RockMelt (Chrome v.2)

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
American Eagle
Chief of Police
RockMelt (Chrome v.2)

Post by American Eagle »

I've been using RockMelt (which is based on the same code as Chrome) for a few weeks, and I don't think I'll ever be able to switch back. The same awesomeness as Chrome, but with Facebook integration, a sidebar, "View Later", etc. \:D/

http://www.rockmelt.com/

Anyone else use it/heard of it?
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Mark Prescott
Still standing tall

Post by Mark Prescott »

Does it have apps like chrome?
~Mark Prescott~
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Mark Prescott wrote:Does it have apps like chrome?
Yep. All extensions, themes and apps from the Chrome Web Store also work in RockMelt.

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Mark Prescott
Still standing tall

Post by Mark Prescott »

Oh my goodness! :mad: I downloaded it. Never going back.
~Mark Prescott~
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

The name is really dumb.
Mark Prescott
Still standing tall

Post by Mark Prescott »

Really, really, really dumb. But the browser is actually not as bad as the name.
~Mark Prescott~
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

bookworm wrote:The name is really dumb.
Agreed; they just chose it at random, too. As Mark is probably finding out, though, once you get used to RockMelt's new features, it's hard to go back. ;)

Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

I wonder if it's on iOS platforms. Let me go check.

EDIT: :x I just got the app and then promptly deleted it. You have to have a Facebook to use it! :mad: (and no, I'm not getting one either.) It looked great though....
Last edited by Lee on Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

\:D/
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

Like Lee said, it looks like a great browser, however I will not be getting it due to the Facebook requirements.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I might try it, but I like my dinosaur IE and default Safari on Macbook! :x
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Lee wrote:You have to have a Facebook to use it! :mad: (and no, I'm not getting one either.)
Sapphire wrote:I will not be getting it due to the Facebook requirements.
Neanderthals. :x

Yeah, I forgot to mention the requirement to have a Facebook because I just assume everyone has Facebook. >_>

Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

What if:
(a) someone's parents won't let them have Facebook
or
(b) I don't want my life to be taken up by it.
?

American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Lee wrote:What if:
(a) someone's parents won't let them have Facebook
I had to wait until after I was 13 to join the ToO, and 15 for Facebook. Everybody has their guidelines. That's between you and your parents.
Lee wrote:(b) I don't want my life to be taken up by it.
You act like Facebook is a monster waiting to gobble up your life. ;) It's not. It's what you make of it.

Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

American Eagle wrote:
Lee wrote:(b) I don't want my life to be taken up by it.
You act like Facebook is a monster waiting to gobble up your life. ;) It's not. It's what you make of it.
;) I don't think it's a monster. Or a bad thing, really. I just would rather not at this point. :yes: It can actually be a depressing thing in some cases. My mom had one for awhile and it was always really sad to see pictures of people she grew up with that are far from God and living a really sad life.

But you are absolutely right. It's not Facebook, it's what you do with it.

Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Our family has a Facebook account that we all have access to, (the older kids I mean, plus mom and dad) and we basically just use it to post family updates and keep up with our far away and Facebook obsessed family and close friends :)
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

I would get it, but the some of the stuff I've seen looks way to cumbersome. I wouldn't even use most of the features that it comes with. :P

Facebook is overrated by the people who use it, and underrated by the people who don't use it. \:D/ So profound, aren't I? As JP said, it's great for keeping in touch with people. As AE also said, it's what people make of it. Lots of the users on FB use it way to much. It's not your real life. Why waste your real life just trying to keep your internet life chuggin' along smoothly. And I could go on and on. But then people would get mad and say "let's put this in CCDS". :P
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

I think a Facebook topic in CCDS would be interesting. :)

Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Come to think of it, that would be a good debate.
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

Someone go start one then!

Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Debate started!