So I Need Ideas. . .

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

So I Need Ideas. . .

Post by Marvin D. »

. . .and who's better to ask? :p

So for Literature, I need to write a one-act play (basically takes place in the same place, like The Underring Instinct by Thornton Wilder), and it's idea time. And we're allowed to get opinions, so. . .what would be a basic idea and setting that'd make a good short play? Best idea gets $20 \:D/

Note: I have the right to not use any of these, combine some parts from a few, or yell at you and call your ideas lame. (Fine, maybe not the last one.)

And if you take too long/I get a brainstorm first, tough beans :-
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

For that type of project, one thing that I've always found interesting is making a modern day version of a part of the Bible, like: http://www.thetoo.com/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=29115

Not just to promote my own short story, I just think that kind of thing in general is cool. ;) Just don't totally rip me off, man! :x
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

*copies it and is done with assignment* \:D/

Uhm. . .I meant I'll go look at it and see if it's a possible idea!

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

If you decide to go that route at all with any biblical story, but find yourself running into a brick wall, feel free to bounce some ideas off of me or whatever--I love trying to come up with ways for things to work from ancient to modern times. >_>
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

Do you care what time period it take place in? :-k
*insert provocative quote here*
~JCGJ~
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

You could make it have a really cheesy and thin plotline, like... Ok. You can have these people on a boat (A three hour tour... ;) :D jk) and people get thrown off one by one, until there's only one person left. Oh! And then that person forgot to ask someone how to drive the boat, so he's stuck by himself with no way to get back to shore.
Watcha think?;D :D :D :D
They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Graces4you
Love to love
Location: Somewhere in a Beautiful Valley That everyone ought a see.

Post by Graces4you »

Write one about a bumbling detective that always trips over his coat. When a person hires him to solve a case of a runaway group of orphans..... you get to finish the sentence if you use it for your play.

Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

I suppose, but it's supposed to be something with minimal props and scenery (like tables and a chair), and about 3 characters :yes:

Graces4you
Love to love
Location: Somewhere in a Beautiful Valley That everyone ought a see.

Post by Graces4you »

Well I have another idea, It could be about a guy and a lady that are riding the feris wheel together, but the guy is scared of heights and it's his birthday and he's trying not to freak out. That would only take 2 people and chairs.

Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Heh! I like that one :p I did finish writing my rough draft for my satirical and sarcastic play (figures I'd do something like that), but I like these ideas I'll probably start a million of these and never finish them! \:D/

Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

Gideon wrote:Well I have another idea, It could be about a guy and a lady that are riding the feris wheel together, but the guy is scared of heights and it's his birthday and he's trying not to freak out. That would only take 2 people and chairs.
This made me laugh. :hilarious:

I would LOVE to see this play....

\:D/
Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

You could do a "movie set" with just chairs. You take a seemingly simple story (a chef poisons someone, for example), and have an over bearing director yell "Cut" at the end of every scene. He then instructs the actors to do the scene again, but in a different way. (Sped up, slowed down, over emotional, over dramatic, in falsettos, monotonic etc.)
It's been awhile, hasn't it?
~JCGJ~
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

You could always do the world famous drama class cop out.

A man (or woman) walks into the doctor's office, just for a check-up, and sits down in the waiting room. Someone else soon walks in, sneezing horribally (sp). The first man begins sneezing too. Someone else walks in, itching like crazy. The first man also begin itching like crazy. (He is now both itch and sneezing.) Then someone else walks in who keeps twitching uncontrolably (sp). The man begins twitching as well. (You can add as many symtoms as you want, change some around, etc.) At the end, a pregnant lady walks in (with a large pillow under her shirt), and she is going into labor. The man runs, screaming, out the door.
They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

Adonibezek wrote:You could do a "movie set" with just chairs. You take a seemingly simple story (a chef poisons someone, for example), and have an over bearing director yell "Cut" at the end of every scene. He then instructs the actors to do the scene again, but in a different way. (Sped up, slowed down, over emotional, over dramatic, in falsettos, monotonic etc.)
Ahh... best camp skit ever... \:D/
he/him | a little stinker.
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

Steve wrote:
Adonibezek wrote:You could do a "movie set" with just chairs. You take a seemingly simple story (a chef poisons someone, for example), and have an over bearing director yell "Cut" at the end of every scene. He then instructs the actors to do the scene again, but in a different way. (Sped up, slowed down, over emotional, over dramatic, in falsettos, monotonic etc.)
Ahh... best camp skit ever... \:D/
reminds me of the good ol' Camp Days \:D/
Mimi
Animatronic

Post by Mimi »

I'd love to see that!