New Domain

www.thetoo.com

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
Shadowpaw
Town Founder
It’s my birthday

New Domain

Post by Shadowpaw »

Everyone,

As many of you may have read earlier, the bandwidth for my site was being eaten alive :). Rather than wait until I got a stiff fine from my hosting providers, I decided to buy a whole new domain anyway... www.thetoo.com . Easy enough to remember? I hope so! And we can now post away to our heart's content without worrying about going over.
Elf of Rivendell
random passerby elf
random passerby elf

Post by Elf of Rivendell »

Without EVER having to worry about going over?

I think thetoo.com is much easier to remember. Thanks Shadowpaw!
Shadowpaw
Town Founder
It’s my birthday

Post by Shadowpaw »

Haha, there is a chance we could go over... as there is always a limit. With this host, I have 3 times the bandwidth I do on the AIOSF. Without getting too technical, my AIOSF cap is 40 gigabytes of transfer per month. Well, we had already done 5 gigs of transfer in 2 days (which translates to 75 gigs in a month, nearly double what I'm allowed). This site has room for 120. I doubt we'll do an average of even 70 in a month once things calm down here a bit especially considering the Town Hall averages about 30 gigs a month (though it's less graphically powered), but it's interesting how popular this site has become in such a short period of time. Keep in mind that while there's a lot of initial excitement right now, it's a novelty and the "new thing". I'm going to do my best to keep people entertained and interested though, with new content coming over time and storylines to keep people involved. I don't plan on abandoing you :). This board will be around for a long, long while however and there will always be things for people to do.
Eagle Eye
Just visiting

Post by Eagle Eye »

You must know smart people... \:D/
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Thanks, shadowpaw! This is a lot easier to remember!
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Magnificent, Shadow. Six simple letters . . .
Shadowpaw wrote:Without getting too technical, my AIOSF cap is 40 gigabytes of transfer per month. Well, we had already done 5 gigs of transfer in 2 days (which translates to 75 gigs in a month, nearly double what I'm allowed). This site has room for 120. I doubt we'll do an average of even 70 in a month once things calm down here a bit especially considering the Town Hall averages about 30 gigs a month (though it's less graphically powered), but it's interesting how popular this site has become in such a short period of time.
Indeed, file transfer limits can be tricky things when you're dealing with gigabites of transfer. :D I hope you didn't spend too much on the new domain . . . but I'm glad you bought it regardless, for the town's sake. Thanks!

Love the 'new' avy, by the way. It looks vaguely familiar. :-k
Shadowpaw
Town Founder
It’s my birthday

Post by Shadowpaw »

Trent DeWhite wrote:Love the 'new' avy, by the way. It looks vaguely familiar. :-k
It's very similar to my old one except it now is 100 x 100 rather than 65 x 65 like the one I used to be using (which I created years ago for AIO Mole). It's still not quite what I want, but it'll be fine for now. Maybe I'll have to visit Crestwood Avenue and get one of them avatar creators to make me a cool one!
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Shadowpaw wrote:It's very similar to my old one except it now is 100 x 100 rather than 65 x 65 like the one I used to be using (which I created years ago for AIO Mole). It's still not quite what I want, but it'll be fine for now. Maybe I'll have to visit Crestwood Avenue and get one of them avatar creators to make me a cool one!
Ah, yes. I thought I recognized it from somewhere. I'm sure the fine business peoples at Crestwood Avenue will create an suitable avatar to your liking. Just make sure they don't charge you too march for the service. :lol:
Shadowpaw
Town Founder
It’s my birthday

Post by Shadowpaw »

Trent DeWhite wrote:Ah, yes. I thought I recognized it from somewhere. I'm sure the fine business peoples at Crestwood Avenue will create an suitable avatar to your liking. Just make sure they don't charge you too march for the service. :lol:
I looked around and don't feel right just picking one shop... so I've created a contest over at Odyssey 105. Even people who don't have a shop can enter. And to keep this thread on topic... yes, "The too dot com" is very easy to remember. :)
StupendousMan
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by StupendousMan »

Excellent job with the move and new server. I'll do my best to fill up your bandwidth :D
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Post by Eugene Blackgaard »

Hoorah! Huzzah! Phumbah!?

This is exellent! I am quite thrilled that we have our own domain now. I applaud you, Shadowpaw! =D>
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

Yes! A work of greatness!
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

sounds good to me..
Sarah
Someone's favorite

Post by Sarah »

I got a little worried when I saw that message - at first - this morning. It looked the same as the message that people put up when the forums are hacked... like "These forums are currently unavailible, please check back later" tsk tsk. [-X

Hehe, I like the new name though, it is much easier to remember!!

Sarah

:D
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

It was the same message, just triggered "legitimately" by someone who has normal access to the admin options panel.
*goes off and hides in her random tech-type corner*
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

=D> The ToO is growing!
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

4 days and already 102 members..........I'd say it's growing.

thetoo.com yup, definanetly easier to remember.......

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

Huzzah! It's grwoing all right =P~
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Yep! We're pretty good, huh?
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Shadowpaw: What host do you use?