Accident prone?

Are you accident prone?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Frodo
Classic

Post by Frodo »

I break things and spill things but that's all. :D
Priscilla

<><
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

*dark secret* I was so accident prone growing up that I needed to wear a helmet around the house for a couple of years :(. I would run into walls, fall down stairs, bang my head on everything imaginable, and would walk around the house with a new bruise or fresh cut every other day. It didn't exactly bode well for my parents when they were constantly bringing me to the doctor to show off another fresh injury. Fortunately I grew out of that phase and wasn't taken away from my family! ;).
Alleycat
insert dash here

Post by Alleycat »

I don't have many acccidents....Once I cut my head abouve my eye, and once my chin open, but, apart from that.... :D
I am constantly turning my ankle as well....
And each light that we've extinguished has brought darkness to our Land...
Upon our Nation have mercy Lord!
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

Shadowpaw wrote:*dark secret* I was so accident prone growing up that I needed to wear a helmet around the house for a couple of years :(. I would run into walls, fall down stairs, bang my head on everything imaginable, and would walk around the house with a new bruise or fresh cut every other day. It didn't exactly bode well for my parents when they were constantly bringing me to the doctor to show off another fresh injury. Fortunately I grew out of that phase and wasn't taken away from my family! ;).
I think my mom considered making me wear a helmet around the house.........although that would do nothing for cuts, bruises, sprains, and broken bones below my head ;)

I don't think I "ran" into walls.........but I definately walked into enough of them (and doors).........also fell down stairs a few times.

Though I think there are two things........1) I appear to be growing out of it as my accidents are hospital-vist-worthy as often (note: I still get my share of boo-boos......but not ones that make me have to rush to the ER)...2) There may have been a logical explanation for why I was / still am so accident prone........but until I know that it IS the reason, I won't share it.

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Alleycat
insert dash here

Post by Alleycat »

I crash sideways into dor frames and walls, my classes are broken, and both arms soldered, and one sticky-taped.
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

I shut my hands in doors a surprising amount, never broken a bone though. I do have a 2-3 inch long cut scar on my head (right down the center...) from tripping into a square column at church, though...
8 stitches, for the record. My response was something like "o__o my head's bleeding, cool. I wonder if it'll leave a scar."
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
gimp80995

Post by gimp80995 »

Sonuna Hydris wrote:I shut my hands in doors a surprising amount, never broken a bone though. I do have a 2-3 inch long cut scar on my head (right down the center...) from tripping into a square column at church, though...
8 stitches, for the record. My response was something like "o__o my head's bleeding, cool. I wonder if it'll leave a scar."
That sounds like my response when I was 9 or so.........I believe I was 9 and cut my ankel (to the bone for the record) on a piece of sheet metal in our yard..........I looked down at my bare foot (it was summer) saw blood gushing out (cut several veins) and very calmly called for my mom in the house "Mooooooooooooom, I'm bleeeeeeeeding do we have an ace bandage in the house?" She brought out a small band-aid......I looked at her and cracked up when I said "that ain't gonna work" then pointed to my ankel............she freaked out (which made me crack up all the more). I found the whole thing halarious (even though I did realize the potential risks.........ie bleeding to death if my mom didn't calm down and get the proper bandage applied quickly, or infection just to name a couple of things)

I don't recall any accidents that I freaked out over........blood, broken bones........even in accidents on my bike when I knew upon hitting the ground I was hurt bad..........since I knew I was hurt bad, I also knew just to lay still until somebody came along and could call an ambulence.......never really freaked out (though did get bored outta my mind when such would happen on country roads where it could be an hour or more before another vehicle passed and I had to just lay their calmly not moving).

I generally have the same mind-set upong arriving at accident scenes. I've got enough training to provide advanced first aid and basic life suport in such cases, so I will usually stop if I see an accident...........though when I was much younger I laugh now cuz I'd be all calm and professional doing what I knew had to be done and going through all the correct procedures like it was an everyday occurence for me.............but once the ambulence showed up and I could back off, THEN I would get a bit panicy fully realizing what had occured..........but that effect has since then worn off quite a bit.

Peace Out

-Gimp

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Alleycat
insert dash here

Post by Alleycat »

Whoa! That's what call accident prone gimp!
gimp80995

Post by gimp80995 »

Who? Me? Accident prone? What makes you say something like that?

Note: nearly had another one doing my chores.........I was vaccuming and had my music on loud enough to hear over the vaccume..........got a bit carried away with the music and nearly put an elbow-sizeed hole in the TV screen.........that wouldda been bad...........really bad.

Peace Out

-Gimp

chexfan2000
Gold Member

Post by chexfan2000 »

I used to be insanely accident prone... busted my head open twice, and broke several dishes. I think I'm pretty stable now, though.