Earthquakes

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Earthquakes

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Is it just me, or does it seem that there are more earthquakes happening?

Turkey

I remember once a friend saying "I feel arrogant... is it just me or does it seem there are more occurences of cancer?" Seems like that with these earthquakes... Though I hate how the news handles it. One headline on an internet site... *jaw drop* I realize Turkey is much more stable then that of Chile and Haiti... but still, its much bigger than some news report on Iraq... seriously, that happens every day. What about what is out of the ordinary? (I know that thousands of earthquakes happen everyday... but with enough power to be destrictive?)
Moontide
No way I broke the window

Post by Moontide »

It is not just you.
CookieMonster
Me want cookies
Me want cookies
Location: Attempting to be like the mind of Jack Alan and Jesus Christ

Post by CookieMonster »

Earthquakes are a natural phenonmanon and part of how God putthe world together. However when an earthquake becomes destructive and people are involved thats when they are bad...

I do however like the way the world's weather has been over the past few years as it's a sign that Christs return is soon!:)

I'm Connie Ks'. Online Cookie Monster :)
StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

Every time I read this I want to act like Chicken Little.

Ah! The world is falling down! The world is falling down :mad:
~Forever at her Savior's side.~
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

Earthquakes have been happening a lot more recently.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Skid
Still standing tall

Post by Skid »

We've had more than the average number of earthquakes recently, I haven't seen them breaking any records for seismic activity though.
MAINE
I've been here a bit

Post by MAINE »

I think there is something in the Bible about bigger earthquakes in the ends time.

Remember the Alamo!!!!
Remember 9/11

Join Campbell County Message Board - http://ccmb.forum-motion.com/forum.htm
CookieMonster
Me want cookies
Me want cookies

Post by CookieMonster »

Actually we are having earthquakes at the normal rate... however they are more publicized because the earths population is increasing so more housing is needed and people are building more and more along the fault lines. As for earthquakes in the bible here's the best passage i've found as it describes todays world!!!

Matthew 24:4-15 (New International Version)

4Jesus answered: "Watch out that no one deceives you. 5For many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am the Christ,[a]' and will deceive many. 6You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. 7Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8All these are the beginning of birth pains.

9"Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me. 10At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, 11and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. 12Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, 13but he who stands firm to the end will be saved. 14And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

A Jehovah's Witness or something came by today and told us about how the world will be ending soon because the earthquakes and such.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
CookieMonster
Me want cookies
Me want cookies

Post by CookieMonster »

Any time there's a natural disaster the JW's use it as a platform for converts because people will be scared but remember Jeus said...

Mark 13:5-8 (New International Version)

5Jesus said to them: "Watch out that no one deceives you. 6Many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am he,' and will deceive many. 7When you hear of wars and rumors of wars, do not be alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. 8Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be earthquakes in various places, and famines. These are the beginning of birth pains.

Moontide

Post by Moontide »

An heavy earthquake hit the Philippines. :shock:
Over the Rainbow
Blissfully Oblivious

Post by Over the Rainbow »

Moontide wrote:An heavy earthquake hit the Philippines. :shock:
Bless that country. Our Lord Jesus Christ could be coming.
ShadowSa1nt
SS Random
SS Random

Post by ShadowSa1nt »

The amount of earthquakes that are causing damage does seem to be increasing. I wonder where the next on will hit? :-k
Moontide

Post by Moontide »

The amount of earthquakes that are causing damage does seem to be increasing. I wonder where the next on will hit? :-k
The one in the Philippines was 5 point something. But it didn't damage anything.
Sam15
Gold Member

Post by Sam15 »

Do you know the next earthquake that happens in Hatie is supposed to be bigger than the one that just happend. And earthquakes have been happening a lot more rescently but God has a plan for all of this!!!
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Nathan Baker wrote:Do you know the next earthquake that happens in Hatie is supposed to be bigger than the one that just happend.
Source?