My Friends...

...I now must leave

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

My Friends...

Post by Jonathan »

My friends at the TH and ToO. This post is the result of a choice I've struggled to make. While the choice I've made isn't the happiest option, I feel like I don't have much of a choice.

Earlier today, I took my last final, officially ending my freshman year in college. My room's packed, I'm ready to go. Unfortunately, while at home this summer, I will be unable to continue my activity on these forums.

This is the result of the combination of several reasons. One or two of these, and I could remain. But I can't. This summer, my life will revolve around several things: 1. Church 2. Family 3. Jobs, possible more than one 4. CardClub (my best friends on earth) and 5. The movie projects we have planned. In between these five, I'll be left with very little free time to be online. Add to that bad bandwidth and a dial-up connection, I'll also be short of patience.

So, to keep my priorities straight (and to be sure I'll be able to get up for work) I'll be leaving the online world. The exceptions will be the occaisional email check, the two reviews coming up (which I will post on aiohq) and if anything happens concerning my health problems (which some of you know of; if anything happens, I shall be on here asking for prayer-and I'm asking now too).

Believe me, this is not the most desirable option I have or could have chose. But it's the most pratical. Tommorow shall be my last post here until August (20ish?)

I'll miss you all terribly til then. You've made my stay in the AIO online community pleasent and memorable. And for that, I thank you.

'Til August,

-Jonathan
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

:mecry:

I'm sorry to see you go, Jonathan. Have a great summer, be productive, have fun, and go get a tan or something. See you later. :anxious:

:: throws a party in honor of Jonathan ::

:party:
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Sunday
Popsicle kid

Post by Sunday »

We won't sell your ToO house...you'll always have a place in this town! :hug:
skeeter
Lurker

Post by skeeter »

well so long I dought everyone will stick around here this summer. I now I'm not! I'm going to go to beaches and camps and have a ducky time!
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Post by Eugene Blackgaard »

Jon, you were the greatest, most loyal, bravest, truest, most awesome person ever! You inspire and astound us all with your greatness! And I mean it too, old buddy. ;)

While I will miss you, you have perfectly good reasons for leaving. I KNOW the Lord is going to use you this summer, so "abide in Christ" my friend, he shall not steer you wrong. :)

Farewell, my brother in Christ! Until August, keep in touch with the occasional e-mail, wont you?

And with that, I bid one of the TH's greatest vetrans, one of the TOO's greatest citizens, and just a generally great man in general: Adieu.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I wish you didn't have to go, Jonathan! I'm glad that you're mature enough to make the choice that will allow you an awesome and fun and financially rewarding summer, even if it's one that leaves out your ToO and TH friends. We'll be waiting to see you in August! \:D/

*starts sobbing uncontrollably* :hug: I didn't want to use this dreadfully sappy icon, but I guess I have to in this situation! Maybe Hope could give us a few updates on your summer, if she has time? :-k
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Farewell, brave Jonathan! It's been absolutely great to have you here, and I know all of us will eagerly await your triumphant return! God bless, good sir!
Jessicado
Love to love

Post by Jessicado »

While I will miss your posts, I completely understand where you are coming from! Perhaps I'll bump into you this summer in MN! \:D/ Have lots of fun this summer--avoid the mosquitos and the humidity! :D
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

:mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
It's so awful to see you leaving. :( You've been such a joy to have around here. We'll feel like a part of us is missing until you return.

God bless you in all your steps! :hug:
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

God Bless Jonathan, you will be missed! But we look forward to August ;). =D> =D> =D>

Thanks for all your help in establishing the Town of Odyssey!
David O
I'm memorable

Post by David O »

Johnathan,
I have definitely gotten to understand you better over the last couple months, and it has been a sweet epiphany! I will miss your witty and humorous and generally awesome writings here this summer. I look forward to seeing you again next fall, when I will be in college as well.

Go with God. I pray He uses you.

Soli Deo Gloria,

David O
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

Goodbye Jonathan. You were a good friend. Oh, wise sage of wit and wisdom, I will thinketh of you until the day that you returneth. Think of all of us here as fond memories that you will treasure forever.

So long, farwell, aufwhedersain adeiu. (woh...horribly mangled spelling. :D )
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

Jon,
It was wonderful getting to know you in this short period of time. You will definately be in my prayers. I hope that all goes well for you and am eagerly waiting your return in August. Have a wonderful summer.

JF aka the other Sarah
Me
An original

Post by Me »

I'll miss you. I hope you have a great summer, and I can't wait until you come back.
Alleycat
insert dash here

Post by Alleycat »

:( 'bye, I've been here not long but I'll miss you, for one.
And each light that we've extinguished has brought darkness to our Land...
Upon our Nation have mercy Lord!
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

Thanks for letting us know Jonathon. I really sorry that you cannot stay on the board's this summer. We will miss you! :-#
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I am sorry to see you go, you will be missed. See you in August.
Frodo
Classic

Post by Frodo »

Waaaaaaaaa!!!!!!! :cry: We will miss you. :hug: :mecry:

Looking forward to seeing you again in Aug.
Priscilla

<><
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

Bye Johnathon. See ya in August.

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Manda
Someone's favorite

Post by Manda »

Goodbye, Jonathan, God bless you and keep you safe. :hug: