My Endeavor into the World of Fast-Food

Any tips/tricks you'd like to share?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
~JCGJ~
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Autumn is a Glorious Season
My Endeavor into the World of Fast-Food

Post by ~JCGJ~ »

Soooo... With Tax Season coming to a close, I figured I should begin looking for a new job, so I can continue saving money for my studies in Audio Engineering. I filled out an application to Wendy's last week, and had an interview yesterday. I got a call today that I got the job, and I'll begin next Monday evening. =D> \:D/ :mrgreen:
I'll mostly be doing general maintenance/janitorial duties (making sure the dining room and restrooms are presentable, washing dishes, mopping floors, etc.), but Arlene (the Manager) said that I'll eventually be able to learn the fry station, burger grill, register, drive-through (etc.) as opportunities present themselves.
Do any of you people who have worked in the Fast-Food industry have any tips to someone who's only ever danced on the street corner to earn his keep? If so, feel free to share whatever you think might help me get acclimated ASAP! :mrgreen:
They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Pengwin
Penguin-tastic
Penguin-tastic

Post by Pengwin »

That's awesome! \:D/ I have never had a job so I have no advice. =p
:wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I haven't worked in fast food, but a couple of friends of mine have over the years, and I think patience and a strong work ethic are things that will take you a long way with both customers and your fellow employees! And be prepared for people to be unhappy at some point, both for reasons that are your fault and for reasons that are totally not your fault. ;)
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Hmm, no personal experience, but I have a friend who's working in Fast Food right now, until he starts college. Go out of your way to make peoples day that much more pleasant, have a good work ethic, and show up on time. :)