Google's name change!

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Trixie Belden
Honourary Narnian
Honourary Narnian

Google's name change!

Post by Trixie Belden »

Extra, extra! Google has "officially" changed it's name to "Topeka!" Yes, as in Kansas. Apparently, they decided to do this after the governor of Kansas changed the capital city to "Google".

Here's the article, taken straight from the Google--sorry, TOPEKA, blog:

http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2010/04/ ... -name.html

April Fools!
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

Good one! :D
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Jason Whits Son
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Jason Whits Son »

They really did change it on their site though. April Fools or not.......
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

Yeah, they started it last month, it's not a prank. They want free internet from Google. \:D/
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

:lol: Google has always had good ideas!

It's a Twitter trending topic, and Twitter describes it as "Google changed its logo to read Topeka to avoid confusion with the city in Kansas that changed its name to "Google" in a bid for the company's fiber network experiment (April 1)." I love that they don't give it away! \:D/
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Over the Rainbow
Blissfully Oblivious

Post by Over the Rainbow »

I love Google! it always is doing something snazzy with its logo. :yes:
Sam15
Gold Member

Post by Sam15 »

I really dislike the name that they changed it to
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

My favorite joke thus far is YouTube's TEXTp. Favorite to the point where I really, really hope they keep it as a joke feature. Because of awesomeness.
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.