Liberty

The school, not the idea….

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Liberty

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Hey Too'ers!

Just curious, I've seen Liberty University mentioned a number of times around this board, and was just curious if any currently active members went/are currently enrolled there.

:)
Graces4you
Love to love
Location: Somewhere in a Beautiful Valley That everyone ought a see.

Post by Graces4you »

I know Angel goes/went there, but I don't know how active she's been recently.....

Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

I've never attended, but I have been there.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
~JCGJ~
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

You know you've worked at Liberty Tax far too long when the first image that pops into your mind when you read "Liberty" is one of a dancing Statue of Liberty spinning a sign that says "Honk if You Love Liberty!" :mrgreen:

I've got friends going to Liberty University next Autumn... Maybe I can hook y'all up, if you like.
Have you applied/been accepted, or are you simply looking for more info?
They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

I got my B.S. in Biblical Studies, and my M.DIV in Theology there. I also met my husband there, and he is currently employed by LU. What would you like to know? :)
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Graces4you wrote:I know Angel goes/went there, but I don't know how active she's been recently.....
I'm pretty sure Angel is still there, though I don't know for how long.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

~JCGJ~ wrote: I've got friends going to Liberty University next Autumn... Maybe I can hook y'all up, if you like.
Have you applied/been accepted, or are you simply looking for more info?
I've applied and been accepted, so I'm in the process of deciding if I want to leave the west coast and move all the way to Virginia or not :anxious:

JesusFreak777 wrote:I got my B.S. in Biblical Studies, and my M.DIV in Theology there. I also met my husband there, and he is currently employed by LU. What would you like to know? :)
Wow, okay :) I was just wondering if you liked it/had a good experience there/would you go there again type thing. Also, were you/anyone you knew part of the Honors Program at all?

And lastly, (I'm being semi-serious here) were you ever able to find your way around DeMoss without getting lost? I visited last week, and I probably spent more time wandering around looking for the right place than anything else… :P
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

hahaha! Ok first, I should tell you, I'm also originally a West Coast girl - SW Washington just outside of Portland, Or.

Second, I loved it. Amazing people, awesome professors, and incredible opportunities - which have only gotten better since I went. (The sheer number of food options and the new library make me green with envy) I didn't do the honors program, but several friends did. It really depends on the program you want to do though, but honors can kick your tail if you aren't prepared for it. Some programs are definitely better than others at LU. What are you looking at majoring in?

Getting lost in Demoss is a rite of passage, I think. I seriously have no idea who numbered that building, or why, as it makes ZERO sense - and I've been around for 9 years now! You do eventually figure it out, but I advise reading the signs on every corner...or memorize where you need to go. Hopefully the new buildings will make more sense....

PM me if you want to talk more. Wish I had known you were visiting - I would have tried to meet up with you and show you around.

JF
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

DanP740 wrote:
Graces4you wrote:I know Angel goes/went there, but I don't know how active she's been recently.....
I'm pretty sure Angel is still there, though I don't know for how long.
Angel is there for another year. :yes:

I also went to Liberty, but only for a year. I absolutely LOVED IT, though! It's a great school. The problem I ran into was that it's very expensive, so you really want to try and land good scholarships. Best of luck if you go there, JP! \:D/