Quotes about Love

Don't worry, they're not too sappy

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
IrishTiger
IrishTiger
IrishTiger

Quotes about Love

Post by IrishTiger »

• Love isn’t really love if it must be earned.

• “Love is one of the truest mysteries,” he said at last. “The truest and the deepest of all. One thing, Maerad; to love is never wrong. It may be disastrous; it may never be possible; it may be the deepest agony. But it is never wrong.” ~The Riddle by Croggon

• A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you. ~Elbert Hubbard

• Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that. ~ Martin Luther King Jr

• Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none. ~Shakespeare

• If you love and get hurt, love more.
If you love more and hurt more, love even more.
If you love even more and get hurt even more, love some more until it hurts no more...~Shakespeare.

• When you love someone, you love the person as they are, and not as you’d like them to be. ~Leo Tolstoy.

• Child, when do you think is the time to love somebody the most? When they done good and made things easy for everyone? Well, then, you ain’t through learning – because that aint the time at all. It’s when he’s at his lowest and can’t believe in hisself ‘cause the world done whipped him so! When you start measuring somebody, measure him right, child, measure him right. Make sure you done taken into account what hills and valleys he come through before he got to wherever he is. ~A Raisin in the Sun by Hansberry.

• Love lights more fires than hate can extinguish. ~Ella Wheeler-Wilcox

• You can love someone so much, but you can never love someone as much as you can miss them. ~John Green

• Trying to make sense of love is like trying to dissect a rainbow. ~ Coffeehouse Angel by Selfors

• The way to love anything is to realize that it might be lost. ~ G. K. Chesterton.

• ...that’s what love does, when it’s right – it makes you more than you were, more than you thought you could be. ~Allegiant by Roth

• Who, being loved, is poor? ~Oscar Wilde
~IrishTiger

2 Corinthians 12:10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. ~Robert Frost
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~Philo of Alexandria
Joshua 1:9