Accident prone?

Are you accident prone?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Accident prone?

Post by gimp80995 »

I thought I had out grown it...........but tonigh proved me wrong......

I was stabbing the potatoes (making baked potatoes with supper tonight) minding my own business when I missed the potatoe and stabbed myself in the hand.

It's not hospital-visit-worthy, but definatley prety bad.

Peace Out

-Gimp (There IS a reason ppl in real life call me Gimp)
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I am accident prone. At the end of September last year I tripped going up the stairs and caught the fourth finger of my right hand on the screen door. Went to the doctor and had xrays and found out that it was broken. No surgery but I had to wear a splint and have physical therapy for about three weeks. The part that makes me feel really stupid is that my financial advisor was a witness to my stupidity. ](*,)
Last edited by Laurie on Sun May 15, 2005 7:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

I don't think I am. I rarely have accidents
...I hate marquees.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

I'm very accident-averse. My family knows me to be very cautious. :anxious:
Bandit Squirrel
OK

Post by Bandit Squirrel »

I don't have accidents very often, but occasionally...
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

I was a lot more klutzy when I was younger. Case in point: I was waddling around my room as a 7-year-old tot, hefting my entire fortune in my piggy bank. Well actually, it wasn't a "piggy" bank; it was a modified post office box with the combination lock on it. The upshot is, I was carrying around a large wooden box with sharp edges on it. As I toddled into the hallway, I tripped on a truck I was just playing with. I fell face first right onto--you guessed it--the sharp edge of my bank. It just missed my eye! :anxious: I was promptly taken to hospital in my PJ's (it was at night) to stitch my eyelid up.
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Post by Eugene Blackgaard »

Well, I... Whoops! *trips down a flight of stairs, flies out the window, lands in a dumpster [knocking it over], rolls into the street and his hit by a semi-truck, carreens into the lake, and is pivoted into a time vortex and transported back to the stone age transformed into a one legged duck.*

No. No I am not.
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

Eugene Blackgaard wrote:Well, I... Whoops! *trips down a flight of stairs, flies out the window, lands in a dumpster [knocking it over], rolls into the street and his hit by a semi-truck, carreens into the lake, and is pivoted into a time vortex and transported back to the stone age transformed into a one legged duck.*

No. No I am not.

:hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious:

LOL
Me
An original

Post by Me »

I'm generally not prone to accidents. There are off days, of course, but they are generally few and far between. *realizes that by saying this, self is sentenced to several consecutive accident filled weeks.* lol.
gimp80995

Post by gimp80995 »

Eugene Blackgaard wrote:Well, I... Whoops! *trips down a flight of stairs, flies out the window, lands in a dumpster [knocking it over], rolls into the street and his hit by a semi-truck, carreens into the lake, and is pivoted into a time vortex and transported back to the stone age transformed into a one legged duck.*

No. No I am not.
Don't joke...........I could very easily do such.

My mom often made the comment while I was growing up that my grandparents had 6 children..........and with 6 kids they were not in the ER nearly as often as my mom was with just me..........It's a tallent.

Peace Out

-Gimp

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Manda
Someone's favorite

Post by Manda »

Not majorly. But I always manage to trip over things, stumble over my own feet and just be as un-graceful as one could possibly be. And yes, there is a word for it: klutz #-o
Bmuntz
Former Mayor

Post by Bmuntz »

I don't think I'm accident prone. Of courseI have my share of them here and there like we all do.
gimp80995

Post by gimp80995 »

I appear to make an art of finding the most original way to get hurt.......and then carrying out those acts.........when it's truely unintentional, yet you have the most accidents and the most original accidents of most of your friends, you know you really are tallented at being in accidents.

Peace Out

-Gimp

Linne
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Linne »

Very. I've broken both arms, have scars all over my arms and legs, am currently recoverign from a splinter in my heel, and a scrape on my knee..etc, etc. I'm always trippping over stuff, even if it's like, just barely poking out of the ground. #-o
beka8910
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by beka8910 »

Im accident prone. Yesterday I was cutting a piece of paper and cut my finger with the scissors. It was horrible and it hurt really bad.
gimp80995

Post by gimp80995 »

beka8910 wrote:Im accident prone. Yesterday I was cutting a piece of paper and cut my finger with the scissors. It was horrible and it hurt really bad.
This must be bad.............same day, two different ToOers........two different parts of the country..........two different activites, but both cut a finger.

I think AIO fans are on average more accident prone than most people............the first couple summers of existence of the TH the majority of members (even though it was much smaller then) got injured.

Peace Out

-Gimp

Jessicado
Love to love

Post by Jessicado »

I used to be the biggest klutz in the world. My friends and family would always tease me because I could barely walk without hurting myself. The past few years have proven to be much better for me which I am very thankful for.
Me
An original

Post by Me »

gimp80995 wrote:I think AIO fans are on average more accident prone than most people............
I think we can blame Harlow Doyle for that. "He makes my fingers hurt."
gimp80995

Post by gimp80995 »

Me wrote:
gimp80995 wrote:I think AIO fans are on average more accident prone than most people............
I think we can blame Harlow Doyle for that. "He makes my fingers hurt."
OK, we'll blame him ;)

Peace Out

-Gimp

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I wouldn't consider myself accident prone. While I trip and get paper cuts and stuff, the degree and quantity of accidents that some people here appear to suffer from is far beyond what I've experienced! \:D/

It's definitely Harlow Doyle's fault! Everything bad that happens to ToOers is connected to Harlow and his Pop-Tart addiction, for reasons that I don't understand. :hithead: