-o
mellow wrote:have you ever dated shadowpaw?
I don't think anyone here has ever dated Shadowpaw. :anxious:
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

Trent DeWhite wrote:
mellow wrote:have you ever dated shadowpaw?
I don't think anyone here has ever dated Shadowpaw. :anxious:
Thats scary :-s :anxious:

Has anybody ever dated somebody else on this board? or wanted to?
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

aww poor shadowpaw. But we all love him anyway. Hey actaully that's good. He'll fit right in with the rest of us. Coolness.
Manda
Someone's favorite

Post by Manda »

JesusFreak777 wrote:aww poor shadowpaw. But we all love him anyway. Hey actaully that's good. He'll fit right in with the rest of us. Coolness.
Poor Shadowpaw because he hasn't dated a member of ToO? Isn't that a blessing? :-s
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Monday wrote:
JesusFreak777 wrote:aww poor shadowpaw. But we all love him anyway. Hey actaully that's good. He'll fit right in with the rest of us. Coolness.
Poor Shadowpaw because he hasn't dated a member of ToO? Isn't that a blessing? :-s
Depends on who the member of the ToO is... ;)
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

no that was to Trents post
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

Evil Chick wrote:
Monday wrote:
Depends on who the member of the ToO is... ;)

:o