The Annual ToO Hockey League!

Who wants to join us?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

The Annual ToO Hockey League!

Post by Laura Ingalls »

For the 10th year running (!), some of us hockey fans on the ToO are joining together to play in a fantasy league this season. \:D/ We are looking for any new members who may be interested in joining us this year!
If you are into hockey and being competitive with random internet peoples, this is for you. ;) If you are NOT that well versed in hockey, but generally like sports and are interested in learning more, that would work too. Hey, 9 years ago, I didn't follow hockey until joining the ToOHL...now look at me. :-

It is a long season, running from October through April (our league does not include the playoffs), so take that into consideration. I think it's a lot of fun if you keep up with it. Last year was awful because I was in fourth - behind Catspaw and Bmuntz AND Dr. Watson! :x I shall avenge that this year!

Our league is a private, invitation only Yahoo league, so if anybody is interested, let me know. I can get an email sent out to you for you to join up, and all of the members can then discuss the best time for the draft. :D

Yay for hockey! \:D/
Last edited by Laura Ingalls on Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Wow, I really hadn't realized how long the ToOHL has been in existence! It's always lots of fun, and it makes you a better person, apparently, since Laura follows hockey now, and hockey is awesome. \:D/ I also love Laura because of the order she wrote the names of the people who beat her last year, since it makes me look like the winner. O:)

A few reasons as to why hockey is great!

1) Super handsome Swedish guy (plus a Muppet!)

Fun fact: I have a friend who doesn't care about hockey, but after I showed her how handsome Henrik Lundqvist is, she decided that he's her favourite player. She asks me now and then to remind her of his name and his team, but he's still her favourite. ;)

2) Enigmatic Russians

3) Sleight of hand experts

4) Plus, you know, they play hockey and stuff...

Honestly, if the very first video doesn't make you a fan, nothing will. ;)
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I'm ready for another season of not doing anything with my team! \:D/
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I feel really sorry for all the people on the ToO who apparently are uninterested in such a great sport. :( You will never know the joys of growing to love Henrik Sedin as he has an awesome season and puts you in first place in the hockey pool, and then being offended whenever somebody else thinks that his twin brother Daniel is better. No! :x Henrik is always better! :inlove:

It brings deep sadness to my heart to contemplate the horrors of a hockey-less life, but alas, people are allowed to make their own mistakes decisions.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

*sigh*

I know, it's sad, isn't it. Poor deprived people. :(
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

You guys all officially missed out on an awesome live hockey draft, with "you guys" being defined as anybody who is not Dr. Watson, Laura Ingalls, Bmuntz, or myself.

I guess the advantage of only having 6 teams in the league is that there are a lot more good players to go around. \:D/ Sidney Crosby is all mine! :inlove:
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

It was a ton of fun, as usual, guys! \:D/ So glad the 4 of us could be there, unlike the year that we totally forgot the draft. :x

Can't wait til the season starts!
Last edited by Laura Ingalls on Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Catspaw wrote:You guys all officially missed out on an awesome live hockey draft, with "you guys" being defined as anybody who is not Dr. Watson, Laura Ingalls, Bmuntz, or myself.
You mean me! \:D/
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

bookworm wrote:
Catspaw wrote:You guys all officially missed out on an awesome live hockey draft, with "you guys" being defined as anybody who is not Dr. Watson, Laura Ingalls, Bmuntz, or myself.
You mean me! \:D/
And one other person too - I wouldn't want to single you out all by yourself!

On the selfish side of things, it is kind of nice when some people autodraft, because it goes a lot faster, but I think it's also less fun all around.
E II
Animatronic
Post by E II »

Well I can count as nobody so you can do that if you want :)
I am confused
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

E II wrote:Well I can count as nobody so you can do that if you want :)
Sorry, I'm not sure if I missed something. :anxious: What do we want to do that means you need to count as nobody? The draft was on Saturday, so that's already done.
E II
Animatronic
Post by E II »

I wasn't there, but I was saying I could be no one so you could single him out ;)
I am confused
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Oh, I see. Yes, that works for me. ;)

There was only one terrible person who missed all the fun of the live draft, and that terrible person's name is bookworm. :x Boooo!!!