Life, life

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Dredge
Classic

Post by Dredge »

Awwwwwwww! Congratulations! Always happy to see fresh blood on the world scene!
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not ignorance. It's that they know so much that isn't so." ---President Ronald Reagan
MericaBlog is the new joint Tumblr used by me and a couple friends.
GJ
Pilgrim

Post by GJ »

What a blessing, Laura! And I love his outfit. I'm with Catspaw in saying Captain Adorable is a fine title indeed. :D
When was his birth date again?
"To know whether truth is actually true or just an imposter, give it some licorice." -Wooton Basset
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

GJ wrote:What a blessing, Laura! And I love his outfit. I'm with Catspaw in saying Captain Adorable is a fine title indeed. :D
When was his birth date again?
I didn't say. O:) Heheh. It was last month sometime. ;)
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Kathy0
OK

Post by Kathy0 »

O. M. W. SO ADORABLE *faints*
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Yesterday I went to see a reflexologist for the first time ever, so that was interesting! They use pressure points on your feet, and I think my neck and shoulders (a long-time problem area for me) do feel better after my appointment, but I'm not booking again until it's been a little longer.

We also celebrated Father's Day yesterday, since that worked out better this year, but we're still having pie today too. Yum! I'm so glad that my dad raised me to like lots of the same kinds of food that he does! ;)
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Father's day pie. \:D/ I ended up making Strawberry and Lemon Meringue this time. Ending up eating that and watching baseball so it was a good day.

Just pulled a blueberry carrot cake out of the oven which is smelling really good.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Parakeet
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Parakeet »

Today I made no-bake cookies! :p

I have been going through my room and getting rid of a LOT of stuff and donating most of it during the last couple days :mrgreen:
Hmmm... I see we should have followed the trend and eaten pie for Father's Day. We only had hot dogs :boohoo: \:D/
Don't you
remember
the SNOWFLAKES.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

We followed the pie trend. \:D/ I had no idea it was so widespread! My mom asked my dad what he wanted for dessert for Father's Day, and he loves saskatoon pie, so that's what we had. We usually do cake, but not this year.

Yesterday evening I went to visit my best friend, and got to go along to her six-year-old's swimming lessons. Fun times! He loves to swim, so the teacher's biggest issue was to convince him to stay with the group instead of wandering off to deeper water! :lol:
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

HEATWAVE.

So hot (30+ degrees) with high humidity. .it's impossible to survive over here :(
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Marvin D. wrote:HEATWAVE.

So hot (30+ degrees) with high humidity. .it's impossible to survive over here :(
I don't know what that translates to in silly American temperature, but its like 90-ish here and I was outside doing manual labor all afternoon. :boohoo: Not fun. :(
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Your temperatures are around the same, but the humidity can definitely make a difference! Manual labour outside sounds terrible to me any day, not to mention on a hot day! I cannot handle high heat and humidity like that....and I'm currently experiencing below-average temperatures, so I will just say that I'm glad I'm not near Marvin or Top right now. ;)

I've been crazy busy lately, and today wasn't quite as busy (as in, I had time to run errands! Yay!) ;) so that was really good.
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Post by Stop Wooton' Around »

It's been awhile since I poked my head in...apparently ToO members are having babies!!!! (Congrats Laura).

In the Fall, I will be a senior in college which is crazy. I have traveled the world a tiny bit and am enjoying my second internship in Maine/New Hampshire (which is a bit away from my home in Indiana). Life has been a whirlwind, but I have grown as a person and learned (still learning) lots of stuff and things.
Kathy0
OK

Post by Kathy0 »

I just wanted yall to know.... I am published!!!!!!!!!!! I entered one of my Poems in a Nationwide contest in January and then I forgot about it. Whale I got the letter today and I am officially an author!!!! I still can NOT believe it. My poem will appear in a book titled "Treasures" that the company sends out. I cant believe it, it was a large contest and I never expected to be published! :D *dances* Anywho I just wanted to let yall know!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Congratulations, Kathy! \:D/ That's awesome! :D I've really enjoyed reading the poems that you have shared on the ToO, so it's easy for me to believe that you're getting a poem published. :yes:
Kathy0
OK

Post by Kathy0 »

Thanks, Catspaw, I still cant believe it myself. :D

http://www.libraryofpoetry.com/treasured.html
here is the link to the book on the site.
Parakeet
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Parakeet »

Wow, congrats Kitkat! That's awesome! You are so talented at writing poems =D>

I had my first real babysitting job last night! It was a blast and I loved every second of it \:D/
Was supposed to have soccer practice this morning but they cancelled it because it is RAINING :x
Don't you
remember
the SNOWFLAKES.
Old Brad
I've been working out

Post by Old Brad »

I feel like it's been a while since I've popped in...
Life is crazy right now, I got lent to another store for the past week and a half. That was interesting...

Still looking for an apartment as I have the past few months.

Oh and this next week my family are going on vacation.. sadly I can't be with them in person, though I am with them in other form. (I can explain if you really must know..)
“For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him."
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I hope you find an apartment soon, Brad! And of course you must explain about the vacation thing - now you've made me curious! :mad:

I spent a lovely day sleeping in, reading, spending time with family, and generally having a wonderful day! :D
Old Brad
I've been working out

Post by Old Brad »

Well... Since you insist... :P

It started last year, I was unable to go on vacation with my family due to work. It's worth noting that this is basically the first time I've ever had to miss out on a family vacation. To compensate, they took one of my graduation pictures with them.
They took various pictures like this to include me in the vacation.

This year they decided to kick it up a notch.
“For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him."
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

:lol: Oh my! It looks like you have an awesome family, Brad! I like the idea of bringing a picture along, but they have really gone above and beyond for this year! I hope "you" have a great vacation with your family while the boring old regular you has to go to work and stuff. :(

In other news, I saw a bear today! :shock: I was driving home from work and suddenly realized that there was a black bear walking through the ditch next to me! I tapped the brakes but decided I was better off continuing on my way. ;) He looked like he was heading for the bush on the other side of the ditch, so I probably wouldn't have gotten a picture anyway.