Internet Dating

We gotta have this too!

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Andrea Meltsner
I've been working out

Internet Dating

Post by Andrea Meltsner »

Hey since we are talking about daiting I thought we should talk about Interenet daiting too.
Doctor Who is Awesome

I couldn't stay away

Nerdfighter for Life!
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

As in long distance dating over the internet . . . or actually hooking up with someone for the first time via the internet? I certainly don't approve with the latter. :noway:
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Andrea Meltsner
I've been working out

Trent DeWhite wrote:As in long distance dating over the internet . . . or actually hooking up with someone for the first time via the internet? I certainly don't approve with the latter. :noway:
the former not the latter.
Doctor Who is Awesome

I couldn't stay away

Nerdfighter for Life!
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

Well...I don't have much to say, but no. I wouldn't ever do it. I really don't no why though! ](*,)
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

According to an undisclosed source (to borrow gimps phrase) there have been several people who have actually met online at various odyssey related sites, and continued their relationship outside said site.
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

My aunt and uncle met over the internet and got married after corresponding for a few months. It's kinda sweet. (But I personally wouldn't take that route.) :D
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

Trent DeWhite wrote:
AndreaMeltsner wrote:
Trent DeWhite wrote:As in long distance dating over the internet . . . or actually hooking up with someone for the first time via the internet? I certainly don't approve with the latter. :noway:
Well, first you have to deal with the whole issue of whether dating is right or not. Then you have to consider the circumstances between the two who are dating or courting. In the end, while I think long distance dating can work, I don't think it's how God intended relationships to develop. :noway:
Good point!
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

AndreaMeltsner wrote:
Well, first you have to deal with the whole issue of whether dating is right or not. Then you have to consider the circumstances between the two who are dating or courting. In the end, while I think long distance dating can work, I don't think it's how God intended relationships to develop. :noway:
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

I probably wouldn't, unless it was somebody that I'd known for a long time. Like I would date someone at the ToO in like 10 years.......b/c I would have known them for SO long. But probably not somebody I had just met.
mr. mellow
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by mr. mellow »

dont see a problem with it. just so long as you are responcable. the net is a good way to get to know people that you would never meet before.
Image [img]
Andrea Meltsner
I've been working out

Simbelmyne34 wrote:I probably wouldn't, unless it was somebody that I'd known for a long time. Like I would date someone at the ToO in like 10 years.......b/c I would have known them for SO long. But probably not somebody I had just met.
are you serious! :shock:

well I guess I may have thought abuot that too. :oops:
Doctor Who is Awesome

I couldn't stay away

Nerdfighter for Life!
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

AndreaMeltsner wrote:
Simbelmyne34 wrote:I probably wouldn't, unless it was somebody that I'd known for a long time. Like I would date someone at the ToO in like 10 years.......b/c I would have known them for SO long. But probably not somebody I had just met.
are you serious! :shock:

well I guess I may have thought abuot that too. :oops:

maybe
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Well, it's obviously not ideal, but I don't find the concept to be morally reprehensible. I've known a few folks who have had great relationships that originally developed on the internet.
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

The Top Crusader wrote:Well, it's obviously not ideal, but I don't find the concept to be morally reprehensible. I've known a few folks who have had great relationships that originally developed on the internet.
yes, but most people don't.
Elf of Rivendell
random passerby elf
random passerby elf

Post by Elf of Rivendell »

Although I know of a certain case in which it succeeded, I also know of a case in which it alienated both parties from each other. The Internet isn't supposed to be a means to strive for marriage with in the first place.
sorrowing you must go, and yet you are not without hope

sarai: rice cookerrrr
uz: 'ice coakrrrrr!!
uz: that's like the next gen shad lexoooooorrrrr
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Post by Eugene Blackgaard »

Right. And I've talked a lot about this subject on other boards, but to some it up: We don't need to be out there searching for a signifigant other. That usually ends up with temporary happiness, then heartbreak and the urge to continue the search, leading to more heartbreak. Rather, we must abide in Christ, and he will bring us and out future spouses together.

What did God do to Adam while he was making Eve? He made him rest. Adam wasn't out searching for Eve, dating the Hippos and the Monkeys in the meantime. He was resting. Likewise, if we wait on the Lord, rest in him, our future loves will be revealed to us in God's good timing. :)
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Eugene Blackgaard wrote:What did God do to Adam while he was making Eve? He made him rest. Adam wasn't out searching for Eve, dating the Hippos and the Monkeys in the meantime. He was resting. Likewise, if we wait on the Lord, rest in him, our future loves will be revealed to us in God's good timing. :)
That reminds me of a cartoon I saw . . .

Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Post by Eugene Blackgaard »

Thank you Trent, for killing the discussion. ;)
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Eugene Blackgaard wrote:Thank you Trent, for killing the discussion. ;)
Thank you, EB, for bumping the thread. :boohoo:
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

Well, we all know it seems to be working out well between Hawkeye and uhm.......someone whom I think 99.9999999% of us know her name, but I don't think I'm suppose to share it.

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.