Rooms

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Manda
Someone's favorite

Post by Manda »

I have my own room, and most of the time it stays nice and neat, but sometimes (Sunday mornings most of all) I can't find anything to wear! So there will be clothes on the bed, the floor, the chair. :roll: I clean them up as soon as I can though, of course.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

The Top Crusader wrote:My floor makes an awesome closet!
:hilarious:
Trent DeWhite wrote:Up to six (or is it seven now?) years ago, I'd always shared a room with my sister. Now I can proudly say I have my own room. But it still manages to get messy quite often. :headscratch:
I used to share a room as well. It really didn't matter either way because we were messy together and messy apart. We both have those days we devote to cleaning our entire rooms only to have them degenerate again over time. :-$
Dr. Watson wrote:I have trouble keeping my room clean, too. I just don't put stuff away when I'm done with. Therefore, books, papers, and misc junk just piles up until I force myself to clean it!
That's the same reason my room gets messy... I often don't put stuff away when I'm done. That's probably why most people's rooms get messy. I've been making more of an effort to put things away since I recently cleaned my room.
mr. mellow
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by mr. mellow »

when I was younger I hade 3 of my sibblings in the same room. my sister and the secend oldest. and then my oldest bro got his own room. then we moved and I was sharing a room with my sister and ferder then my oldest bro moved out so the secend oldest moved down to his room and then my sis moved in to his room. so now its just me and ferder now. which is pretty cool cause we get to talk at night.
Image [img]
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

I'm an only child.....so I've always had a room to myself!
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

weve always had four rooms in our house one for my sister then one for my parents then one for me and one for my brother.
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

Eugene Kendall wrote:weve always had four rooms in our house one for my sister then one for my parents then one for me and one for my brother.
I say: Tooo many bedrooms. Don't you ever have guests?

I share a room with my darling sister. We like it.

People should post pictures of their messy rooms. :D
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

Frank wrote: People should post pictures of their messy rooms. :D
Yes....they should!
Agent DeWhite
Tallying up

Post by Agent DeWhite »

Likewise, I'm proud to say I have my own room. Those late night chats with siblings when we shared a room were very nice, but my younger sibling has a muscle mouth: "blah, blah, blah, blah, blah" I didn't mind it too much, but it's nice to have the privacy of my own room!
What do you do when your nose goes on strike?
Bmuntz
Former Mayor

Post by Bmuntz »

I have always had my own room. I like it very much like that and would hate to have to share. My room isn't very big but it's a nice size.
Frodo
Classic

Post by Frodo »

I like sharing my bedroom. I and my sis get to talk a lot. :D
Priscilla

<><
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I used to share a room with my older sister, but when we moved we got an extra room so now we all have our own. Fortunately, I still have 2 beds in my room, so my sister comes to visit me sometimes! =D> We usually talk for a long time until we have to force ourselves to go to sleep! :-#
Alleycat
insert dash here

Post by Alleycat »

We, my sis and I, send way to much of in-bed time talking! we have bunkbeds.
And each light that we've extinguished has brought darkness to our Land...
Upon our Nation have mercy Lord!
Linne
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Linne »

Well, I share with my sis, but we don't really talk all night...we both do our own little things until we fall asleep. (We both listen to AIO though.) :D

Since we're talking about rooms, I'll bring up an interesting question....Has anyone here designed their room?
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Do you mean like choosing the carpet/paint/wall paper and colors and stuff like that?
If that's what you mean I'd have to say no. That's because I like my room the way it is. My mom's suggested I get new wall paper but I've told her I like it the way it is. :noway:
If you mean moving around furniture or other smaller decorations I've done plenty of that. :anxious:
Me
An original

Post by Me »

I designed mine. I chose the color of the walls, etc, how it was layed out, and designed my own desk, which we built.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I didn't choose the carpet of my room - all over the house is the same. I did choose what paint, but it had to be light enough. And then I arranged the furniture the way I wanted.
Linne
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Linne »

I designed mine. When my brothers, and my sister and me traded rooms, I got to choose the colors, the way the furniture was arranged. And I deisigned the curtains in my room. CUSTOM made, alright! :D
Sarah
Someone's favorite

Post by Sarah »

I've never had a room of my own... Usually I have shared it with either my older sister, or my younger brother (only for a couple of months while we moved into our new house).

We have enough room for me to move out of my current room, and into my own, but our parents won't let us until we do a clean-sweep cleaning in our room. I don't know why... they act like the clutter is going to double, rather than split down the middle.

Sarah
Me
An original

Post by Me »

It's rather surprising how fast it expands to fill the space. Now that I have a room to myself, it is actually more full of random junk (and armchairs, computers, etc) than it was when I had to share it. Stuff piles up.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

I shared a room with my younger sister for 13 years! AHHHH! We are so close...we are like twins we know each other so well, but sometimes we just needed to get away from each other! Having a tiny shared bedroom did not help! We literally hung a bed sheet from the ceiling in the last few months before we moved because we'd HAD IT! We now have our own bedrooms, 4 feet away from each other.
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz