ToO Annual Fantasy Football - Year 4!

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Last week was epic all around. I lost, but it was really close until the second half of Monday Night Football.

Next week has a lot of playoff-implicating matchups as well. \:D/
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
E II
Animatronic
Post by E II »

Can i end bookworms undefeated season? And Keep my winning streak going?
I am confused
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

You definitely can, you’ve built a very impressive core lineup; this is going to be a great matchup! Though both of us are each missing at least two of our top players due to byes, so it could have been even better. But it’s going to be great nonetheless.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Constantinople Chrysostoms has 1 guy left to play tomorrow; I have one guy left to play. I'm ahead by 1 point; he's projected to win by 1 point.

This couldn't be much more dramatic. \:D/

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
E II
Animatronic
Post by E II »

that hurts
I am confused
John Chrysostom
No way I broke the window

Post by John Chrysostom »

You're just lucky I was busy this weekend and didn't notice Giovani Bernard was out, my bad obviously but still.

It'll be an interesting match up, my WR versus your RB who are both on the same team.
E II
Animatronic
Post by E II »

Well Bernard backup hill is awesome have him in another league. Bernard would just stay out next week hill has got this
I am confused
John Chrysostom

So close but I pulled it off in the end!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Week 9:
Player Moves:

Benched Rodgers for Foles
Benched McKinnon for Ellington
Benched Bailey for Parkey
Dropped Johnson
Dropped Lions D/ST
Dropped Colts D/ST
Dropped Dolphins D/ST for Bengals D/ST, played Bengals D/ST
Added Brandon LaFell (NE) WR
Added Brandin Cooks (NO) WR
Added Allen Robinson (JAC) WR
Benched Nelson for LaFell
Dropped Cooks for Redskins D/ST

Box Score:

bookworm:
Nick Foles - 6
Andre Ellington - 18
Mark Ingram - 23
Lamar Miller - 10
Antonio Brown - 20
Brandon LaFell - 11
Travis Kelce - 12
Bengals D/ST - 7
Cody Parkey - 8
Total: 115

Eugene:
Cam Newton - 12
DeMarco Murray - 8
Andre Williams - 10
Jamaal Charles - 14
Torrey Smith - 12
Malcom Floyd - 6
Rob Gronkowski - 16
Broncos D/ST - -1
Phil Dawson - 3
Total: 80
-- 04 Nov 2014 12:43 pm --

I’m still winning! O.O
Week 1 - vs Seattle King's (gia) 68-84
Week 2 - at Bench Coolers (Eugene) 126-75
Week 3 - at American Eagles (AE) 80-63
Week 4 - at Constantinople Chrysostoms (JC) 127-83
Week 5 - vs Winoka Warriors (Laura) 52-80
Week 6 - at Texas Staleys (KF) 115-91
Week 7 - vs Gainesville Behemoths (EK) 49-98
Week 8 - at Seattle King's (gia) 126-99
Week 9 - vs Bench Coolers (Eugene) 80-115
Week 10 - vs American Eagles (AE)
Week 11 - vs Constantinople Chrysostoms (JC)
Week 12 - at Winoka Warriors (Laura)
Week 13 - vs Texas Staleys (KF)
Week 14 - at Gainesville Behemoths (EK)
Week 15 - vs Seattle King's (gia)
I really can’t believe this one; it should not have been possible to pull this off. Check out the circumstances.

First, I’m going against a very solid team Eugene has put together. Even if I were at full strength it would have been a tough match. But I wasn’t, my two top players were on bye. So I have a backup QB and WR in, but I’m not worried about it because I picked up Foles back at the start of the season for this exact moment, to go in for me at my QB bye. So it’s looking good, he starts the game by immediately throwing a long touchdown. Then suddenly he leaves the game with an injury! I’m like you have to be kidding me, this is the one week I need him to play, I’m already down a level at QB because he’s my backup, now I’m at no QB?! His return is questionable, they’ll know more at halftime, I’m hoping he’s just a little banged up and after that rest he can go back in. The games go on. Amazingly, despite an abrupt halt in points at that position, the others are making up for it. My RBs are both blazing around the field, it’s looking like even if Foles can’t come back I may still be able to hold on. Then news that Foles is out for good. Thank goodness he got that score early so he at least gave me something! Now it’s imperative that my RBs keep up what they’re doing. One does, but I notice that the other suddenly stops doing anything. I eventually find out, to my disbelief, he went out with an injury too! I resign myself to my first defeat with no shame; it had to come sometime and this was entirely out of my hands. But somehow, through the performance situations that played out the rest of the day, I managed to hold on to the lead!

This is without question the most meaningful win for my team in my coaching career to date. We’re already at a disadvantage because of the byes, then lose not one but two players early to injury, both situations that individually would normally mean a sure loss and combined mean it’s absolutely hopeless, but still fought it out and not only kept it competitive but implausibly came out with the win in the end. I am elated!
Last edited by bookworm on Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

To be fair I'd like to point out:

bookworm's team 660 Points against. (8-0)

Texas Staleys 927 Points against. (2-7)

Seattle King's 914 Points against. (1-8)

Though also to be fair you do have the most points.
Last edited by Knight Fisher on Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

This is the week bookworm is going to fall.

John Chrysostom

Not a good start for you
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Not a good start for your face.

:anxious:

John Chrysostom

I'm sorry, I can't hear you, Marshawn Lynch just scored his 4th TD and got me 40 points just by himself.

Of course my best week comes when I'm facing EK
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

You're so close, AE!!!

Up until 10 minutes left in the game, I was going to win my matchup, courtesy of Cam Newton's 3 interceptions and 1 fumble. Alas, he just threw for a touchdown, so I'm going to lose. :( Boo.
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Heartbreaking losses for Laura and I. :(

Dominating effort by John's team... wow.

John Chrysostom

So close AE, I'll see if I can stop the juggernaut that is bookworm. I doubt I'll be able to replicate my gratuitous point total of this previous week. If only I had been facing bookworm instead of EK.
E II
Animatronic
Post by E II »

I won in Rob gronkowskis bye week woot! But cam meetings touchdown won me this game and lost me another one when my opponent had Kelvin Benjamin.
I am confused
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

The comeback continues. I'm coming for your playoff spot Laura.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
John Chrysostom

So according to both ESPN and FantasyPros Bookworm and I are predicted to be in a dead heat. Should be a close one, if only Marshawn Lynch would score 4 touchdowns again.