Sports Discussion The Good The Bad And The C'mon Man!

Formerly Baseball Discussion: Latest Headlines.

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

American Eagle wrote:
Knight Fisher wrote:As the Heat proved early last year, big names don't win ballgames.
They won the third most games in the entire league. That's not enough?
No, it’s not.
They were promised at least 8 championships.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Would you guys be interested in doing a contest of Around the Horn? Winner gets $25 buckeroos.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I don’t know what that is.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

C'mon Man! The Cubs have a new manager. Dale Sveum. While I have nothing against the guy. To say we want a person with Big League managing experience. And then have none of the candidates ever actually manage. (Well he managed 12 regular season games. And got swept in the playoffs.) C'mon man.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Um...the Cubs aren't exactly a team who needs a manager with experience. All they need is a good manager. So what if it takes a few years to break him in. They've got time. :p
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Post by Stop Wooton' Around »

I can contribute to the Bad. I'm a Colts fan.

But on to the good, Cincinnati Bearcats. 1st in the Big East in football. Starting qb got injured but our back-up is a best. And in college ball, well we won the 1st two games!!!!
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

bookworm wrote:
American Eagle wrote:
Knight Fisher wrote:As the Heat proved early last year, big names don't win ballgames.
They won the third most games in the entire league. That's not enough?
No, it’s not.
They were promised at least 8 championships.
Wade already has his ring from when they beat the mavericks WITHOUT bron bron or bosh. The finals just resulted in lebron breaking down....again. I've ceased to care about that kid but my miami heat is definitely going to win another championship.

Woahbe Bryant vs MV3 for the finals all day son!

That is...if there's even a season.
Last edited by EK on Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

EK wrote: That is...if there's even a season.
I highly doubt it. The owners and players are doing the old :pysche: So until someone :surrender: Get ready for football.
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Well doubt no more Knight Fisher... THE NBA REACHED A TENTATIVE AGREEMENT!!!!! meaning the owners and the players agreed and it will go through as long as the vote goes through. So we get a 66 game season startiing Christmas. GO BULLS!!!!
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Exactly GO BULLS!!! Suh is officially the C'mon man of the year. Wow.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I love Suh. \:D/ I'm sorry, Bears, Packers and Vikings fans, but I'd rather be a tough, "dirty" team than the lame team we've been for the last decade. :P Drafting Suh was one of the best moves Detroit has made in its history.

(I'm okay with a one-game suspension, though.)
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

I never thought he was "dirty" either until he started stomping on opposing players!
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I personally think he was mad, and was just stomping his foot like a 4-year-old throwing a temper tantrum. I doubt he even knew the guy's arm would be there. (Which obviously was a bad move, either way.)

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

I'm fine with making tough hits. But when you intentionally try to hurt someone... Play as rough as you want. That wasn't rough, it was dangerous.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

...has anyone ever been injured by someone stepping on their arm?

...anyone?

Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Remember Albert Haynesworth?
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Stomping on a guy's EXPOSED HEAD is a lot different than back-kicking an offensive linemen's bicep. Haynesworth's act was one of the worst in recent football years. I just watched the Suh video a few more times, and I do think he intentionally stomped on him in frustration. This was a shameful act and I do think he should be fined/suspended if the league sees fit.

Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Yeah we are agreed.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

ESPN said he'll likely be getting a two-game suspension, potentially more. I'm hoping for two games.

In other news, TEBOW is 5-1 and won his second overtime thriller. \:D/ He, for sure, is now in MVP consideration, especially if his Broncos can stay in the playoff picture. Taking over for a 1-4 team and leading them to 5/6 wins is incredible.

*goes to vote Tebow in the Pro Bowl*

The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

LOLZ Bengals beat the Browns. \:D/

...and since the Texans will likely be on a third string quarterback when we play them in two weeks, we have a good shot at them, too. As long as the Bengals don't fold for the Rams or Cardinals I think a wildcard spot is fairly likely. Although a win over the Steelers or Ravens would make it all a lot better.