Worth - Short Film (by my brother)

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Worth - Short Film (by my brother)

Post by snubs »

So, do you guys remember my brother, Jared? The guy who does/did Chatz? OF COURSE YOU DO.
Weeelll, he is just getting into film and he finally has completed HIS VERY FIRST SHORT FILM. *claps* \:D/

He would really appreciate your 'views' on the film. So I hope you'll take the time to watch the over 6 minute video.

>> CLICK HERE TO WATCH IT <<
This is my first short film. My friend and I developed the premise of the film Worth. The story looks at one person's stand for his beliefs and what it would take for him to deny or compromise them. How far would you go in contending for your beliefs?
Your comments and constructive criticism are welcome (Jelly, your experienced eye and input is especially welcomed).
Just remember this is his very first short film, and before going into making it he didn't know ANYTHING about cameras or editing software AT ALL.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

That was a short film. I don't feel very qualified enough to give lots of criticism, but I will say that there seems to be lots of dead sound inbetween audible dialogue.
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
Anemone
Horse Crazy 14
Horse Crazy 14

Post by Anemone »

Whitty Whit wrote:That was a short film. I don't feel very qualified enough to give lots of criticism, but I will say that there seems to be lots of dead sound inbetween audible dialogue.
Just keep in mind that it was his very first short film. So there's bound to be things that need to be fixed/changed.
ImageWeird is just a side effect of being awesome.Image
Song under my sig is 'Green Rain' by SHINee
Image Image Image Image Image Image
~JCGJ~
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

I think it was very well made, especially for a first attempt.
I've seen worse local commercials from people who have been making (bad) commercials for years. ;)

I do agree with Whitty, there was quite a bit of dead space in the sound, but I also think that the dead space really helps to create the atmosphere of a police interview sort of thing; it helps to build the tension.
I also really like the fact that the boy was never named, which (I think) makes it easier to place oneself into the role of the boy.

Overall, I'd say it had a very clear message, and was fairly well made. Tell your bro to keep it up! I'm looking forward to seeing more of his work in the future!

P.S. How old is your brother, simply for curiosity's sake (or am I just being stalkerish now? :mrgreen: )?

P.P.S. When are we ever going to get more Chatz? I've been dying for more than a year now...
They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Anemone
Horse Crazy 14
Horse Crazy 14

Post by Anemone »

~JCGJ~ wrote:I think it was very well made, especially for a first attempt.
I've seen worse local commercials from people who have been making (bad) commercials for years. ;)

I do agree with Whitty, there was quite a bit of dead space in the sound, but I also think that the dead space really helps to create the atmosphere of a police interview sort of thing; it helps to build the tension.
I also really like the fact that the boy was never named, which (I think) makes it easier to place oneself into the role of the boy.

Overall, I'd say it had a very clear message, and was fairly well made. Tell your bro to keep it up! I'm looking forward to seeing more of his work in the future!

P.S. How old is your brother, simply for curiosity's sake (or am I just being stalkerish now? :mrgreen: )?

P.P.S. When are we ever going to get more Chatz? I've been dying for more than a year now...
He really wanted it to have that kind of "interrogation" feel to it so I think the dead sound was kind of what he was going for.

My brother is 20 (he'll be 21 in January. He's working on Chatz to make it's grand comeback once he gets some other things in order....So Chatz will be back, but just not right now. ;]
ImageWeird is just a side effect of being awesome.Image
Song under my sig is 'Green Rain' by SHINee
Image Image Image Image Image Image