Catspaw and JF vs. Laura and Watson

Epicness.

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Catspaw and JF vs. Laura and Watson

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Today I bring to you the tale of two fan clubs. \:D/ Back in June, I received a message from Catspaw, letting me know that she would be visiting JF in Virginia. As Dr. Watson and I don't live all that far from her, they wondered if they would be able to arrange a meetup. :o After some delays, we were able to work it out that they would drive up to our house one day for dinner. Woot! :dance:

Unfortunately, they both showed up wearing Shadowpaw Fan Club t-shirts. :x What was this abomination?! Everyone knows that the Dr. Watson Fan Club pwns all others. :noway: For awhile we were in a standoff.

We were able to work out our differences eventually and had a wonderful time chatting around the dinner table. \:D/ It was great to be able to make little ToO and AIO references and jokes and actually have them understood! Haha! O:) It was over all too soon, and they had to be on their way after posing for pictures.

And just yesterday, what came in the mail but a package from Catspaw! :D She was so kind and sent an assortment of Canadian CANDY for us. :mad: Look at that!

ToO reunions are pure awesomeness. :yes:
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Aw, great story and great pictures! :D sounds great.

Love Canadian candy too O:) Catspaw has sent me and my sis some in the past, and it was really good.

Till the end of the line.
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

Lovely photos! And I'm a bit jealous at that delicious pile of candy. \:D/
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Many thanks go to Laura and Dr. Watson and their family for being wonderful hosts! I love the way Laura presented the pictures. :lol: It was indeed a showdown of epic proportions. Fortunately, we're all mature enough to agree to disagree. O:)

Sherlock, you're closer to the border than most Americans. Come and taste the goodness for yourself! ;)
Mimi
Animatronic

Post by Mimi »

Aw that looks so fun Laura! And thanks for showing the pictures so I finally know what Catspaw looks like! :)
Charis

Post by Charis »

Best. Topic. Ever. Shadowpaw fan club all the way! :inlove:
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

Dr. Watson is awesome and so is Laura's shirt, but Shadowpaw Fan Club wins.

Oh, seriously treasure those Coffee Crisp bars. A nice light snack. <3 Just remember if you got any Kinder Eggs to keep them hidden inside your house and don't tell anyone you have them! :-$ They're banned in the US. \:D/
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Charis

Post by Charis »

darcie wrote:Just remember if you got any Kinder Eggs to keep them hidden inside your house and don't tell anyone you have them! :-$ They're banned in the US. \:D/
I didn't know this. xD Another reason why living in Canada is amazing, aha.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Charis wrote:
darcie wrote:Just remember if you got any Kinder Eggs to keep them hidden inside your house and don't tell anyone you have them! :-$ They're banned in the US. \:D/
I didn't know this. xD Another reason why living in Canada is amazing, aha.
Yeah, I've read stories of people getting Kinder Eggs confiscated at the border going into the US. :lol: Now that I know they're banned in the US, I try not to send them, but it does seem more than a little silly. ;)

Shadowpaw fan club forever! \:D/ It will never die...unless we let evil Dr. Watson win. :noway:
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

Just so everyone knows, I'm the one on the far right. \:D/

darcie wrote:Dr. Watson is awesome and so is Laura's shirt, but Shadowpaw Fan Club wins.
You have just won yourself an insta-ban!! :x

Catspaw wrote:Shadowpaw fan club forever! \:D/ It will never die...unless we let evil Dr. Watson win. :noway:
You are never allowed in Virginia again. :noway:
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

It looks like all of you had a fun time! :) I really liked the way that Laura presented those pictures. It definitely made me laugh ;)
*insert provocative quote here*
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

Catspaw wrote:Sherlock, you're closer to the border than most Americans. Come and taste the goodness for yourself! ;)

Hmm, good point! But, alas, I am leaving the rebel colonies on Monday, so I will have to source my candy from Her Majesty's turf. This includes the vile and notorious Kinderegg, scourge of safety-minded children everywhere. ;)
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

It looks like you all had a fun and wonderful time! Laura, the way you presented the pictures were awesome.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

Wait! There are actual "I <3 The Shadowpaw Fanclub" t-shirts? I thought that was a reoccurring joke.

I didn't know those were only available in Canada. *Enjoys more thoroughly.*

It looks like you thoroughly enjoyed yourselves. Thank you for sharing your adventures with us.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Dr. Watson wrote:
Catspaw wrote:Shadowpaw fan club forever! \:D/ It will never die...unless we let evil Dr. Watson win. :noway:
You are never allowed in Virginia again. :noway:
Oh good, it will be much more convenient for me if you and Laura come to visit me in Canada. \:D/
Sherlock wrote:
Catspaw wrote:Sherlock, you're closer to the border than most Americans. Come and taste the goodness for yourself! ;)

Hmm, good point! But, alas, I am leaving the rebel colonies on Monday, so I will have to source my candy from Her Majesty's turf. This includes the vile and notorious Kinderegg, scourge of safety-minded children everywhere. ;)
Sounds like a wise move. Have fun! English chocolate is good too.

31899 wrote:Wait! There are actual "I <3 The Shadowpaw Fanclub" t-shirts? I thought that was a reoccurring joke.
It's a joke because it's real! \:D/ The fan club idea was a joke, but one day at the college I went to way back in the day, they had a t-shirt press machine where you could get anything you wanted on a t-shirt, and inspiration struck! JF, Frank and I all have t-shirts...and maybe one more person? I can't remember now, but I thought there were 4 of them. Maybe Evil Chick?
Graces4you
Love to love
Location: Somewhere in a Beautiful Valley That everyone ought a see.

Post by Graces4you »

Catspaw wrote:
31899 wrote:Wait! There are actual "I <3 The Shadowpaw Fanclub" t-shirts? I thought that was a reoccurring joke.
It's a joke because it's real! \:D/ The fan club idea was a joke, but one day at the college I went to way back in the day, they had a t-shirt press machine where you could get anything you wanted on a t-shirt, and inspiration struck! JF, Frank and I all have t-shirts...and maybe one more person? I can't remember now, but I thought there were 4 of them. Maybe Evil Chick?
Was it Lizzy? I was looking through old convention threads recently...
It looks like you had a lot of fun \:D/
Awesome pictures and the candy might just mean I have to trek up to Canada sometime ;)

Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

They were made long before Lizzie or I were members of the fan club. ("long before" being a relative term to the age of the club upon our joining ;) ) I'm nearly positive the 4th is Evil Chick.
Dr. Watson wrote:You have just won yourself an insta-ban!! :x
Oh yeah?? Well, which one of us has access to the insta-ban button?? :x
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Oh man. It's like the four greatest users ever all in one photo. :panic:
Dr. Watson wrote:Just so everyone knows, I'm the one on the far right. \:D/
Thanks because I didn't know if that was you or EK.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

I feel like a total n00b, but...

First, who's JF?

Second, who's who? I know who Laura and Dr. Watson are because of pictures in the Post a Picture of yourself thread, but I don't know which one is Catspaw and which one is JF...
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Christian A.
Animatronic

Post by Christian A. »

JF (jesusfreak777) is the former co-host of The Unofficial AIO Podcast. She's the one on the right in the pictures. =)