Post a picture of your desktop!

Round 2

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Well, IE is the dominant browser in the market now, so to develop on it would be a wise decision.

I've been using Firefox for years now, only recently switching to Safari for speed.
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Tyler wrote:Well, IE is the dominant browser in the market now, so to develop on it would be a wise decision.
That and the disturbing reality that quite a few prominent sites, including banking sites (and large web companies' sites), only work with IE.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Diddy Kong wrote:
Tyler wrote:Well, IE is the dominant browser in the market now, so to develop on it would be a wise decision.
That and the disturbing reality that quite a few prominent sites, including banking sites (and large web companies' sites), only work with IE.
Yeah i've noticed that. As for banking, I do my banking through a webapp/iphone app called mint, it's pretty nifty.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

I had LJ and Lincoln.. switched it to some weird thing... and now I have THIS!

Hehe... If I said I took the backgrounf pic from Eder... ha.. I did, unfortunately. I found that AWESOME! He plays guitar... So, yeah... :)
Last edited by Danielle Abigail Maxwell on Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

courtesy of angusmcleod, from deviantART.
I am very minimalistic in my desktop ... I hide my icons. everything I need is on my start bar. \:D/
they may be copper,
annoying little coins! but,
they might be giants.
save your pandas: vote racecar!
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Sarai Binghamton wrote:I am very minimalistic in my desktop ... I hide my icons. everything I need is on my start bar. \:D/
Which is curiously hidden... ;)
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

Diddy Kong wrote:
Sarai Binghamton wrote:I am very minimalistic in my desktop ... I hide my icons. everything I need is on my start bar. \:D/
Which is curiously hidden... ;)
yes, I hide that too.
auto-hide+bringing bar to the very bottom. it subtly tells you if something (i.e.: IM) is flashing, but not obnoxiously. I use alt+tab to switch between applications, ctrl+tab to switch tabs in ff. it's largely mouseless.
they may be copper,
annoying little coins! but,
they might be giants.
save your pandas: vote racecar!
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

You sound like my brother. He sets things up that way too. :)
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

My browser is very minimalistic, if that counts.. Actually, come to think of it, so is my desktop. I have very few icons.. :P
...I hate marquees.
Samwise
Love to love

Post by Samwise »

Nice one Sarai. Love the minimalistic look. I usually keep six icons on my desktop and that's it. Four text files + hard drive + kitteh.
Jugglah
I'm memorable

Post by Jugglah »

I guess I'm kind of bumping this, sorry. But I had to show off my new-just-out-of-the-box-today Macbook! \:D/ I think it's beyond spiffy.

KING BUTTER TURTLE IS MY TWIN!
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

That's mine... the side got cut off a little... oops.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Me background... earlier was a pic of baby Timmy and his almost 2-year old bro, but.... yeah, found something more interesting!
Last edited by Danielle Abigail Maxwell on Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

\:D/
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

I looove Maximum Ride fanart. (It's a joke about something that happened in the book, BTW.) :D If you look at the windows I have opened, I have the ToO up, MSN IM opened, Hotmail opened, and part of 'Return to Witch Mountain' pulled up on Youtube. \:D/ I like to multitask.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I wish I could post my desktop...it's an adorably cute picture of my nephew. But I'm not supposed to post any more pics of him online. *sigh* :(
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

*cough* Photoshop's blur tool... *cough*

V-lady, what version of Windows are you using? If you are using XP, what program has the icons at the top of the screen like that? *tries to hide lack of geeky knowledge*
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

KODY 105 wrote:*cough* Photoshop's blur tool... *cough*
That would ruin the whole reason I would want to post it - to show off his cuteness. ;)
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Pseudonym
Pleasantly Confused
Pleasantly Confused

Post by Pseudonym »

Reminds me of the Shire. :inlove:
So you lost your trust,
And you never should have.
No, you never should have.
But don't break your back
If you ever see this,
But don't answer that.
In a bullet proof vest
With the windows all closed,
I'll be doing my best
I'll see you soon.
Shadowfax

Post by Shadowfax »

Woah, Pseu, could you send me that picture, so that I could have that as my desktop picture? :inlove: