Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post Post subject: ESPN NCAA bracket challenge ToO group
Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:30 pm 
The Council is GREAT!
User avatar
Vote King Regis!

Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:02 pm

Posts: 4702
Age: 24
Gender: Male

Cash: 108.92
For those of you entering brackets for ESPN's challenge, I've set up a private group for the ToO. It's called theToO and the password is topcrusader. There is a $1000 prize for the winner and $250 for second place. (ToO dollars that is ;) )

_________________
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ


Top
  Offline Profile E-mail Facebook  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:37 pm 
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)
User avatar
grins bigly. Grins are contagious, you know! =D

Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:13 pm

Posts: 14793
Age: 10

Cash: 137.50
Bank: 0.00
Blog: View Blog (1)
I've successfully filled out my bracket for that! \:D/

_________________
Image


Top
  Offline Profile E-mail  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:53 pm 
The Council is GREAT!
User avatar
say waddup saints!?!

Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:25 pm

Posts: 4541
Age: 27
Gender: Male

Cash: 14.32
Bank: 65.49
I joined. \:D/

_________________
I do what I do.


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:16 pm 
The Council is GREAT!
User avatar
Vote King Regis!

Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:02 pm

Posts: 4702
Age: 24
Gender: Male

Cash: 108.92
So, who's in everybody's final four? Do you have any big upsets?

I have Memphis over Louisville and North Carolina over Villanova, then Memphis over North Carolina. I've got Northern Iowa into the sweet 16 and Cornell over MO.

_________________
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ


Top
  Offline Profile E-mail Facebook  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:20 pm 
The Council is GREAT!
User avatar
say waddup saints!?!

Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:25 pm

Posts: 4541
Age: 27
Gender: Male

Cash: 14.32
Bank: 65.49
I don't have anything too exciting. I have Louisville, Conn, Pitt, and Oklahoma in the Final Four and Pitt winning it all.

I had to get one 5-12 upset in there so I put Wisconsin over Florida St.... Any other 5-12 upsets. There always seems to be one...

_________________
I do what I do.


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:35 pm 
Avian American
Avian American
User avatar
#DontTouchLola

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:28 pm

Posts: 4501
Gender: Male

Cash: 87.20
Bank: 100.00
Blog: View Blog (7)
King Butter Turtle wrote:
So, who's in everybody's final four? Do you have any big upsets?

I have Memphis over Louisville and North Carolina over Villanova, then Memphis over North Carolina. I've got Northern Iowa into the sweet 16 and Cornell over MO.


Woah, I filled out one on this website and I'm not sure how to get it back quite yet, but that looks amazingly like my final four and victories to get there. :huh: Except I have North Carolina over, like, Louisville maybe?

(I'm not doing the ESPN challenge if you didn't already realize that ;) )

_________________
Image


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:24 pm 
Miss Whit's End
User avatar
Happily married to the love of my life :inlove:

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 2:07 pm

Posts: 10052
Age: 30
Gender: Female

Cash: 10.42
Bank: 0.00
I entered. \:D/ I don't know much about basketball, but I like doing these for fun! O:)

_________________
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:29 am 
Avian American
Avian American
User avatar
#DontTouchLola

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:28 pm

Posts: 4501
Gender: Male

Cash: 87.20
Bank: 100.00
Blog: View Blog (7)
Evil Chick wrote:
I entered. \:D/ I don't know much about basketball, but I like doing these for fun! O:)


lol Yea I didn't pay much attention to the regular season so most of it was Random guessing.. \:D/

_________________
Image


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:49 pm 
The Council is GREAT!
User avatar
say waddup saints!?!

Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:25 pm

Posts: 4541
Age: 27
Gender: Male

Cash: 14.32
Bank: 65.49
Fang wrote:
Evil Chick wrote:
I entered. \:D/ I don't know much about basketball, but I like doing these for fun! O:)


lol Yea I didn't pay much attention to the regular season so most of it was Random guessing.. \:D/


As with me. I asked a lot of friends about what they thought. Oftentimes, those who don't follow college bball will do better than those that followed for the whole season...

_________________
I do what I do.


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:05 pm 
The Council is GREAT!
User avatar
Vote King Regis!

Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:02 pm

Posts: 4702
Age: 24
Gender: Male

Cash: 108.92
GlennAdams wrote:
Fang wrote:
Evil Chick wrote:
I entered. \:D/ I don't know much about basketball, but I like doing these for fun! O:)


lol Yea I didn't pay much attention to the regular season so most of it was Random guessing.. \:D/


As with me. I asked a lot of friends about what they thought. Oftentimes, those who don't follow college bball will do better than those that followed for the whole season...


I actually didn't follow it much this season either. I think JIA's the only one who really knows very much about basketball, but we'll see.

I was kind of expecting a better turnout, didn't we do this last year with superior success. I want to say Taq ran it, but I'm not sure. Anyway, there's still one more day to fill in your brackets for a 20% chance at $1000. Come on people, join in the fun! \:D/

EDIT: If you watch at cbssports.com, there's a "boss button" that links to a fake spreadsheet. :hilarious:

_________________
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ


Top
  Offline Profile E-mail Facebook  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:27 pm 
The Council is GREAT!
User avatar
say waddup saints!?!

Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:25 pm

Posts: 4541
Age: 27
Gender: Male

Cash: 14.32
Bank: 65.49
Yay. I'm at 100% right now. lol. 4 for 4. \:D/

What'd you guys think about maryland's upset. \:D/

_________________
I do what I do.


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:04 pm 
The Council is GREAT!
User avatar
Vote King Regis!

Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:02 pm

Posts: 4702
Age: 24
Gender: Male

Cash: 108.92
GlennAdams wrote:
Yay. I'm at 100% right now. lol. 4 for 4. \:D/

What'd you guys think about maryland's upset. \:D/


Now, you're 8 for 8. ;)

Obama picked Maryland! \:D/

Did you guys get to watch it at school? I saw about 15 minutes at the end of 6th and 7th hours and it was also on in the cafeteria and library, but all my teachers turned it off during lessons. :(

_________________
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ


Top
  Offline Profile E-mail Facebook  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:06 pm 
The Council is GREAT!
User avatar
say waddup saints!?!

Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:25 pm

Posts: 4541
Age: 27
Gender: Male

Cash: 14.32
Bank: 65.49
King Butter Turtle wrote:
GlennAdams wrote:
Yay. I'm at 100% right now. lol. 4 for 4. \:D/

What'd you guys think about maryland's upset. \:D/


Now, you're 8 for 8. ;)

Obama picked Maryland! \:D/

Did you guys get to watch it at school? I saw about 15 minutes at the end of 6th and 7th hours and it was also on in the cafeteria and library, but all my teachers turned it off during lessons. :(


Yeah. We didn't even do anything in physics. Also, we had the option to watch it during our lunch period too. \:D/

Nice. I want the $10,000. lol.

_________________
I do what I do.


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:35 pm 
Avian American
Avian American
User avatar
#DontTouchLola

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:28 pm

Posts: 4501
Gender: Male

Cash: 87.20
Bank: 100.00
Blog: View Blog (7)
You mean $1,000? But anyway I filled out a bracket but not on ESPN, so hows that work there?

_________________
Image


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:08 pm 
The Council is GREAT!
User avatar
say waddup saints!?!

Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:25 pm

Posts: 4541
Age: 27
Gender: Male

Cash: 14.32
Bank: 65.49
No. I mean $10,000 for winning the whole thing. \:D/

_________________
I do what I do.


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:52 pm 
The Council is GREAT!
User avatar
Vote King Regis!

Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:02 pm

Posts: 4702
Age: 24
Gender: Male

Cash: 108.92
GlennAdams wrote:
No. I mean $10,000 for winning the whole thing. \:D/


Haha, fat chance. You've already missed 3 games and there's still 17 perfect brackets out there. :D

_________________
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ


Top
  Offline Profile E-mail Facebook  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:32 pm 
The Council is GREAT!
User avatar
say waddup saints!?!

Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:25 pm

Posts: 4541
Age: 27
Gender: Male

Cash: 14.32
Bank: 65.49
King Butter Turtle wrote:
GlennAdams wrote:
No. I mean $10,000 for winning the whole thing. \:D/


Haha, fat chance. You've already missed 3 games and there's still 17 perfect brackets out there. :D


Puh lease, like that's gonna happen. Anyways it's only 1st round. The final four is where it gets interesting. \:D/

_________________
I do what I do.


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:15 am 
Avian American
Avian American
User avatar
#DontTouchLola

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:28 pm

Posts: 4501
Gender: Male

Cash: 87.20
Bank: 100.00
Blog: View Blog (7)
GlennAdams wrote:
King Butter Turtle wrote:
GlennAdams wrote:
No. I mean $10,000 for winning the whole thing. \:D/


Haha, fat chance. You've already missed 3 games and there's still 17 perfect brackets out there. :D


Puh lease, like that's gonna happen. Anyways it's only 1st round. The final four is where it gets interesting. \:D/


Pretty much everywhere after first round, with increasing intesity. \:D/

_________________
Image


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:47 pm 
I post like Shadowpaw
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 2:30 pm

Posts: 2848

Cash: 45.68
Bank: 8.85
King Butter Turtle wrote:
I was kind of expecting a better turnout, didn't we do this last year with superior success. I want to say Taq ran it, but I'm not sure.

Nope, it wasn't me.

I watched a March Madness game last Saturday. Maryland beat Cal earlier in the week, but was sadly overmatched by Memphis.


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:46 pm 
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)
User avatar
grins bigly. Grins are contagious, you know! =D

Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:13 pm

Posts: 14793
Age: 10

Cash: 137.50
Bank: 0.00
Blog: View Blog (1)
Taq wrote:
King Butter Turtle wrote:
I was kind of expecting a better turnout, didn't we do this last year with superior success. I want to say Taq ran it, but I'm not sure.

Nope, it wasn't me.

I watched a March Madness game last Saturday. Maryland beat Cal earlier in the week, but was sadly overmatched by Memphis.


I ran the competition last year, but only a few people signed up. :p

My pick set on ESPN is doing horribly. Too bad I didn't put my Yahoo picks into my ESPN bracket. XD

_________________
Image


Top
  Offline Profile E-mail  
      
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
The site is in no way affiliated with Focus on the Family. "Adventures in Odyssey" is the registered trademark of Focus on the Family.