Life, life

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

I just bought myself a Canon Rebel T5i!

I've only gotten to use it a tiny bit but I'm looking forward to using it more. I mostly got it for taking better pictures for my blog, Mechanical Malarkey.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Nice, Dan! :D I hope you have lots of fun with your new camera.

I had a new and scary experience the other day - I was at the dentist, getting two cavities filled (not good) when suddenly the power went out (really not good!) It only lasted maybe 5 seconds, but it was just long enough for me to start worrying how long I might have to sit there with my mouth open, waiting for my dentist to be able to finish the work! :shock:

Today I spent most of the day with a good friend and her two little girls. I haven't been able to visit much lately, since our schedules don't usually combine very well, so that was awesome! :D
Old Brad
I've been working out

Post by Old Brad »

Dan... I'm totally jealous! Also, I enjoyed perusing your blog. It's interesting to see some of the similarities of things that you've see in your shops and what I've seen in my shop..
“For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him."
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I had a busy day, with church stuff all morning, and then a birthday party in the afternoon. My best friend's boys both have summer birthdays, and so does one of her nieces, so they do a family party all together, since a lot of the same people would be invited anyway and it can be hard to find a date that works for everybody, not to mention three days within a month! That was fun - the kids had a great time, and it was nice to catch up with people.
Old Brad
I've been working out

Post by Old Brad »

Crazy stuff is happening lately. The next few weeks are going to be especially crazy for numerous reasons. For one thing two of the tire techs are quitting to go to school. That makes 4 gone in the past month. Until we get more guys in work is going to be super crazy. Another thing is that, after 7 months of searching, my cousin and I finally found an apartment that we can call home base! We will be moving in sometime in the next couple of weeks, which is made even more crazy because of the fair that's going to be going on in the town we're moving to. Sadly, due to all of this stuff going on, I won't be able to build my computer as soon as I was hoping to, but ah well.. Priorities..
“For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him."
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Yay! I'm so glad that you and your cousin found an apartment! :D That's great news! I hope they find more people at your work soon, since losing that many people does sound super crazy. :mad:

I did a short road trip just for fun with a friend on Saturday, which was fun. We did 6 hours of driving round trip to do a little shopping and eat ice cream just to hang out and have fun! Good times. It was good friend talk time. :D
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Well, I'm in my junior year at college in Michigan, and kinda getting tired of school. So maybe that's part of the reason I decided to return to the ToO and see what's up. Also I got sick of facebook, but at the same time have been realizing the potential for some sort of community online.

I don't really remember what sort of stuff I used to post in this thread, but anyway, I just finished playing racquetball with a friend and am now preparing to go to dinner and then do homework. In other words, I'm living the student life. However, this year I have a pretty cool job working for the college horticulturalist, and am getting more involved with tutoring at the local public schools, so I'm excited about that.

So yeah. Seems like there's some new people around here so feel free to introduce yourself if you want!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Hey ric! I remember those university days where it feels like the essays will never end! :mad: They eventually do. ;) It's great to see you back on the ToO, whatever the motivation! What do you do working for a horticulturist? That sounds potentially interesting!

Today I painted my bedroom and realized how much work painting is and decided to never do my own painting every again! I'm sure I will change my mind by the next time painting is necessary, since it can be expensive to hire professionals, but wow, it is so much work!
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

Got married n moved to Nashville and stuff. Probably going to move to Minnesota. I miss cold weather.
he/him | a little stinker.
Old Brad
I've been working out

Post by Old Brad »

We have some cold weather here in Michigan...
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Catspaw wrote:Hey ric! I remember those university days where it feels like the essays will never end! :mad: They eventually do. ;) It's great to see you back on the ToO, whatever the motivation! What do you do working for a horticulturist? That sounds potentially interesting!
Hey Catspaw! It's not super interesting, we just water and maintain the plants and trees around campus and occasionally set up floral arrangements for events and stuff. I enjoy it though.
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

Brad wrote:We have some cold weather here in Michigan...
Indeed. I don't know how I'm going to survive winter.
"And the fire with all the strength it hath."
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Are you guys both in Michigan? Me too. I'm pumped for winter.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

ric wrote:
Catspaw wrote:Hey ric! I remember those university days where it feels like the essays will never end! :mad: They eventually do. ;) It's great to see you back on the ToO, whatever the motivation! What do you do working for a horticulturist? That sounds potentially interesting!
Hey Catspaw! It's not super interesting, we just water and maintain the plants and trees around campus and occasionally set up floral arrangements for events and stuff. I enjoy it though.
That sounds like a decent job! Having a job you enjoy goes a long way! :D

I'm enjoying not having snow yet, but I don't mind the thought that it's coming!
Old Brad
I've been working out

Post by Old Brad »

ric wrote:Are you guys both in Michigan? Me too. I'm pumped for winter.
Yeah, I live about an hour north of Detroit. I'm ready for winter too!
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

ric wrote:Are you guys both in Michigan? Me too. I'm pumped for winter.
Yeah, I moved here earlier this year. It's the furthest north I've lived in a long time, so I'm half dreading and half excited for winter. My dad gave me his ancient cross country skis, so I'm hoping to try those out. Do you have any suggestions as far as outdoor winter activities go?
"And the fire with all the strength it hath."
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

I just go to school here, so I haven't done a whole lot in the winters. Other than freezing my face off while walking to classes. And sledding sometimes. Although legitimate changes in elevation are hard to find around here.

Get a scarf probably.
Old Brad
I've been working out

Post by Old Brad »

So amidst my busy work schedule and general life stuffs I have been working on building myself a desk. When I moved I had made the decision to acquire a desk, but I wasn't finding what I wanted at the price I wanted. Therefore I decided to manufacture my own. Last night I finally finished it and, although I haven't got it moved in, I am quite excited to use it!

*EDIT* Not sure why it's not showing the whole thing.. Right click on the picture and open image in new tab if you want to see the whole thing..
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Whoa, that's pretty impressive, Brad! :D Way to go for building it yourself! It looks great - I never would have known if you hadn't said you made it yourself, which to me is a good sign. If I built a table.....people would know it wasn't bought in a store. ;)
Old Brad
I've been working out

Post by Old Brad »

Thank you! Though if you saw it in person you'd be able to tell - I used a door for the desktop. :p