solar eclipse

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

solar eclipse

Post by bookworm »

I don't know why I didn't hear about this before it happened, but Europe just witnessed a nearly complete solar eclipse.

This article has a couple videos of the plunge into darkness, and this one has an amazing shot of the ISS crossing the small remaining sliver of sun. Pretty spectacular.
Pengwin
Penguin-tastic
Penguin-tastic

Post by Pengwin »

I knew about this and was saddened that America didn't get to see any of it. :(
:wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky:
~JCGJ~
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

I'm still waiting for August 21st, 2017, when the point of totality is crossing smack over Lexington, SC. :mrgreen:
They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Wow, that second link does have a great picture of the event! Very cool.

Clearly some people pay a lot more attention to this than me! ~JCGJ~ is planning 2 years ahead?! You better be planning to get some great pictures to share with us then!
LIGHTNING
Pilgrim

Post by LIGHTNING »

~JCGJ~ wrote:I'm still waiting for August 21st, 2017, when the point of totality is crossing smack over Lexington, SC. :mrgreen:
What?!!??!!?!? I TIS@!?!?! >! ?! ? ? ?? !

-- 09 Jun 2015, 03:38 --

Oh yeah CatToes, I know I will have some pictures... IF I HAD KNOWN ABOUT THIS OTHER ONE I WOULD HAVE TRIED TO GO SEE IT!!!
Arwen
No way I broke the window

Post by Arwen »

Oh yeah. I heard about the 2017 one. I will definitely prep photo equipment and plan a trip to wherever the best vantage point is (for some reason I thought I heard Kentucky. Maybe I just got the Lexingtons confused.

Well, according to the websites I'm looking at, the point of longest duration is Illinois, and the point of greatest eclipse is Kentucky.

Looks like I'll be planning a trip to one of those places in two years...
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless
LIGHTNING
Pilgrim

Post by LIGHTNING »

Hm, what about Nelimora?
Arwen

Post by Arwen »

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
LIGHTNING
Pilgrim

Post by LIGHTNING »

It crashed my phone... :?
Arwen

Post by Arwen »

Not a good site to try to view on your phone. Check from your computer. It's basically a high-tech Google Earth view of the US, with the path of the eclipse. If you select a spot, it'll give you coordinates and details on the eclipse.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Catspaw wrote:Clearly some people pay a lot more attention to this than me! ~JCGJ~ is planning 2 years ahead?! You better be planning to get some great pictures to share with us then!
I knew about the 2017 event. \:D/ And hopefully I'll be able to see it. :x It seems like every time events like this happen IT IS OVERCAST. :x :noway:

I didn't know about the solar eclipse in Europe, but that's pretty stinkin' cool.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |