Sports Discussion The Good The Bad And The C'mon Man!

Formerly Baseball Discussion: Latest Headlines.

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Did anyone else see the Penguins/Flyers game last night? That was unlike anything I’d ever seen. I’ve seen some chippy hockey games before, but nothing like that.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Dr. Watson and I did! Oh my word, that was just getting ridiculous. :lol:
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

It's been a nasty round in practically every series so far! Brenden Shanahan needs to put in a revolving door to facilitate the traffic. ;) As a Canucks fans, I was very displeased to see the late hit on Henrik Sedin during their last game, especially since no penalty was even called. After watching somebody's head bounce off the ice (in this case one of my favourite players!) I expect at least a penalty. :x I admit to being a little biased, but still, it was a dirty hit. There's been a lot of cheap stuff going on.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

The NFL schedule is out. And Thursday Night Football stinks. >_>
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

The Lions have a game on a Saturday night, two on Sunday night, one on Monday night and one on Thanksgiving Day. \:D/
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

"The Cubs Way" apparently means, stink. This is just sad...
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Post by Stop Wooton' Around »

Reds ain't doing much better. Well besides beating you guys for the Reds 10,000 victory but for all the hype we have had its our offense that is struggling. Usually we have extremely good offense but not this year. Bulls lost which was really disappointing. I'm ready for the NFL draft.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

American Eagle wrote:The Lions have a game on a Saturday night, two on Sunday night, one on Monday night and one on Thanksgiving Day. \:D/
Bengals and Lions both have a more high profile season this year. We get the Monday night opening against the Ravens plus a Sunday night against Steelers.

Hopefully they won't wilt and die like they traditionally do in high profile games... but this is Dalton and Green's first shot at it.

Plus we get to play the Raiders in a home game. Interesting to see how the Bengals fans react to Carson Palmer's return to the stadium. \:D/ I think we are better off with Dalton but he left the team on stupid terms.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

The Cubs are "reportedly" trading Marlon Byrd to the Red Sox. \:D/ While Marlon is a great guy. He's got 3 hits this year. >_>

Voting for the MLB All-Star game has begun.

And Asante Samuel CB for the eagles, is reportedly available for a fifth or sixth round draft pick. He is currently 31, and is set to be paid over $10 million this year and next.

EDIT: Yikso, mikso! We have the 21st Perfect Game by Philip Humber of the White Sox. \:D/
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Humber gave some glory to God through it all...
Philip Humber wrote:I mean, I can’t even put it into words. I’m just so happy. There are so many good things happening right now. This just adds to the list. God is so good.
Congrats to him! \:D/
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Jeremy
Smile for the camera

Post by Jeremy »

The Coyotes have a chance to advance to the 2nd round for the first time ever tonight. \:D/ Unfortunately, the Blackhawks have just tied it 1-1 in the 3rd period.

Jeremy

EDIT: Chicago wins in OT. :( Still two more chances...
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Jeremy wrote:The Coyotes have a chance to advance to the 2nd round for the first time ever tonight. \:D/ Unfortunately, the Blackhawks have just tied it 1-1 in the 3rd period.

Jeremy

EDIT: Chicago wins in OT. :( Still two more chances...
YAYS! Blackhawks win! That's awesome.

And the Cubs management in a brilliant move decides to continue to stink. They will not call up Brett Jackson to play center. They will also not call up Anthony Rizzo at this point who is destroying Triple A. The Cubs Way.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

With the Red Wings out I’m rooting for my backup team, Boston. They had a good game yesterday but couldn’t get the win. Fortunately they pulled out an overtime win today to force a game seven.
Astronomer
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Astronomer »

Philadelphia Flyers are in the playoffs! Hurray!
My blog: http://www.jessericebooks.blogspot.com Where I talk about stuff and the book(s) I've published.
Jeremy
Smile for the camera

Post by Jeremy »

Coyotes win! Coyotes win! \:D/ It's the first time they've ever advanced to the 2nd round of the playoffs, since moving to Phoenix. \:D/

Jeremy
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Sad day. :( Blackhawks out.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

The Bruins better win tonight. :pray:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Jeremy wrote:Coyotes win! Coyotes win! \:D/ It's the first time they've ever advanced to the 2nd round of the playoffs, since moving to Phoenix. \:D/

Jeremy
I like Phoenix better than Chicago, so I will half-heartedly rejoice with you. ;) Even before their move, it was quite a few years since they had made it to the second round!

If Ottawa loses their game 7 tomorrow, I will have very little interest in the playoffs. :( The teams that I like best either didn't make the playoffs or have already made an early departure. :sniff:
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Catspaw wrote:If Ottawa loses their game 7 tomorrow, I will have very little interest in the playoffs. :( The teams that I like best either didn't make the playoffs or have already made an early departure. :sniff:
If Boston loses their Game 7 that’s how I’ll be too. I’ll still follow the playoffs, probably rooting for the Flyers, but I won’t have a real team in anymore.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

bookworm wrote:
Catspaw wrote:If Ottawa loses their game 7 tomorrow, I will have very little interest in the playoffs. :( The teams that I like best either didn't make the playoffs or have already made an early departure. :sniff:
If Boston loses their Game 7 that’s how I’ll be too. I’ll still follow the playoffs, probably rooting for the Flyers, but I won’t have a real team in anymore.
Ouch. :( Not a good OT for you tonight. ;) Better luck next year, Timmy Thomas. I'm not a Caps fan, but I like them better than Boston, so I'm okay with the results of this series. It was so close - all 7 games were one-goal games, with 4 of those going to OT.