Throwback Thursday ... ToO Style

#TBT to old posts!

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Amethystic wrote:EDIT: *keeps reading old posts* O-oh... oh gosh... :huh: I've just encountered my thirteen-year-old self on the internet, and it's absolutely terrifying.
This makes me glad I was 18 when I started doing the forum thing. The worst thing about my early posts is I had this odd idea in my head that I needed to sign every post. Took almost a year to get over that.
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

Bren wrote:
Bren wrote:Am I the only one who didn't have sound on The Official Adventures in Odyssey Podcast video? If not does someone have the video with sound to send me?
At least me doing bold, purple italics didn't last long.
It could be so much worse than indigo. o.O
Marvin D.» 15 Jun 2014 02:35 pm wrote:
Marvin D. wrote:Aw, stop crying Curling! :x

:mecry: Bye once more Ricky boy....and Claudia too. :( When you eat a waffle, remember me!

BOB BOOTH! How dare you leave too! For good too! (And I nearly called ya by your real name, whoops. :- ) But yeah, sad for your leavin' (though you weren't around much ;)) But I'm not really sad you're leaving. \:D/ I still will continue to Skype you every single day! \:D/

OK....bye Bob! :cry:
I think I was addicted to smilies >.>
It's not Thursday anymore. :x

And I'm pretty sure almost every person new the the forum does a lot of smilies. The ToO has the most creative selections I've ever seen. And you know, they move. \:D/

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

TigerintheShadows wrote:I remember reading those threads. That was...interesting. ;)
Tiger's Archaic Posts wrote:I think it's kind of ironic that Trent is acting in a play about his maternal ancestor. (It would be even more so if he were acting as that ancestor, but then we wouldn't have DramaQueen!Mandy, now would we? :lol: )
I was really nervous about finding my first post, but it wasn't that miserable of an experience. I refuse to post any more of them, because that would cause intense pain in my fellow ToOers and just...no. :anxious:
You were a far, far better n00b than I was.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

Jonathan wrote:This makes me glad I was 18 when I started doing the forum thing. The worst thing about my early posts is I had this odd idea in my head that I needed to sign every post. Took almost a year to get over that.
I did the same thing. On the Town Hall I signed every post:

- Shadowpaw

And when I started The ToO I made a conscious effort to stop that. Part of it was that since the board generated money, I didn't want people to think I was adding that to every post to try and make more of it!
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

I never understood why people signed their posts. :anxious:

I mean, we know who wrote it because your name and avatar are RIGHT THERE.

Then again, I don't really understand why people sign text messages or Facebook comments either.
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Post by Smaug the Dragon »

Reading your old posts makes you realise that everything ever said about the immaturity of youth is true; and when I remember how many of my friends were dating at that age, I get scared.
Smaug wrote:Sess-shoe-mar-oo!
I was trying to win $5 by saying Lord Sesshoumaru's name.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

That's not bad :noway:

You should have seen me using punctuation excessively.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

Amethystic wrote:*looks up first page of posts*

*gags*

I'm, uh... I'm just going to leave the link here, in case anyone feels like they're short on blackmail material they can use against me: http://thetoo.com/search.php?st=0&sk=t& ... tart=15260

EDIT: *keeps reading old posts* O-oh... oh gosh... :huh: I've just encountered my thirteen-year-old self on the internet, and it's absolutely terrifying.
I'm not sure why, but your link doesn't work. Most of your old posts weren't too bad. Except maybe for the ones like this:
Amethystic wrote:I love all the old characters in this episode! :shocking: But isn't Jared a little young for the CIA? 8-) I mean, he's only Mandy and Liz's age!(Though maybe he's on some sort of scholarship there or something :proff: ) How do you crash a flight simulator?
:borg: :robot: :virus: Like that?

Who do you think Lucy will end up with? (If she ends up with anyone!)
"And the fire with all the strength it hath."
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

I'm actually somewhat elated that my second post appeared in this delightful thread.
Post by Sherlock » 28 May 2006 05:21 am

I have facts for those who think and arguments for those who reason. To organize my discussion, I suggest that we take one step back in the causal chain and promote peace, prosperity, and quality of life, both here and abroad. It may be obvious but should nonetheless be acknowledged that The Town of Odyssey is typical of muddleheaded loan sharks in its wild invocations to the irrational, the magic, and the fantastic to dramatize its shenanigans.

People have pointed out to me that The Town of Odyssey has no real regard for other people's rights, privacy, or sanity, but I still can't help but think that life isn't fair. We've all known this since the beginning of time, so why is The Town of Odyssey so compelled to complain about situations over which it has no control? This is an important question because you shouldn't let The Town of Odyssey intimidate you. You shouldn't let it push you around. We're the ones who are right, not The Town of Odyssey. Yes, I realize that it makes perfect sense that The Town of Odyssey doesn't want me to fight the good fight, but for the sake of brevity I've had to express myself in simplified terms. If anything, The Town of Odyssey's chums are quick to point out that because The Town of Odyssey is hated, persecuted, and repeatedly laughed at, it is the real victim here. The truth is that, if anything, The Town of Odyssey is a victim of its own success -- a success that enables The Town of Odyssey to truck away our freedoms for safekeeping. The sun has never shone on a more blockish and huffy organization than The Town of Odyssey. Am I being too harsh for writing that? Maybe I am, but that's really the only way you can push a point through to The Town of Odyssey.

In its annual report on horny incidents, the government concluded that The Town of Odyssey decries or dismisses capitalism, technology, industrialization, and systems of government borne of Enlightenment ideas about the dignity and freedom of human beings. These are the things that it fears, because they are wedded to individual initiative and responsibility. The Town of Odyssey will probably respond to this letter just like it responds to all criticism. It will put me down as "improvident" or "heinous". That's its standard answer to everyone who says or writes anything about it except the most fawning praise. In short, it ruffles my feathers that The Town of Odyssey wants to engage in the trafficking of human beings.

On a lighter note, I got a good laugh out of this. Thanks, all. :)
My first post was much less impressive, which is probably why I didn't bother showing up again on the ToO until the following year (because the TH was cooler? What?)
Post by Sherlock » 16 Oct 2005 11:34 pm
*Chuckles*

I'm trying quite hard not to be mad at Maddox right now....
And the Steelers defense as a whole was a lamentable thing.
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

Aeva wrote:I love that music video. Switchfoot did a good job.
So that is my first post on this forum, from the third of June, 2008. Wow, I'm kind of disappointed actually lol. How boring.

EDIT: And then I found this gem, although it's not my post. \:D/
SivartM wrote:The ToO is being destroyed by meteors! :mad:

Watch the meteors destroy our beloved ToO by clicking on this link!

Please respond with your feelings about the crater formerly known as the ToO.

I miss it so much... :(
Net Disaster might be the best website ever created.
Last edited by Aeva on Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
But break my heart, for I must hold my tongue. --Hamlet.
StrongNChrist ~ Remembered Forever <3
Men who kill without reason cannot be reasoned with. --Stoic the Vast
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
You have nice manners for a thief and a liar. --Smaug
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

Mine is boring...
EMBEE wrote:Yeah, I was wondering about that too. If they decide to do an adaption of Arin's Judgment, I'll be really curious to see how they'll handle the whole annihilation of the world and all the sickness and death, not to mention Wade's dream involving the skeleton. And also the fact that one boy brings destruction on an entire world.
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

Whitty Whit wrote:Google! \:D/
What a great way to start out.
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY