Community Outreach Projects

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Samantha14
All That Is Sam.
All That Is Sam.

Community Outreach Projects

Post by Samantha14 »

This is mainly just in general disvussion, but I'm working on some local outreach projects of my own, two of which I hope to have up and running within the next year or two.

These are particularly youth directed, though, so while I'm obviously pretty aware of my own generations needs (:p) I'm definitely up for any suggestions you might have.

I'm working on a youth center (Original credit via JasonWhit'sSon, who is also doing this, but is likely different [better =p] than my own idea) and a youth-oriented radio station. Both of which are intended to be safe, clean, friendly alternatives to, well, the alternatives, but also cool and trendy enough to draw teens to it.

Ton of ideas in mind, but, again, suggestions are welcome and helpful.
merp.
SirWhit
I'm finally a No0b

Post by SirWhit »

Don't go out of the way to be cool and trendy. Or to rephrase, don't artificially make it cool and trendy. Keep it natural.
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

Also, remember that trends change daily. Try to pick a theme that kids will continue to enjoy for a long time.
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!