ToO Annual Fantasy Football - Year 4!

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Welcome, everybody! \:D/

This is VBS week at my church, so I'm a little swamped with things. But I will be reviewing this thread, considering suggestions and getting the league set up shortly!

One quick thing: do we want a live draft? If so, what part of the week works best for everyone?
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
E II
Animatronic
Post by E II »

I'd like a live draft so if im available I can do it live if I'm not I'll roll with auto draft. I would prefer live draft I'm available any time before August 7, after which I won't be availablele for 2 weeks
Last edited by E II on Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am confused
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Live draft was awesome last year. Any night after seven works best for me but I'm flexible.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Knight Fisher wrote:With the trading it's actually a review phase of two days not the waiver system. That's there so if AE wants to trade AP, and Tom Brady to Laura for Caleb Hanie the owners can veto it.
What owners? The League owner? AE can arbitrarily veto trades from the outside that the people actually involved have already accepted? And that's the reason for the delay?
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

No it takes four owners vetoing the trade to make it not go through.
Last edited by Knight Fisher on Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

So it's something that will never happen in our League and should be turned off if possible.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Current Players List
  1. American Eagle (Avid Echos) - confirmed
  2. Knight Fisher (Texas Staleys) - confirmed
  3. E II (Bench Coolers) - confirmed
  4. bookworm (bookworm's team) - confirmed
  5. Laura Ingalls (Winoka Warriors) - confirmed
  6. John Chrysostom (Constantinople Chrysostoms) - confirmed
  7. godisawesomeness99 - confirmed
  8. Jamesobie - email address needed - message me!
  9. Skylerbuck (Canadian Nationals) - unknown status
  10. EK (Gainesville Behemoths) - unknown status
  11. Stop Wooton Around & friend? (Southwood Knights) - unknown status
  12. ...teams available!
League setting change
The trade review for our league has been turned off for the 2014 season. There is no pressing need for it. However, intentionally making an uneven trade is strictly prohibited.

Draft info
Best times for a live draft:
AE: Thursday - Tuesday after 7PM EST
KF: Any night after 7PM
EII: Anytime? before August 7

Obviously, live drafts are difficult to coordinate, but we'll do our best. Please let me know if anyone has specific scheduling preferences.

As long as ESPN allows joint ownership of a team, I see no reason to ban it from our league. You all are welcome to invite a friend to play along.
Last edited by American Eagle on Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
E II
Animatronic
Post by E II »

By anytime I mean anytime between 12-10pm Pacific time on pretty much any day. Could go read earlier if that is relevant. However would not be good in evenings Friday or any of Saturday.
I am confused
John Chrysostom
No way I broke the window

Post by John Chrysostom »

I'm in again, live draft would be good. After 7 usually works for me, Tuesdays would be good. Wednesdays would not.
E II
Animatronic
Post by E II »

May I just put a date out there and say August 3rd?
I am confused
godisawesomeness99
Popsicle kid

Post by godisawesomeness99 »

Next monday would work for me I'm pretty sure.
Daniel- Seattle Pacific University '22
Music is how God speaks to me
I used to be here.... but now I'm probably not.... so yeah
John Chrysostom
No way I broke the window

Post by John Chrysostom »

Next Monday would work for me, Sunday would not
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Monday is about the only bad day this month for me. It would work if it was 8EST or later though. This is kinda early in terms of player evaluation though. The first depth chart hasn't even been released.
E II
Animatronic
Post by E II »

Well looks like I won't be there then :) I'll roll with auto draft like last year. Let's just hope I don't get any suspended players.
I am confused
godisawesomeness99
Popsicle kid

Knight Fisher wrote:Monday is about the only bad day this month for me. It would work if it was 8EST or later though. This is kinda early in terms of player evaluation though. The first depth chart hasn't even been released.
I had a draft on tuesday and it worked just fine. Just saying. :bolt:
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Yes it worked just fine. However if next week Tom Brady hurts his knee, or Jackson Smithfield becomes starting TE for the Browns it could ruin seasons before a preseason game of football has been played.
E II
Animatronic
Post by E II »

3rd or fourth week of preseason is best
I am confused
godisawesomeness99
Popsicle kid

Knight Fisher wrote:Yes it worked just fine. However if next week Tom Brady hurts his knee, or Jackson Smithfield becomes starting TE for the Browns it could ruin seasons before a preseason game of football has been played.
You could always drop players too. And if that did happen, that would suck, because cameron's my starting TE in another league. :lol:
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I think we should hold off for a few more weeks. The season begins on September 4. I'm thinking it would be best if we draft sometime between August 15 - 25. That allows time for more teams to join (if interested) and it also allows time to get our teams prepared for the year. \:D/

E II
Animatronic
Post by E II »

I get back around the 21st
I am confused