Life, life

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Old Brad
I've been working out

Post by Old Brad »

Spending the day driving, going to visit family for a week. \:D/
“For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him."
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

DanP740 wrote:Sooo I drove to Missouri last weekend to hang out with ToOers. It's a 16 hour drive each way, which I took two days each way to do, then I spent two days there. By the way, there's nothing to do in Springfield, Missouri.
Pictures to be posted in the Post a Picture of Yourself topic.
...which ToOers? :noway: Last time I was in Missouri I met up with TKD, Invisible Ninja, and the rest of her family...and Christian A., one time, too.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Belle, Cher/Stubborn, and Cowboy of Texas.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I got a chance to catch up with a couple of friends who spent a month touring around Australia and New Zealand and see their awesome pictures! :D It looks like such a beautiful place. It was great to see them and hear about their trip.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Let's see...hmm...doctor appointments, doctor appointments, and more doctor appointments. That about sums up my life right now. Heheh.
My little guy is doing pretty well, but he's still not eating by mouth. We started feeding therapy, and he hates it and has started gagging like crazy now and throwing up a lot. Grrr. Started PT as well to work on sitting on his own. He crawls now, but still hasn't figured out the whole sitting thing. That would be totally boring, right, to stay in one place like that?!

My pregnancy is going well, and I'm now in the third trimester. Officially in the big-as-a-whale category. Yay!

Edit: Oh, forgot to mention that my life has also included passing Catspaw in fantasy hockey! \:D/ I'm up to third, working on second place. She's now in 5th? Awwwww. O:)
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I was going to say nice things to Laura, until I read the end of her post. Talk about kicking a girl while she's down. :mecry:

I will be the (figuratively) bigger person here and wish Laura all the best with her future endeavours. May they keep her so busy that she forgets to set her ToOHL roster the rest of the season. O:)

(But really, I hope that everything goes well with the feeding therapy, and I'm so excited for you and the baby on his or her way!)
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Catspaw wrote:I was going to say nice things to Laura, until I read the end of her post. Talk about kicking a girl while she's down. :mecry:

I will be the (figuratively) bigger person here and wish Laura all the best with her future endeavours. May they keep her so busy that she forgets to set her ToOHL roster the rest of the season. O:)

(But really, I hope that everything goes well with the feeding therapy, and I'm so excited for you and the baby on his or her way!)
*pats Catspaw on the head* There there, it's only a game. O:)

Heheheh, I've forgotten so many times this season to set my lineup, I would have a ton more points if I couldve remembered to check my players every day. But now I'm kinda obsessive about checking, since my hubby is so close behind me and Watson so close ahead of me. Mustn't let them beat me!!! :x

And thank you, I'm relieved to have gotten as far as I have this pregnancy. At least now if the baby comes early, it's still a whole lot better than the last time! :D
I'm praying Andrew's GI issues will be resolved soon...it's been no fun to have him so uncomfortable with all the gagging and throwing up.
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Laura Ingalls wrote: *pats Catspaw on the head* There there, it's only a game. O:)

Heheheh, I've forgotten so many times this season to set my lineup, I would have a ton more points if I couldve remembered to check my players every day. But now I'm kinda obsessive about checking, since my hubby is so close behind me and Watson so close ahead of me. Mustn't let them beat me!!! :x

And thank you, I'm relieved to have gotten as far as I have this pregnancy. At least now if the baby comes early, it's still a whole lot better than the last time! :D
I'm praying Andrew's GI issues will be resolved soon...it's been no fun to have him so uncomfortable with all the gagging and throwing up.
It's only a game when you're winning. When you suddenly start losing, it's war. :x

Aww, that must be tough for you and the baby. I will definitely be praying.

