Google Chrome problems

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Graces4you
Love to love
Location: Somewhere in a Beautiful Valley That everyone ought a see.

Google Chrome problems

Post by Graces4you »

Has anyone been having problems with Chrome? For the last 5 or 6 days everytime I load Chrome I get this messege when I type in the url for here
Google Chrome wrote:This webpage is not available
Google Chrome's connection attempt to www.thetoo.com was rejected. The website may be down, or your network may not be properly configured.
Here are some suggestions:
Reload this webpage later.
Check your Internet connection. Restart any router, modem, or other network devices you may be using.
Add Google Chrome as a permitted program in your firewall's or antivirus software's settings. If it is already a permitted program, try deleting it from the list of permitted programs and adding it again.
If you use a proxy server, check your proxy settings or contact your network administrator to make sure the proxy server is working. If you don't believe you should be using a proxy server, adjust your proxy settings: Go to the wrench menu > Options > Under the Hood > Change proxy settings... > LAN Settings and deselect the "Use a proxy server for your LAN" checkbox.
Error 102 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED): The server refused the connection.
This happens whenever I try to go to any website on Chrome, so I've been using the lovely, slow IE7(yeah I know it needs to be upgraded but I like IE 7) I don't have any problems with the ToO on IE but nothing happens on Chrome.
I've unistalled it and nothing happened help please!

Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Hmm, I'm using Chrome and haven't had issues. Can you give me your system specs?
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Graces4you
Love to love

Post by Graces4you »

I have a HP with Windows XP- no idea what model, anything else?

Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Hmm, do you have Mcafee? If not. Go to options, Under the hood, clear browsing data. And clear the cache and cookies.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Graces4you
Love to love

Post by Graces4you »

Nope no Mcafee, but that didn't work, everytime I turn on this computer a message pops up from one of my anti virus software- Google installer trying to Access the internet, allow or deny.

Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

And did you click allow or deny? You're probably going to have to go into your antivirus and put it on the good list for the firewall.
Graces4you
Love to love

Post by Graces4you »

I clicked Allow, I looked into it(this antivirus happpens to be apart of my firewall) and I coulden't find the program list so I could make it good.

Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

Google Chrome is amazing. It is my favorite browser to use, always has been.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

What anti-virus do you have?
Graces4you
Love to love

Post by Graces4you »

Never mind, it started working again today, when my mom asked me to show it to her, mothers have a way of making things work right when they go wrong, don't they ;)

Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Post by Stop Wooton' Around »

It's my dad that is that way. It's probably because he's a maintenance man so things decide to straighten up. What is also kinda frustrating when things aren't working and then you ask your parent for help and they fix it really quick.
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

That happened to me too, Grace, but I think for me it had something to do with the internet connection or the website. It's now working fine for me too. I'm glad your mom was able to fix it!
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis