Life, life

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Old Brad
I've been working out

Post by Old Brad »

Ok y'all let me give some advise on starting a job in lawn care, pack a knife! On Monday, I started working for a landscape company doing lawn maintenance. The day before I was thinking that I needed to take my knife with me. The next morning I totally forgot. We got to the site, and I started weed whipping. after about an hour, I needed to replace the line, but I had a conundrum, There was no knife around to cut it with. I found an edger blade and tried hacking the line in 2. After a couple of swings, I missed the line. I did however connect with a different solid object..my thumb. I looked out and saw one of the other guys, so I went up to him and told him I needed help. He helped me get it cleaned up and bandaged, then one of the ladies from the office "just happened" to pull up. She took me to urgent care, where I got 4 stitches and discovered I also fractured the tip of the bone off, just a tiny piece. Now I am taking the rest of the week off to help it heal up some before going back.

And that's how not to do the first day at a new job.

I do have a picture of it after the stitches and fairly cleaned up. If you want to see it, I can PM it. I don't really want to post it even with spoilers, cause I know there's some people that are really squeamish about these things. :p

Also, it was really cool to see the Lord work in the situation, because everyone basically grabs their mower or weed whip and goes off to their area. So it was definitely thanks to the Lord that the guy showed up right after it happened. Also, the lady from the office wasn't responding to a call. She was checking up on us, trying to resolve some sort of dispute. So the Lord was definitely working!
“For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him."
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Oh no, Brad! I'm cringing just reading about that incident. I hope it heals quickly. I do not want to see the picture, but thank you for the offer. ;)
Old Brad
I've been working out

Post by Old Brad »

Are you sure? It's really no trouble to upload. ;)
“For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him."
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Oh no, really, I couldn't possibly inconvenience you like that... :bolt:

I did some shopping and spent time at church today, and tomorrow I'm going to visit a friend in the hospital. She's been stuck there a while (nothing life-threatening, fortunately!) and she appreciates some company.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

MAD UNI DASH.

asdfjkl;

MUST PREPARE.

. . .

NOT PREPARED.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

Wow, that sounds painful, Brad. I'm glad you didn't lose your thumb.

I'm officially declaring myself no longer sick today! \:D/
"And the fire with all the strength it hath."
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

This weekend has flown by! :mad: I was busy Friday, and then Saturday I ran errands, visited a friend in the hospital, and spend hours at church for a special event, then Sunday more church, time with my sister and brother-in-law, and getting together with former co-workers that I only see a few times a year. It was all good stuff, but it makes Sunday evening come quickly!
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

My exams and career recruiting season are coinciding again. Help. :panic:
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

Folks, I'd like you all to meet Jenna, my new 1994 Chevrolet Camaro. I bought her last Friday, and she's absolutely amazing. ^_^
Now I just need the license to match. ;)
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Hey Jenna, nice to meet you! I'm so sorry to hear that you got stuck with such an owner, but look on the bright side - maybe he won't get his license for a while! \:D/
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Hai guyz.

my job is going well, we're moving to a different house soon, and I can't wait for Halloween

Till the end of the line.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Good to hear! :D Especially about your job!

Life has been really busy for me. It seems like I'm always rushing one place or another and doing stuff. It's mostly good stuff, but still stuff. ;)
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

I got an offer for a full time job! \:D/

I'm waiting to hear back from a few more companies before I make a decision, but I'm very relieved to have at least one option now. It should take most of the stress off of graduating.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

That's great news, Tea Ess! :D Congratulations! I hope you get more offers and get to pick your favourite, but even one offer is a good place to start!

It's Canadian Thanksgiving today, and I had a great time at a family gathering. We ate and visited and ate some more and had a lovely time. \:D/
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

That's good to hear, TS! And very exciting. :yes:

Happy Thanksgiving, Catspaw! \:D/
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

Thanks! I'm definitely excited. And nervous. =p

Happy Thanksgiving to all of the Canadian ToOers! \:D/
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

So, in the last couple days, my life has gotten exciting. In a good way.

I talked to my advisor at school, and he told me that I only have 20 credits to complete (and a semester off campus) before I can graduate. That means a lot for me because:

1) Freshman year, I thought I was going to drop out. I told myself every day that I was going to. Now I'm about to finish school, which I'm still trying to wrap my head around.

2) It means I can get married next summer. That's right, Steve is old now, kids. Now, granted, I haven't proposed yet, but I'm pretty sure my girlfriend knows it's coming. She doesn't know that I already have her ring, and she'll be getting it in just a couple weeks.

3) I have to move out of my parents' house. I live in a dorm during the school year, but I frequently visit my family and I live there during the summer. I'm in the process of trying to find apartments in Nashville because...

4) My last semester of school will take place in Nashville, where I'll actually get to try my hand at doing some of the stuff I've been working towards. So that basically means that 10 months from now, I'll be married, moved out, and about to graduate.

TLDR: My life is nuts right now, but I like it.
he/him | a little stinker.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Wow, Steve. Sounds like you will be having a lot of major life changes and milestones soon!

I'm happy to hear life is treating you well and wish you the best in all your new adventures. \:D/
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

That's great, Steve! :D Congratulations on all the good things that are happening or are just about to happen in your life! \:D/ It is odd to think of you getting engaged (because I only know you as a goofy guy on the internet), but I guess your signature does say that you earned the power of love. ;)
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Steve wrote:So, in the last couple days, my life has gotten exciting. In a good way.

I talked to my advisor at school, and he told me that I only have 20 credits to complete (and a semester off campus) before I can graduate. That means a lot for me because:

1) Freshman year, I thought I was going to drop out. I told myself every day that I was going to. Now I'm about to finish school, which I'm still trying to wrap my head around.

2) It means I can get married next summer. That's right, Steve is old now, kids. Now, granted, I haven't proposed yet, but I'm pretty sure my girlfriend knows it's coming. She doesn't know that I already have her ring, and she'll be getting it in just a couple weeks.

3) I have to move out of my parents' house. I live in a dorm during the school year, but I frequently visit my family and I live there during the summer. I'm in the process of trying to find apartments in Nashville because...

4) My last semester of school will take place in Nashville, where I'll actually get to try my hand at doing some of the stuff I've been working towards. So that basically means that 10 months from now, I'll be married, moved out, and about to graduate.

TLDR: My life is nuts right now, but I like it.
ew getting married and graduating and doing all of that life stuff :(

that said, I do live on my own in the middle of Amsterdam, so \:D/

but congrats, Steve ;)
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer