Favorite Ice Cream

How many flavors is enough?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

What is the best Ice Cream Flavor?

Chocolate
19%
Vanilla
14%
Rocky Road
14%
Mint Chip
10%
Other (sorry, there are waaay to many to list)
43%

Total votes: 21

One I Froggy
My posts are revolutionary

Favorite Ice Cream

Post by One I Froggy »

The other day I was shopping for ice cream...well it wasn't the only thing I was shopping for, but I was trying to pick out a flavor...and my family started bickering like there was no tomorrow over what flavor to get. One persons wants mint chip, another wants chocolate, another wants vanilla.
Now, I think if we were smart, we would get vanilla then add what we want to it. (No, I dont like vanilla)
So what do you guys think? Which flavor is the best? Is vanilla boring...or is it the basis of all good ice cream? Has anyone tried making home made icecream? And dont even get me started on Ice cream sandwiches. :drool:
Elf of Rivendell
random passerby elf
random passerby elf

Post by Elf of Rivendell »

My favoite is definitely chocolate. Then cookies & cream...then mint chocolate chip....and strawberry, too... And chocolate macadamia, of course. Like you said, the possibilities are endless.
One I Froggy

Post by One I Froggy »

Maybe that why I like ice cream so much. (I hated it when I was little. I think cold things scared me) The possibilities are endless. But then there are days where I don't want to make the decision. Its to hard. I think my all time favorite is Blue Moon, but I have a hard time finding it unless Im at summer camp.
Christian Cowgirl

Post by Christian Cowgirl »

No strawberry!? :(
I like any kind of ice cream as long as theres no chocolate in it.
I never make mistakes. I thought I did once, but I was wrong.
One I Froggy

Post by One I Froggy »

I like ice cream with real strawberries in it, like strawberry cheese cake or something that had strawberry chunks. I dont like just the flavor
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Christian Cowgirl wrote:No strawberry!? :(
I like any kind of ice cream as long as theres no chocolate in it.
I'm the opposite. For example, when I have vanilla ice cream I put enough chocolate syrup on so I have more syrup then ice cream.

-Jonathan
Jessicado
Love to love

Post by Jessicado »

I love chocolate--but I don't like chocolate ice cream....go figure! My favorite ice cream to go with things is Vanilla (like with strawberries or warm apple pie). For flavored ice creams, I love anything with toffee in it. Cookie Dough. Chunky Monkey. =P~
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Anything chocolate. Rocky Road, especially. \:D/

Ooh, Cookie Dough is good, too. :yes:
One I Froggy

Post by One I Froggy »

My brother buys cookie dough ice cream, them takes the chunks of cookie dough out of the icecream and bakes them into cookies. He's weird, but very creative when it comes to cooking. (have you ever had hamburger helper without the hamburger?) Well, anyways, no one would try the cookies cuz he sucked all the ice cream off of it...gross. He swears they were really good though.
Sarah
Someone's favorite

Post by Sarah »

I love mint chip, and cookie dough.

My dad bought me some for when I got my braces put on, and I ate practically the entire thing that day. :-&
I like cookies 'n cream too, but not as much as the two I posted before. :P

Sarah
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

My very favorite ice cream flavor is chocolate chip cookie-dough. I love that stuff! I also like vanilla and minty flavors, as well as walnut.
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

COOKIE DOUGH.....why couldn't you have added one more little option of cookie dough?.....ok, so we know what kind of ice cream I like now ;)

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

gimp80995 wrote: ok, so we know what kind of ice cream I like now ;)

Peace Out

-Gimp
We do? I must have missed that... :-s
One I Froggy

Post by One I Froggy »

I am very sorry gimp80995...i tend to forget the obviouse. I would add it, but you can't edit a poll. My deepest apologizies. #-o
gimp80995

Post by gimp80995 »

frogalwyz wrote:I am very sorry gimp80995...i tend to forget the obviouse. I would add it, but you can't edit a poll. My deepest apologizies. #-o
Donate 50$ to me and perhaps I'll forgive you ;)

kidding. It's all good..........now you rats have gotten me to thinking about ice cream so I must go to the store and purchase some. :D That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it.

Peace Out

-Gimp

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Me
An original

Post by Me »

So long as it doesn't have chocolate (it's wierd. I can eat chocolate on it, but I don't like chocolate in it) or coconut (or nuts)I will probably like it. I prefer to take vanilla and put various sauces on it. Strawberry and caramel usually go well. Magic shell chocolate is good too.
gimp80995

Post by gimp80995 »

Me wrote:So long as it doesn't have chocolate (it's wierd. I can eat chocolate on it, but I don't like chocolate in it) or coconut (or nuts)I will probably like it. I prefer to take vanilla and put various sauces on it. Strawberry and caramel usually go well. Magic shell chocolate is good too.
I know, I know, I'm getting off topic here..........so sue me......

you sound like me with pickles........I love picles.......just don't put them on the sandwich and we're fine.

back to ice cream to avoid any law suits.........

I like almost any ice cream flavor (except chocolate.........occasionally I can do chocolate syrup, but I don't like anything chocolate flavored, so I don't do so very often)..........but cookie dough is my ultimate favorite.........one of my former roomates and I soon discovered that I couldn't by mint n' chip and expect it to stay in the freezer for more than two days.........and she discovered the same thing about cookie dough.........we finally started buying our own ice cream.

Peace Out

-Gimp

Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Vanilla!!!

It's the BEST flavor! \:D/

And it's not bland or boring! :-k
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I adore chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream! However, I agree with Laura Ingalls that vanilla is good and un-boring as well. Sometimes when I have vanilla I eat it straight, but it's also good with strawberry syrup, or chocolate syrup, or with caramel syrup! And sprinkles! I like all the kinds of ice cream that I've tried (for sure more than a dozen) except for Tiger-Tiger. I didn't care for that one.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

frogalwyz wrote:I am very sorry gimp80995...i tend to forget the obviouse. I would add it, but you can't edit a poll. My deepest apologizies. #-o
Actually you can. And if not, pm an admin.

For some reason this discussion reminded me of a story. My band director loves blue moon ice cream. He went a long time without it, and one day finally bought some again after school. Well, to hear him tell it, he just couldn't wait, and while driving down the freeway towards home, he took out his credit card and used that as a spoon type thing to eat with while careening down the freeway at 70 mph.

It's nice to know how insane our teachers can be :p

-Jonathan