Happy Canada Day!

(to our neighbors in the Great White North)

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Happy Canada Day!

Post by Sherlock »

In Hono(u)r of our Illustrious Mayor, Board Administrator and other similarly prestigious members of the ToO community, let's wish our Canadian members a Happy Canada Day! For those living near the border, be sure to wave! \:D/

From the Huffington Post: Canada Had A Plan To Invade The U.S. (And 5 Other Facts You Didn't Know About The Great White North)
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Thank you, Sherlock! Clearly your time living not too far from the border has made you into an above-average human being. This does not surprise me at all. :yes:

HuffPo has given away all of our secrets! :shock:

I hope that everybody had a wonderful Canada Day!
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

Happy Canada Day to the wonderful ToO Canadians! :D
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

Thank you! It was a splendidly warm day up here, which made for some fantastic fireworks and celebrations!
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

I spent almost the entire day on a bus because large portions of the Trans-Canada highway in Manitoba and Saskatchewan were entirely flooded over. All the rain we've been getting is uncomfortably reminiscent of the flooding we had in Alberta last year. If I were the type to make self-absorbed statements, I might say that it's following me wherever I go. :(

Aside from Judgment Day-esque torrents of rain however, Canada is totally awesome. \:D/
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

Me and my roommates had to walk home at two in the morning after last night's Canada Day festivities because it took forever to catch a train with the overcrowding, and so the bus had stopped running by the time we made it to the right station. \:D/ It was cheaper and more exciting than waiting the same amount of time for a taxi. Strange people shouted stuff at us from their cars, but they were driving too fast to actually hear what they were saying. I got to live out my childhood dream of wandering around town in the dead of night, like some kind of punk or delinquent. :cool:

...Oh yeah, Canada Day itself was pretty good too. :- They had pretty fireworks in downtown Calgary. :yes:
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

Amethystic wrote:Me and my roommates had to walk home at two in the morning after last night's Canada Day festivities because it took forever to catch a train with the overcrowding, and so the bus had stopped running by the time we made it to the right station. \:D/ It was cheaper and more exciting than waiting the same amount of time for a taxi. Strange people shouted stuff at us from their cars, but they were driving too fast to actually hear what they were saying. I got to live out my childhood dream of wandering around town in the dead of night, like some kind of punk or delinquent. :cool:

...Oh yeah, Canada Day itself was pretty good too. :- They had pretty fireworks in downtown Calgary. :yes:
Hahaha, you must have been in the mob of people I felt sorry for! I live downtown, so I was able to just walk back to my place, but I've never seen the streets of Calgary so crazy!
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

Shadowpaw wrote:
Amethystic wrote:Me and my roommates had to walk home at two in the morning after last night's Canada Day festivities because it took forever to catch a train with the overcrowding, and so the bus had stopped running by the time we made it to the right station. \:D/ It was cheaper and more exciting than waiting the same amount of time for a taxi. Strange people shouted stuff at us from their cars, but they were driving too fast to actually hear what they were saying. I got to live out my childhood dream of wandering around town in the dead of night, like some kind of punk or delinquent. :cool:

Hahaha, you must have been in the mob of people I felt sorry for! I live downtown, so I was able to just walk back to my place, but I've never seen the streets of Calgary so crazy!
You were right to feel sorry for us. It was the worst during the last band's performance, right before the fireworks started. The music was horrible and the crowd consisted mainly of twitchy, thrashing twenty-somethings, many of them belching second-hand smoke clouds of questionable legality. The train platforms were terrible, too. Seriously, train car after train car would pull up and the doors would open, only for the people already crammed in there to just look at us and shake their heads sadly.

On the other hand, at least it was an adventure. :yes:
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

Amethystic wrote:You were right to feel sorry for us. It was the worst during the last band's performance, right before the fireworks started. The music was horrible and the crowd consisted mainly of twitchy, thrashing twenty-somethings, many of them belching second-hand smoke clouds of questionable legality. The train platforms were terrible, too. Seriously, train car after train car would pull up and the doors would open, only for the people already crammed in there to just look at us and shake their heads sadly.

On the other hand, at least it was an adventure. :yes:
Yeah the music kept dragging on and there were a couple of encores I could have done without. Whereabouts were you? It sounds like we were very close to each other... I was just on the balcony that overlooks the Bow just to the north west of the Harry Hays building. A direct view of the bridge from there.
Graces4you
Love to love
Location: Somewhere in a Beautiful Valley That everyone ought a see.

Post by Graces4you »

My mom bought donuts in honor of Canada day the other day, since we practically live in Canada \:D/

Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/