Hidden people

Why do it?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Shadowpaw
Town Founder
It’s my birthday

Post by Shadowpaw »

I try and remain as visible as possible whenever I'm online, if only because if there is something you guys (and gals) need addressed, you can see I'm on and hopefully PM me before I vanish :).

This leads to quite a large number of PM's being received but I don't really mind ;)... I've always thought (as I did at the Town Hall) that it's nice for the administration to be accessible to you whenever you need something. Being visible let's you know we are here and able to address any immediate concerns you may have!
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Trent DeWhite wrote:
Chandler wrote:
Trent DeWhite wrote:I believe we're getting a bit off topic, Chandler. :shame:
:neener:
:slap:

I think I'm going to stay hidden for a while. That way certain people won't be able to make rude faces at me. :noway: At least, not directly at me. :anxious:
I'm sorry that people have been mean to you. :hug:
:shame: No more bothering Trent, you hear?
Manda
Someone's favorite

Post by Manda »

I don't know why, I just feel a sense of security. Nobody can see me, but I can see many people. I am a lurker. :anxious:
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Back when I was overly paranoid (way back on the TH) about security I was hidden, but I really don't care if people know I'm online anymore.
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Post by Eugene Blackgaard »

Shadowpaw wrote:I try and remain as visible as possible whenever I'm online, if only because if there is something you guys (and gals) need addressed, you can see I'm on and hopefully PM me before I vanish :).

This leads to quite a large number of PM's being received but I don't really mind ;)... I've always thought (as I did at the Town Hall) that it's nice for the administration to be accessible to you whenever you need something. Being visible let's you know we are here and able to address any immediate concerns you may have!
Exactly why after being elected I switched to beeing visible. And now I'm getting PM's for help, which I enjoy because I like helping people! :)

I believe I have two unanswered PMs right now, but fear not! They shall be answered soon! ;)
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Visible I am. As a law enforcer, I probably should keep my online status visible for the benefit of the good citizens. O:)
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I am usually visible, for the reasons Shadowpaw and EB mentioned... even before being in office, since I'm well known-ish, I like to make myself accessible.

I will occasionally cloak myself though, if I'm busy or getting a particularly huge amount of PMs at one particular time. :-$

*glares at the person who spammed him dozens of times last time he mentioned getting lots of PMs*
mr. mellow
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by mr. mellow »

I'm sorry The Top Crusader I just wanted to know what you thought was the best thing about cheese. \:D/
Image [img]
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

mellow wrote:I'm sorry The Top Crusader I just wanted to know what you thought was the best thing about cheese. \:D/
It wasn't you, Mellow! \:D/
mr. mellow
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by mr. mellow »

I know I'm just being stupid \:D/
Image [img]
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

The Top Crusader wrote:*glares at the person who spammed him dozens of times last time he mentioned getting lots of PMs*
*joins Top in glaring at this exceptionally rude person*
:x :shame:
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

I am not hidden, just because I am a forthright type of fellow and have no need of hiding myself. Especially now, since I'm a moderator, I want people to know that there is lawman patrolling his beat and watching their every move to make sure they stay in line!.

As for the other people who are hidden to avoid PMs, if I had to ask you a question or talk or something, I would PM anyway, whether I saw you online or not. So your logic is flawed. ;)
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Same here. :-
...I hate marquees.