Life, life

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I had a family gathering yesterday a few hours away, so that made for a long day with lots of driving, but fortunately the roads were okay for the most part, and we had a very nice time visiting and eating and visiting more and eating more. ;) It made it feel like Christmas a little early!
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

Anna><> wrote:
The Top Crusader wrote:Homework is dumb.
QFT
Homework is very very very dumb.
And I have to do my calculus now.
2010 me was right about homework being dumb.
2017 me is still doing calculus.
Parakeet
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Parakeet »

ToO is AWESOME!! \:D/

And I am bored.

Also, I was kinda lazy today :-$
Don't you
remember
the SNOWFLAKES.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

The ToO is indeed awesome. :D

Lazy days can be the best days - it's nice to have a chance now and then to just do nothing/ \:D/

I spent the afternoon at a friend's house, which was really nice. We haven't had a chance to get together recently, so we needed a chance to catch up. I had bought her boys Lego and dinosaur books for Christmas and hadn't brought them over yet, so it was lots of fun to see them enjoying their books. :D
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

It's calling for snow here tonight!!! \:D/ I am stoked! Maybe up to 3-4 inches!! Nothing like I'm used to in Virginia, but that's significant for down here in Georgia. Woohoo!! I'm looking forward to showing my little guy his first snow. :D Maybe even making a snowman!!
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Aww, that sounds like fun! I guess you did get a bit of a climate difference when you moved. :lol: I hope that you get lots of snow and get to enjoy it!

My sister and brother-in-law are coming over for supper tonight, so that should be fun!
Connie G.
I'm a teapot

Post by Connie G. »

I had snow today \:D/ Lots of fun, first time in a couple of years :D Too fluffy to build snowmen tho. Perhaps tomorrow =D
I have learned to kiss the wave that throws me against the rock of ages. ~C.H. Spurgeon
hello and Where are all the hot people? ~Penguin
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I had a good day yesterday, with a meeting all day that ended up being better than I expected it to be and a prayer time at church that evening. Today was okay - a coworker was sick, but somebody could fill in for her, so it all worked out. I lead an exciting life, I know. ;)
Pianoman

Post by Pianoman »

I just got back from a week trip to Iceland with my family. Iceland actually had no summer all winter, and we go down there and there's a snowstorm with winds that can blow cars off the road, and then the last day we woke up and saw over a foot of snow on the ground. =0 It was very pretty there with all its waterfalls and mountains.... and black beaches since the rocks there are from volcanoes. We had a great week, and of course my family had to learn all we could about the agriculture there since we are farm nerds. xD Here's me by one of the big falls in Iceland, along with my sister. This trip was her idea and early birthday present. ;)
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Wow, what a trip! Sounds like it was quite an adventure for you guys. =D
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
GJ
Pilgrim

Post by GJ »

Ooh, how exciting! I'm happy you and your family had a safe, educational journey. I've heard many wonderful things about Iceland and its variety, though I don't know if I would be able to stand the cold. :noway:
What did you mean by "going down?"
"To know whether truth is actually true or just an imposter, give it some licorice." -Wooton Basset
Pianoman

Post by Pianoman »

I love on the North Pole. Didn't you know? I talk about my beard so much because Santa's my Daddy. =)
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Wow, great picture, and it sounds like you had an amazing adventure! :D
Parakeet

Post by Parakeet »

I'm memorizing 2 poems: Smart by Shel Silverstein and The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost. I'll have to recite them in my co-op class in front of (get this) FIVE KIDS AND ONE TEACHER oh wait that's not that scary lol :lol:
Don't you
remember
the SNOWFLAKES.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

That's awesome! In grade nine my ELA teacher had everybody memorize a poem, and it was a really great experience to learn it and then listen to everybody recite their poems. I have forgotten it by now, but in my defense, I'm pretty old. ;) I hope that all goes really well for you, Parakeet! :D

I had what felt like a super long day today. The best part of my day was listening to my new AIO album (#62) in my car on the way to work and back. :yes:
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Tomorrow is the 10th anniversary of the time I got a chili dog at a Speedway gas station after getting married. \:D/
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Woohoo! Special times indeed!

I have a pretty good week, since I officially became an auntie! \:D/ We are all quite excited about the baby, of course.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Sooo I drove to Missouri last weekend to hang out with ToOers. It's a 16 hour drive each way, which I took two days each way to do, then I spent two days there. By the way, there's nothing to do in Springfield, Missouri.
Pictures to be posted in the Post a Picture of Yourself topic.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

DanP740 wrote:Sooo I drove to Missouri last weekend to hang out with ToOers. It's a 16 hour drive each way, which I took two days each way to do, then I spent two days there. By the way, there's nothing to do in Springfield, Missouri.
Pictures to be posted in the Post a Picture of Yourself topic.
Yeah, my brother went to college in Springfield. I thought maybe all these years later it would be more exciting but apparently not. :(
Kathy0
OK

Post by Kathy0 »

Welp you know you're a Minnesota girl when you run outside wearing a T-shirt and Shorts and barefooted and its -0 F outside. O:) \:D/ O:)