I had a lovely time tonight visiting my best friend. I got to hold her baby for hours, plus I got a homemade cinnamon bun. Oh yeah, and we talked and stuff too. ;) Good times!
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

My Chrome data got accidentally deleted so I'm now running on a backup copy of my bookmarks from last February. So many recipes gone. :(
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Parakeet
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Parakeet »

Knight Fisher wrote:My Chrome data got accidentally deleted so I'm now running on a backup copy of my bookmarks from last February. So many recipes gone. :(
Nooooo! that really stinks :cry:

Yesterday my hair caught on fire. Yeah, that was almost a disaster.
Don't you
remember
the SNOWFLAKES.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Parakeet wrote:Yesterday my hair caught on fire. Yeah, that was almost a disaster.
How did that happen? =o
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Parakeet

Post by Parakeet »

snubs wrote:
Parakeet wrote:Yesterday my hair caught on fire. Yeah, that was almost a disaster.
How did that happen? =o
WELL,
I was making mac n cheese and leaned forward while i was stirring it and my hair fell into the burner area. Luckily I had quick reflexes and blew it out before it burned very much. Thankfully it did not result in an ER visit or the house burning down... :anxious: So far I haven't noticed any burn marks or an obvious spot missing some hair so mostly it was just a learning experience:
put your hair in a ponytail before you make mac n cheese! :explode:
Don't you
remember
the SNOWFLAKES.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Parakeet wrote:
Knight Fisher wrote:My Chrome data got accidentally deleted so I'm now running on a backup copy of my bookmarks from last February. So many recipes gone. :(

I managed to system restore. :thud: Everything is back. \:D/

How did the Mac and Cheese turn out? Cause if it was good I would say it's totally worth it. \:D/
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Parakeet

Post by Parakeet »

Knight Fisher wrote:
Parakeet wrote:

I managed to system restore. :thud: Everything is back. \:D/

How did the Mac and Cheese turn out? Cause if it was good I would say it's totally worth it. \:D/
Oh yay! I'm glad you got it all back!
It was DELICIOUS!! :yum:
Don't you
remember
the SNOWFLAKES.
GJ
Pilgrim

Post by GJ »

As for the explanation for my period of absence no one asked for; I've been swamped with homework, figuratively, of course. I have also filled in a few job applications, and expect to do another before the week is up. I'm worrying about those, and am currently reading two J.R.R Tolkien novels as well as a Star Wars one. One of which I still have to write an essay on.

The weather is a blessing, I've been out for the last few days, soaking up the sunlight and playing sports with my brothers.
Eventually, it'll get cold again and a noticeable sense of moodiness will return to the home, though we've been holding off, resisting, and no matter the load, I have to keep on.
"To know whether truth is actually true or just an imposter, give it some licorice." -Wooton Basset
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Parakeet wrote:
snubs wrote:
How did that happen? =o
WELL,
I was making mac n cheese and leaned forward while i was stirring it and my hair fell into the burner area. Luckily I had quick reflexes and blew it out before it burned very much. Thankfully it did not result in an ER visit or the house burning down... :anxious: So far I haven't noticed any burn marks or an obvious spot missing some hair so mostly it was just a learning experience:
that's why you're required to put your hair up in the food industry over here \:D/

felt sick all today, took a 'nap' at 8pm and didn't wake up till 1 \:D/
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Kathy0
OK

Post by Kathy0 »

Parakeet wrote:
snubs wrote:
How did that happen? =o
WELL,
WOW!!!!!!!! :- :- :- THATS CRAZY! I am glad you are ok! :D
Caitie
Processing

Post by Caitie »

I was just reading down through these and almost choked to death on my medicine. I guess I cant swallow pills dry when I have strep throat =p
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Whoa, it sounds like there have been some exciting times around here!

Parakeet, I'm so glad you're okay and that nothing too tragic happened. At least now you have a fun story to share! :D

GJ, it does sound like you've been busy! I hope your job applications go well! Job hunting is not fun.

Marvin...feel better! Naps are wonderful things!

Caitie, strep throat doesn't found good. :( Get better soon, and don't read funny ToO threads while you take pills!

I had a busy morning helping in the preschool room at church. It seemed like every kid had to go the bathroom this morning, which keeps us all running. :mad: Good thing the sermon had a reminder that we serve not because it's always the most fulfilling thing ever for us, but because we are following Christ's example of serving.
Lizzy88
OK

Post by Lizzy88 »

Laura Ingalls wrote: And thank you, I'm relieved to have gotten as far as I have this pregnancy. At least now if the baby comes early, it's still a whole lot better than the last time! :D
Praying! That is so great that the new baby is OK thus far!
On the Soda Shoppe I am HomeschoolCowgirl. On the Chat I am TheStepHat. Does that help ya?